Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
NotASpecialSnowflake

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Fri May 08, 2015 11:32 am

So I'm considering working part time for a while to save $$. Someone talk me into selling my ball instead :lol:

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Fri May 08, 2015 11:45 am

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:So I'm considering working part time for a while to save $$. Someone talk me into selling my ball instead :lol:

How many times have you experienced testicle-related trauma that reduced you to public kneeling and loss of breath? Ever sat down and yelped in pain because you accidentally sat on a testicle? How would you like to reduce the likelihood of that happening by 50%? Disclaimer: This procedure may not actually affect the likelihood of these events. If you said, "That would be stellar!" Then you may be an excellent candidate for a recently developed study! Just come on down to what you can only assume is going to be a very sketchy-looking warehouse without proper lighting or sanitation standards!

YOU'LL BE COMPENSATED FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS , but mostly your testicle, UP TO $50,000

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Fri May 08, 2015 11:52 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:So I'm considering working part time for a while to save $$. Someone talk me into selling my ball instead :lol:

How many times have you experienced testicle-related trauma that reduced you to public kneeling and loss of breath? Ever sat down and yelped in pain because you accidentally sat on a testicle? How would you like to reduce the likelihood of that happening by 50%? Disclaimer: This procedure may not actually affect the likelihood of these events. If you said, "That would be stellar!" Then you may be an excellent candidate for a recently developed study! Just come on down to what you can only assume is going to be a very sketchy-looking warehouse without proper lighting or sanitation standards!

YOU'LL BE COMPENSATED FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS , but mostly your testicle, UP TO $50,000

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri May 08, 2015 11:54 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Fri May 08, 2015 11:56 am

Get a job working with this guy for a few weeks, and then see how you feel about the proposed procedure

Shirosham

Postby Shirosham » Fri May 08, 2015 11:56 am

Making billables, oh god.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Fri May 08, 2015 11:59 am

storpappa wrote:
mwonka wrote:
storpappa wrote:Chicken stock
Vegan or not

There is no meat in it ...

is this for real?

Yes, it is a valid question
There is no meat in chicken stock, it is just water

Where do you think the flavor comes from you dingus

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Fri May 08, 2015 12:12 pm

storpappa wrote:Yes, it is a valid question

WTF kind of water have you been drinking?

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri May 08, 2015 12:13 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
storpappa wrote:Yes, it is a valid question

WTF kind of water have you been drinking?

water laced with bath salts, going by his recent posting history

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Fri May 08, 2015 12:14 pm

Its a valid question --- just being flavored with meat isn't the same as containing meat

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Fri May 08, 2015 12:15 pm

storpappa wrote:Its a valid question --- just being flavored with meat isn't the same as containing meat

Veganism isn't just not eating meat

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 pm

storpappa wrote:Its a valid question --- just being flavored with meat isn't the same as containing meat

You know that there are like, particles that you can't see, right? Chicken stock contains actual chicken particles, even if it doesn't contain chunks of chicken. That's why chicken stock tastes like chicken. I can't believe this needs explaining.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Fri May 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Hand wrote:

You know that there are like, particles that you can't see, right? Chicken stock contains actual chicken particles, even if it doesn't contain chunks of chicken. That's why chicken stock tastes like chicken. I can't believe this needs explaining.

Chicken carcass goes in, chicken stock comes out - can't explain that!

billoreilly.png

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Fri May 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Pretty sure that Veg stock would also qualify as vegan. Cant attest for how it tastes.

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Kinky John wrote:
Hand wrote:

Chicken carcass goes in, chicken stock comes out - can't explain that!

billoreilly.png

Chicken stock, magnets, the modern world is just too much for me, TOO MUCH I SAY

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Fri May 08, 2015 12:25 pm

Hand wrote:

Yeah. The reason why stock is stock is because the gelatins in the bones/cartilage break down and dissolve in the water. Also why vegetable stock is pointless since there is no gelatin.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Fri May 08, 2015 12:27 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
Hand wrote:

Yeah. The reason why stock is stock is because the gelatins in the bones/cartilage break down and dissolve in the water. Also why vegetable stock is pointless since there is no gelatin.

I'm going to pretend I never read that in order to avoid thinking about going veg myself.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Fri May 08, 2015 12:27 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:Pretty sure that Veg stock would also qualify as vegan. Cant attest for how it tastes.

I'm no chef but I would try adding mushrooms and anchovy-free Wocerstershire for dat MSG/umami if I were trying to mimic chicken

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri May 08, 2015 12:30 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:Yeah. The reason why stock is stock is because the gelatins in the bones/cartilage break down and dissolve in the water. Also why vegetable stock is pointless since there is no gelatin.

I'm going to pretend I never read that in order to avoid thinking about going veg myself.

damn cat, you got like knowledge and stuff

bortles, I haven't eaten meat or animal stock since the late 90s and can attest that while veggie stock is most useless, you'll get used to it eventually

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri May 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri May 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Hand wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:Yeah. The reason why stock is stock is because the gelatins in the bones/cartilage break down and dissolve in the water. Also why vegetable stock is pointless since there is no gelatin.

bortles, I haven't eaten meat or animal stock since the late 90s and can attest that while veggie stock is most useless, you'll get used to it eventually

ew I'm not sure we can still be friends.

Sushi doesn't count for you right?

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri May 08, 2015 12:34 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:

only human flesh eh?

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri May 08, 2015 12:34 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:

only human flesh eh?

also, yeah, this.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”