Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Gray wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:Could you find a temp gig to get you through until Aug?

I'm looking into it. Problem is that I'm moving at the end of June, so that makes it much harder.


It's not enough to fully make up your current income (hopefully), but I did some freelance transcription work before I started my last job. There's a number of sites where you can pick up little bits of work so at least you have some income until the school year starts. And good practice for typing in law school :)

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 05, 2015 12:05 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
Gray wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:Could you find a temp gig to get you through until Aug?

I'm looking into it. Problem is that I'm moving at the end of June, so that makes it much harder.


It's not enough to fully make up your current income (hopefully), but I did some freelance transcription work before I started my last job. There's a number of sites where you can pick up little bits of work so at least you have some income until the school year starts. And good practice for typing in law school :)


I was going to suggest some freelance PS work, you seem pretty good with it.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3009
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Big Red » Tue May 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Lol I'm sitting at mrs boss woman's desk today and found a pile of resumes of people who want my jerb. Trying so hard not to look at them....

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue May 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Thanks guys! Mr. Gray is finishing his PhD thesis (so not working much at the moment) and we have a big move (and have no savings) so I can't really afford to lose the stability. I am supposed to start working from home in a couple of weeks, maybe that will make a bit of a difference. Until then, sadly gokarts.

User avatar
cal2013
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby cal2013 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Kinky John wrote:He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.


Image

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11941
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Gray wrote:Thanks guys! Mr. Gray is finishing his PhD thesis (so not working much at the moment) and we have a big move (and have no savings) so I can't really afford to lose the stability. I am supposed to start working from home in a couple of weeks, maybe that will make a bit of a difference. Until then, sadly gokarts.

Just what this country needs: more poors. :roll:

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby ChemEng1642 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:30 pm

cal2013 wrote:
Kinky John wrote:He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.


Image


+1

User avatar
NotASpecialSnowflake
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Tue May 05, 2015 12:50 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
cal2013 wrote:
Kinky John wrote:He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.


Image


+1

^ This
Am I doing it right?

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Tue May 05, 2015 12:54 pm

cal2013 wrote:
Kinky John wrote:He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.


Image


+1

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3009
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Big Red » Tue May 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Guys I'm dealing with an ethical dilemma over here!!!!

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Rigo wrote:
Gray wrote:Thanks guys! Mr. Gray is finishing his PhD thesis (so not working much at the moment) and we have a big move (and have no savings) so I can't really afford to lose the stability. I am supposed to start working from home in a couple of weeks, maybe that will make a bit of a difference. Until then, sadly gokarts.

Just what this country needs: more poors. :roll:


Damn Canadians, coming to the US and not taking our jobs.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Tue May 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Big Red wrote:Guys I'm dealing with an ethical dilemma over here!!!!


look at the resumes and quote choice parts ITT

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11941
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Big Red wrote:Guys I'm dealing with an ethical dilemma over here!!!!

They're already dead so you might as well eat them.

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Hand wrote:
Big Red wrote:Guys I'm dealing with an ethical dilemma over here!!!!


look at the resumes and quote choice parts ITT


+1

Why would it matter if you looked at the resumes anyway? It's not like that's confidential information.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Tue May 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Rigo wrote:
Big Red wrote:Guys I'm dealing with an ethical dilemma over here!!!!

They're already dead so you might as well eat them.


Or if they're not already dead, might as well kill them because they'll die eventually anyway

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 05, 2015 1:01 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
Hand wrote:
Big Red wrote:Guys I'm dealing with an ethical dilemma over here!!!!


look at the resumes and quote choice parts ITT


+1

Why would it matter if you looked at the resumes anyway? It's not like that's confidential information.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11941
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:02 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
Hand wrote:
Big Red wrote:Guys I'm dealing with an ethical dilemma over here!!!!

look at the resumes and quote choice parts ITT

+1
Why would it matter if you looked at the resumes anyway? It's not like that's confidential information.

(gets reported to HR by a certain someone ITT)

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11941
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:09 pm

oh shush you sad sack of ham.
It's banter.

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Rigo wrote:oh shush you sad sack of ham.
It's banter.


I'm prolly going to get reported for outing him but this is an actual photo of Wahrheit:
Image

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11941
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:15 pm

Also, a play on words (Cinco de Mayo = Sinko de Mayo) isn't racism.

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Wahrheit wrote:
Rigo wrote:Also, a play on words (Cinco de Mayo = Sinko de Mayo) isn't racism.

Equating one of the most important holidays of an entire culture of people to sandwich spread and kitchen appliances... totally.

Care to make any jokes about The Alamo?


Oh man, I've got some St. Patrick's Day jokes that are gonna BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF
Last edited by tuxedocat on Tue May 05, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue May 05, 2015 1:23 pm

xylocarp wrote:lol people need to just chill




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest