Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue May 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue May 12, 2015 12:03 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:They're more dangerous than bears IIRC

that's what we were always told. I think it's because they are more territorial than bears.

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue May 12, 2015 12:04 pm

Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:They're more dangerous than bears IIRC

that's what we were always told. I think it's because they are more territorial than bears.

will they tear you to pieces though?

also if they were really more dangerous than bears, don't you think there would be a putin-on-a-moose action figure? eh??? http://dangerousminds.net/comments/vlad ... ion_figure

curlietop86

Postby curlietop86 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:04 pm

Last edited by curlietop86 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 pm

curlietop86 wrote:
Gray wrote:
curlietop86 wrote:i celebrated this weekend by binge-watching a schmaltzy canadian television drama k

As the token Canuck, I have to ask - which one?

heartland! i'm completely obsessed. it's embarrassing.

<3 I've never watched it but the trailers that are always on TV look cheesy AF. Perfect for shameless binge watching.

curlietop86

Postby curlietop86 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Last edited by curlietop86 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 12, 2015 12:09 pm

It's okay I spent sunday lying in bed watching bad romantic comedies on netflix.

ETA: THIS IS A SAFE SPACE

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue May 12, 2015 12:18 pm

3-4-5-6

Maybe I should retire this account now?

ETA sorry bortles I think my 3455'd post was considerably better than this one

ETA (2) fucking scooped
Last edited by Hand on Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Hand wrote:3-4-5-6

Maybe I should retire this account now?

3455 was better.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 pm

I was trying to figure out why that was special. Definitely have Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits brain.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Hand wrote:my 3455'd post was considerably better than this one

Can confirm.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue May 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Several years ago I was at a Hummer dealership browsing after a co worker bought one. One of the things I discussed was hunting and carrying a deer. The salesman pulled out a photo book and found a moose strapped to the back of a hummer.

I have seen one during a trip through Yellowstone. 1/2 mile was close enough to take pictures without going closer

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Tue May 12, 2015 12:41 pm

storpappa wrote:Several years ago I was at a Hummer dealership browsing after a co worker bought one. One of the things I discussed was hunting and carrying a deer. The salesman pulled out a photo book and found a moose strapped to the back of a hummer.

This is a compact story Hemingway would approve of.

Indifference

Postby Indifference » Tue May 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Aaaand spending today applying to jobs for the summer. :|
Who knew so many part-time gigs required 5+ years of experience :oops: :shock:

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 12, 2015 1:29 pm

I want to make the jump to contact lenses but I'm a pussy when it comes to putting things on my eyes. Does it get easier and if so how long does it take to habituate?

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue May 12, 2015 1:30 pm

Bob Marley talks about the moose at Bugaboo Creek around 4 mins in

Gray if you haven't heard it you will love his question about what kind of food they serve at On The Border

Indifference

Postby Indifference » Tue May 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Kinky John wrote:I want to make the jump to contact lenses but I'm a pussy when it comes to putting things on my eyes. Does it get easier and if so how long does it take to habituate?

Got easier for me, to the point I could poke at my eyes if I wanted to. (Totally didn't do that). Took about two-three weeks for me. Ended up switching back a few years later so I could nap whenever/wherever I want, though.

On the other hand, I also know people who do not have contacts because they failed to habituate/cry and get red eyes no matter how much they try to put contacts in.

Basically, YMMV.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 12, 2015 1:33 pm

mujiali wrote:
Kinky John wrote:I want to make the jump to contact lenses but I'm a pussy when it comes to putting things on my eyes. Does it get easier and if so how long does it take to habituate?

Got easier for me, to the point I could poke at my eyes if I wanted to. (Totally didn't do that). Took about two-three weeks for me. Ended up switching back a few years later so I could nap whenever/wherever I want, though.

On the other hand, I also know people who do not have contacts because they failed to habituate/cry and get red eyes no matter how much they try to put contacts in.

Basically, YMMV.

Thanks. Any recommendations or is everything basically the same

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue May 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Kinky John wrote:
Thanks. Any recommendations or is everything basically the same

Consisered laser eye surgery?

tortsandtiaras

Postby tortsandtiaras » Tue May 12, 2015 1:40 pm

I've worn contact since I was 13 years old (so about ten years now), and I can honestly say I still hate putting them on. I use to be one of those girls who would not be caught dead with my glasses, but since high school I decided to objectively not give a damn. I only wear contacts now on the weekend and/or important meetings during the week :wink:

It's not bad putting them on at all. That's actually the easy part. The crappy part is the dryness that occurs if you wear them all day or live in a humid environment like FL. If I could provide you with one solid advice, please get the daily contacts -- I promise there is a difference.

Indifference

Postby Indifference » Tue May 12, 2015 1:42 pm

tortsandtiaras wrote:

I've worn contact since I was 13 years old (so about ten years now), and I can honestly say I still hate putting them on. I use to be one of those girls who would not be caught dead with my glasses, but since high school I decided to objectively not give a damn. I only wear contacts now on the weekend and/or important meetings during the week :wink:

It's not bad putting them on at all. That's actually the easy part. The crappy part is the dryness that occurs if you wear them all day or live in a humid environment like FL. If I could provide you with one solid advice, please get the daily contacts -- I promise there is a difference.

+1000 on this. Dryness in humid conditions is terrible. Also if you like drinking, that will dry them out even faster. +1 on the daily contacts.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue May 12, 2015 1:44 pm

I've been using monthly disposables for 15 years now and don't have the issues mentioned above. Also in FL.

I am to the point that I can take my contact out, spit on it, and put it back in if something gets in my eye or whatever. (i.e. it gets easier)

I usually end up leaving them in over night about once a month and don't have any issues the next day, but napping will fuck them up. I cannot function without glasses/contacts, so as soon as the contacts come out the glasses go on. I probably wear glasses once a week during the day.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Tue May 12, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 12, 2015 1:45 pm

IsThisForReal wrote: I am to the point that I can take my contact out, spit on it, and put it back in

lollll I feel like this is the eye irritation version of "JUST RUB SOME DIRT IN IT"

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue May 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secadc11

Postby secadc11 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:I've been using monthly disposables for 15 years now and don't have the issues mentioned above. Also in FL.

I am to the point that I can take my contact out, spit on it, and put it back in if something gets in my eye or whatever. (i.e. it gets easier)

I usually end up leaving them in over night about once a month and don't have any issues the next day, but napping will fuck them up. I cannot function without glasses/contacts, so as soon as the contacts come out the glasses go on. I probably wear glasses once a week during the day.

I totally do this too. I love contacts; I hate that with glasses I have to fully move my head around to see something properly.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”