Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
OhBoyOhBortles

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 05, 2015 1:25 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
xylocarp wrote:lol people need to just chill

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 05, 2015 1:27 pm

Wahrheit wrote:
Rigo wrote:Also, a play on words (Cinco de Mayo = Sinko de Mayo) isn't racism.

Equating one of the most important holidays of an entire culture of people to sandwich spread and kitchen appliances... totally.

Care to make any jokes about The Alamo?

Legend has it that after davy crockett was killed by the mexicans, a scoop of vanilla ice cream fell on his corpse. This is where the term "Alamo-ed" comes from.

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 1:27 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
xylocarp wrote:lol people need to just chill

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Manifesto

Postby Chris Manifesto » Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Kinky John wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
Rigo wrote:Also, a play on words (Cinco de Mayo = Sinko de Mayo) isn't racism.

Equating one of the most important holidays of an entire culture of people to sandwich spread and kitchen appliances... totally.

Care to make any jokes about The Alamo?

Legend has it that after davy crockett was killed by the mexicans, a scoop of vanilla ice cream fell on his corpse. This is where the term "Alamo-ed" comes from.

LMFAO!

That. Was. Great.

His body was then transported on a primitive hearse known as the "ala-carte"
Last edited by Chris Manifesto on Tue May 05, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Kinky John wrote:Legend has it that after davy crockett was killed by the mexicans, a scoop of vanilla ice cream fell on his corpse. This is where the term "Alamo-ed" comes from.

tuxedocat wrote:

Both of these things make me happy

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:30 pm

tuxedocat wrote:Oh man, I've got some St. Patrick's Day jokes that are gonna BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF

Omg I cannot believe you would say something like that when there are so many wind-related natural disasters every single year.
Once you get over feeling so ashamed, feel free to repent by joining my boycott of Covergirl.
"Easy, B*****, Beautiful, Covergirl."

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 05, 2015 1:31 pm

I can hear my coworker watching pitch perfect instead of working. Jealous that she is leaving so soon.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:33 pm

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Wahrheit wrote:That is an awesome gif. ty tuxedocat

Admittedly I stole it from this thread, which I have bookmarked just so I can be soothed by the waterfall.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:35 pm

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Tue May 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Kinky John wrote:Legend has it that after davy crockett was killed by the mexicans, a scoop of vanilla ice cream fell on his corpse. This is where the term "Alamo-ed" comes from.

I really want to tell on you now.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:37 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:

I really want to tell on you now.

Oh I'm sure the post has already been reported.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Oh so I left yesterday, my boss is going on maternity leave this month, and my coworker is transferring to another department.
50% of the department will be gone and there won't be enough time to hire and train someone new in the next two weeks to pick up the slack (besides, there is no one to train a new person since my manager will be being a mother or whatever).

It's going to be a giant mess.

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Tue May 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Wed May 27, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rion91

Postby rion91 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Rigo wrote:Oh so I left yesterday, my boss is going on maternity leave this month, and my coworker is transferring to another department.
50% of the department will be gone and there won't be enough time to hire and train someone new in the next two weeks to pick up the slack (besides, there is no one to train a new person since my manager will be being a mother or whatever).

Same here. 4 people including me gone this summer. Can only enjoy what we have now

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Tue May 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Rigo wrote:Oh so I left yesterday, my boss is going on maternity leave this month, and my coworker is transferring to another department.

I'm leaving the office in a similar state. We just had a mini exodus so management is scrambling to make the work place more enjoyable with some team off-site functions. I think I'm going to spend my last Friday bowling.

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 3:28 pm

I feel like I have more work to do now that I quit. So much paperwork! I also got a request for discovery for one of my main clients, and they want to know how many files and emails I have related to that client. Do I have to count all the emails between me and a coworker making fun of other team members and the client? :oops:

secadc11

Postby secadc11 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:34 pm

tuxedocat wrote:I feel like I have more work to do now that I quit. So much paperwork! I also got a request for discovery for one of my main clients, and they want to know how many files and emails I have related to that client. Do I have to count all the emails between me and a coworker making fun of other team members and the client? :oops:

Worried about the bolded. Officially giving my notice a week from tomorrow, but will stay be in the office for about 6 weeks after that...

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Tue May 05, 2015 4:03 pm

secadc11 wrote: Officially giving my notice a week from tomorrow, but will stay be in the office for about 6 weeks after that...

If you're really worried, do you feel you need to give them so much notice? 6 weeks is a long time...

secadc11

Postby secadc11 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:12 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
secadc11 wrote: Officially giving my notice a week from tomorrow, but will stay be in the office for about 6 weeks after that...

If you're really worried, do you feel you need to give them so much notice? 6 weeks is a long time...

Yea unfortunately I do; it's a fairly unique circumstance. My fiance works at the same company and is going to pursue the option of working remotely and our company requires advanced notice on that -- so once he notifies his manager, I have to do the same because otherwise everyone would know anyway.

I also really like my boss and want to keep things as positive as possible by giving him time to bring someone else in, especially with other recent departures we have had in our area.

AOT

Postby AOT » Tue May 05, 2015 4:26 pm

secadc11 wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:

Yea unfortunately I do; it's a fairly unique circumstance. My fiance works at the same company and is going to pursue the option of working remotely and our company requires advanced notice on that -- so once he notifies his manager, I have to do the same because otherwise everyone would know anyway.

I also really like my boss and want to keep things as positive as possible by giving him time to bring someone else in, especially with other recent departures we have had in our area.

I did the same (~ 8 weeks notice) and they really appreciated it. It's also way less awkward than I imagined it would be, and I've only been here about 7 months so they actually had plenty reason to be annoyed.

secadc11

Postby secadc11 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:29 pm

alloverthat wrote:
secadc11 wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:

I did the same (~ 8 weeks notice) and they really appreciated it. It's also way less awkward than I imagined it would be, and I've only been here about 7 months so they actually had plenty reason to be annoyed.

Thanks for this; makes me feel better!

tortsandtiaras

Postby tortsandtiaras » Tue May 05, 2015 5:46 pm

This is my timeline exactly. I'm giving notice about 7 weeks in advance as well! Here's to hoping they don't fire us beforehand...

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 6:17 pm

I worked from home today so I could wait for Fedex to deliver this beauty (gift to myself for choosing a school!):

Totally unintentional but look how perfectly it matches my (vintage) Wash U mug!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”