Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 13, 2015 11:33 am

Hand wrote:Hmm 54 work days left, not including today (which is cheating really, since it's only 8:15 in this timezone, but I'll take it, gotta keep hope alive).


I think we have the same target leaving date. July 31? Or do i suck at counting?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Wed May 13, 2015 11:44 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Hand wrote:Hmm 54 work days left, not including today (which is cheating really, since it's only 8:15 in this timezone, but I'll take it, gotta keep hope alive).


I think we have the same target leaving date. July 31? Or do i suck at counting?


July 31st indeed; I'm counting eleven weeks plus the two days remaining in this week minus two federal holidays and one vacation day I have planned

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 13, 2015 11:49 am

Hand wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Hand wrote:Hmm 54 work days left, not including today (which is cheating really, since it's only 8:15 in this timezone, but I'll take it, gotta keep hope alive).


I think we have the same target leaving date. July 31? Or do i suck at counting?


July 31st indeed; I'm counting eleven weeks plus the two days remaining in this week minus two federal holidays and one vacation day I have planned


Nice. So both. haha I only counted the two federal holidays so I was off by one...but still correct. I've been asked to push my leaving date back and am considering doing it in exchange for a couple more three day weekends. Money would be nice, but my lease also ends at the end of July. We'll see.

User avatar
tortsandtiaras
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tortsandtiaras » Wed May 13, 2015 1:57 pm

So my boss just scheduled a 'catch-up' meeting this Friday to discuss the projects I have and how they're doing/just talk and see how I'm doing.

I'm thinking this would be the perfect time to bring up the "I'm leaving next month" convo...but I'll probably chicken out again :oops:

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Wed May 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 13, 2015 2:01 pm

mwonka wrote:
You've gotta do it! That's the ideal time. It's okay. You'll feel so much better after.


+1
ETA: Listen to some gangsta rap/eye of the tiger/whatever you need before you go in.

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby CaptainJapan » Wed May 13, 2015 2:12 pm

tortsandtiaras wrote:So my boss just scheduled a 'catch-up' meeting this Friday to discuss the projects I have and how they're doing/just talk and see how I'm doing.

I'm thinking this would be the perfect time to bring up the "I'm leaving next month" convo...but I'll probably chicken out again :oops:



Definitely use this opportunity. It's better than having to force some meeting out of the blue and dealing with the awkwardness then.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed May 13, 2015 2:45 pm

My relaxing afternoon of selling old clothes and buying new ones just turned into sitting in the parking lot that is the highway, wishing I hadn't consumed so much sweet tea at lunch.

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Haven't posted here yet because even looking at this thread makes me feel guilty...

48 days of work and getting married between me and the beginning law school. Pretty sure it will be relaxing by comparison.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Wed May 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 13, 2015 3:16 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Haven't posted here yet because even looking at this thread makes me feel guilty...

48 days of work and getting married between me and the beginning law school. Pretty sure it will be relaxing by comparison.


Welcome friend, this is a place where you need not feel guilty, congrats on the upcoming nuptials


+1 to the bolded! However, regarding the guilt....are you feeling guilty because you aren't slacking enough? bc that does seem appropriate. I'm sure many of us would love to give you helpful advice on how to slack more effectively for the next 48 days, if that is the case.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Wed May 13, 2015 3:17 pm

we're all basically experts on slacking

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby usn26 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:17 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Haven't posted here yet because even looking at this thread makes me feel guilty...

48 days of work and getting married between me and the beginning law school. Pretty sure it will be relaxing by comparison.


Welcome friend, this is a place where you need not feel guilty, congrats on the upcoming nuptials


+1 to the bolded! However, regarding the guilt....are you feeling guilty because you aren't slacking enough? bc that does seem appropriate. I'm sure many of us would love to give you helpful advice on how to slack more effectively for the next 48 days, if that is the case.


Haha, indeed.

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Poldy » Wed May 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Two and a half days of work left until I'm unemployed for the first time in five years. The two weeks between this Friday and when I start my new pre-law school job will be the longest break I've had in a long time. Needless to say, I'm finding it difficult to work very hard.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby KMart » Wed May 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Gray wrote:we're all basically experts on slacking

+1. I really only post at work now and my posts have increased from when I went on all the time.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed May 13, 2015 3:23 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:Haven't posted here yet because even looking at this thread makes me feel guilty...

48 days of work and getting married between me and the beginning law school. Pretty sure it will be relaxing by comparison.


awesome! i'm also getting hitched late next month

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Thanks all!

Slacking is indeed a fine art, but between TLS and sneaking in wedding-related tasks I think I have a pretty good handle on it. Still, any pointers y'all have are welcome. I wonder what it would take to get fired in my last 48 days...

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 3:24 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:awesome! i'm also getting hitched late next month

Congrats!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Wed May 13, 2015 3:25 pm

being married is fucking awesome IMO, so congrats to both of you guys on that! My third anniversary is Saturday. I think I'll procrastinate by planning something for that...

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Gray wrote:being married is fucking awesome IMO, so congrats to both of you guys on that! My third anniversary is Saturday. I think I'll procrastinate by planning something for that...

Hey, when you're on a roll, you're on a roll!

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby usn26 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:41 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Haven't posted here yet because even looking at this thread makes me feel guilty...

48 days of work and getting married between me and the beginning law school. Pretty sure it will be relaxing by comparison.


awesome! i'm also getting hitched late next month


Congrats to both of you :)

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Wed May 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Please tell us you signed a pre nup

User avatar
strugglebus
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby strugglebus » Wed May 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Had my last day at my current job today. My whole department used it as a welcome excuse to take a 2-hour lunch together.

Not actually done though since I'm taking a vacation and then starting a better-paid, more fun job for the summer.

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby smile0751 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:10 pm

So back to the eye-wear conversation, I'm thinking of doing lasik a few weeks (1 month?) before law school. I basically hate how dry my eyes get when wearing contacts and hate wearing glasses, but I am also as blind as a bat. Has anyone else had lasik? Opinions? Comments? Personal anecdotes?

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Wed May 13, 2015 11:16 pm

smile0751 wrote:So back to the eye-wear conversation, I'm thinking of doing lasik a few weeks (1 month?) before law school. I basically hate how dry my eyes get when wearing contacts and hate wearing glasses, but I am also as blind as a bat. Has anyone else had lasik? Opinions? Comments? Personal anecdotes?


Also curious as to this. I've heard horror stories...




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest