Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Tue May 05, 2015 11:02 am

Wahrheit wrote:This is legitimately something that could (should) be reported to HR, though. Equating the history of the holiday to a dumb joke about the Titanic and mayonnaise... come on. The actual celebration is about the Battle of Puebla, where the Mexicans held off a way bigger French force.
Yes, yes, taking things too seriously... this is just one of the holidays that gets made fun of way too much, and it bothers me how willfully ignorant people are about it.

Seriously? I feel really bad for your future coworkers and the HR department you'll inevitably annoy the shit out of.

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby CaptainJapan » Tue May 05, 2015 11:02 am

Wahrheit wrote:
This is legitimately something that could (should) be reported to HR, though.



Wut :|

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Tue May 05, 2015 11:03 am

Coworker: "So, are you counting the days yet?"
Me: "61 days left"
Coworker: "Oh you didn't, I love it"

Captures the general spirit of the office quite well

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 am

I'm becoming a lawyer to end workplace chain emails. Which school has the best program for that?

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue May 05, 2015 11:08 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 05, 2015 11:15 am

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
Kinky John wrote:I'm becoming a lawyer to end workplace chain emails. Which school has the best program for that?


This is a very noble pursuit. I applaud your deep regard for justice and public service, kind sir.


Thanks! I still haven't heard back from Yale or Harvard yet, so I'm gonna stay on the University of Phoenix Johnnie L Cochran Law Center (Rte. 17 location) waitlist. Fingers crossed!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue May 05, 2015 11:16 am

ugh my old company had the best people and we used to have the most hysterical chain emails. We did background checks and would just forward around the most hilarious bits of information, weird interview quotes and form typos. Like the guy who put his "street name" instead of the name of his street.

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 05, 2015 11:21 am

Gray wrote:ugh my old company had the best people and we used to have the most hysterical chain emails. We did background checks and would just forward around the most hilarious bits of information, weird interview quotes and form typos. Like the guy who put his "street name" instead of the name of his street.

That is awesome. I really wish that would happen around here because I'd love some nerd to have a street name.

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue May 05, 2015 11:22 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cal2013
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby cal2013 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:22 am

tortsandtiaras wrote:I'm sure this has been covered many years past, but hoping to somewhat ease my money woes with y'alls consolations.

I've been working for a year *trying* to save money for law school. I lived in a pretty expensive 1 bedroom apt in Palm Beach, FL (only because I was too far from home and had minimal options to choose a home 2 weeks before my job started). I managed to save in total only about $7,000 for law school and I'm starting to get anxious with all the expenses coming -- deposits, moving fees, new laptop, etc.

Sigh -- I guess I just want to know if anyone is in the same boat as me. I really congratulate those who have saved enough to basically take the summer off without mommy and daddy's help... Unfortunately, I am one of those who will be living at home for about a month expense free.


If it makes you feel better, I have saved significantly less than that.

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:24 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 05, 2015 11:24 am

cal2013 wrote:
tortsandtiaras wrote:I'm sure this has been covered many years past, but hoping to somewhat ease my money woes with y'alls consolations.

I've been working for a year *trying* to save money for law school. I lived in a pretty expensive 1 bedroom apt in Palm Beach, FL (only because I was too far from home and had minimal options to choose a home 2 weeks before my job started). I managed to save in total only about $7,000 for law school and I'm starting to get anxious with all the expenses coming -- deposits, moving fees, new laptop, etc.

Sigh -- I guess I just want to know if anyone is in the same boat as me. I really congratulate those who have saved enough to basically take the summer off without mommy and daddy's help... Unfortunately, I am one of those who will be living at home for about a month expense free.


If it makes you feel better, I have saved significantly less than that.

secadc11
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby secadc11 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:33 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
cal2013 wrote:
tortsandtiaras wrote:I'm sure this has been covered many years past, but hoping to somewhat ease my money woes with y'alls consolations.

I've been working for a year *trying* to save money for law school. I lived in a pretty expensive 1 bedroom apt in Palm Beach, FL (only because I was too far from home and had minimal options to choose a home 2 weeks before my job started). I managed to save in total only about $7,000 for law school and I'm starting to get anxious with all the expenses coming -- deposits, moving fees, new laptop, etc.

Sigh -- I guess I just want to know if anyone is in the same boat as me. I really congratulate those who have saved enough to basically take the summer off without mommy and daddy's help... Unfortunately, I am one of those who will be living at home for about a month expense free.


If it makes you feel better, I have saved significantly less than that.


+1

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Tue May 05, 2015 11:34 am


User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 05, 2015 11:40 am

Hand wrote:next level procrastination: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html


Thank god I'll be leaving well before I reach that level.

User avatar
curlietop86
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby curlietop86 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:42 am

.
Last edited by curlietop86 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue May 05, 2015 11:43 am

seriously considering quitting right now after the morning I had.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Tue May 05, 2015 11:45 am

Gray wrote:seriously considering quitting right now after the morning I had.


I'm normally inclined to say "do it" but I know you need them $$$ so hang in there

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue May 05, 2015 11:45 am

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:seriously considering quitting right now after the morning I had.


I'm normally inclined to say "do it" but I know you need them $$$ so hang in there

sadly gokarts.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Tue May 05, 2015 11:46 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Hand wrote:next level procrastination: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html


Thank god I'll be leaving well before I reach that level.


Just be sure to not do it in full screen if you do feel compelled to take it there

the inspector general's report indicated the DVD was watched in "full-screen" mode, leading officials to believe "little to no work was being performed during the time that pornographic material was visible on the screen," according to the report.


also I love the fact that this guy was watching DVDs instead of just looking something up on the internet

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 05, 2015 11:52 am

He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue May 05, 2015 11:58 am

Kinky John wrote:He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.


Yeah it's a shithole of a company and my boss's bullshit this morning sort of made me snap. I am the only person working here who has lasted for more than a few months, and I am totally sick of it.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 05, 2015 11:59 am

Gray wrote:
Kinky John wrote:He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.


Yeah it's a shithole of a company and my boss's bullshit this morning sort of made me snap. I am the only person working here who has lasted for more than a few months, and I am totally sick of it.


Could you find a temp gig to get you through until Aug?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue May 05, 2015 12:01 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Gray wrote:
Kinky John wrote:He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.


Yeah it's a shithole of a company and my boss's bullshit this morning sort of made me snap. I am the only person working here who has lasted for more than a few months, and I am totally sick of it.


Could you find a temp gig to get you through until Aug?

I'm looking into it. Problem is that I'm moving at the end of June, so that makes it much harder.

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby CaptainJapan » Tue May 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Kinky John wrote:He probably thought he was covering his tracks by not using the internet.

Hang in there Gray. Just remember, while the early bird catches the worm, the lazy bird gets the same amount of worms for little to no effort while also spiting its bird overlords. Confucius said that I think.



I used to have an English teacher that said, "the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Pretty cynical old bird now that I think of it.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest