. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Hand

Gold

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Post by Hand » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Wattz wrote:My office has not been very supportive. I told them, I don't care if they lay me off, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...
are you ok? do we need to call somebody?

LSATneurotic

Silver

Post by LSATneurotic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:04 pm

Hand wrote:
Wattz wrote:My office has not been very supportive. I told them, I don't care if they lay me off, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...
Office Space, bro (assuming you were serious, hand--always a dangerous assumption)

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:06 pm

LSATneurotic wrote:
Hand wrote:
Office Space, bro (assuming you were serious, hand--always a dangerous assumption)
Ahh it's Monday morning, I'm not that quick on catching references it turns out, despite having seen that movie more than once

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Hand wrote: Ahh it's Monday morning, I'm not that quick on catching references it turns out, despite having seen that movie more than once
Took me a second, too. Love it.

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Last time I got an email about client work was Wednesday. That is, uh, not normal, to put it lightly. Kind of hoping I get fired if it means I get unemployment.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm

tuxedocat wrote:Last time I got an email about client work was Wednesday. That is, uh, not normal, to put it lightly. Kind of hoping I get fired if it means I get unemployment.
does anybody know whether resident aliens are eligible for unemployment benefits? if so sign me up please

LSATneurotic

Silver

Post by LSATneurotic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:32 pm

:roll: effin' welfare queens

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:32 pm

ub3r

Bronze

Post by ub3r » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Gray wrote:someone else just quit my company, we're down to 3 people in the office....
My company isn't as small as that, but it's also seeing a mass exodus. I'm really glad I'm getting out in June, because I think it's spiraling the drain.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Why am I being trained to do all this new stuff when I'm leaving in a few weeks?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Gray wrote:
Rigo wrote:Why am I being trained to do all this new stuff when I'm leaving in a few weeks?
did you tell them you're leaving in a few weeks?
Also, jealous.
Yes! They're just dumb!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:38 pm

What's more is that there's a sizeable backlog of stuff I know how to do BUT NOPE. ~*~Training~*~

NotASpecialSnowflake

Bronze

Post by NotASpecialSnowflake » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Gray can you add a poll for when people are leaving their jobs? I wanna see who else is leaving in June.

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 pm

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:Gray can you add a poll for when people are leaving their jobs? I wanna see who else is leaving in June.
I started a thread about that! Not too active so far, but maybe people are clustering here instead. July is the leader right now.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=245264

NotASpecialSnowflake

Bronze

Post by NotASpecialSnowflake » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:53 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:Gray can you add a poll for when people are leaving their jobs? I wanna see who else is leaving in June.
I started a thread about that! Not too active so far, but maybe people are clustering here instead. July is the leader right now.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=245264
Oh nice thanks for that! I voted :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:08 pm

Watts, 180.

suppy183

New

Post by suppy183 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:10 am

Giving notice today. Weirdly excited for it, even though I'll still be working for another 3 months.

barbiegurl

New

Post by barbiegurl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:43 am

Really stoked I found this thread, makes me feel a lot less like a lonely shithead. Everyone at both of my jobs knows that I'm going to law school, and both jobs end in May. 5 more weeks...

One of my jobs is as an after school teacher, and my coworker and I recently had a 'lesson plan' in which we taught all the elementary school kids to utilize the very important phrase "I'm just here so I won't get fined"

Today, I've spent half of my time doing actual work. The other half has been spent lurking around forums and sending weird emails to my friends about James Harden and his Very Intense Beard.

wonka

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by wonka » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:45 am

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cheesy145

New

Post by cheesy145 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:10 am

I'm sticky noting the travel guide for my trip to Europe at my desk today

Tough day!

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Have to write my resignation letter this week so they can start the hiring process.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

misskatejd

New

Post by misskatejd » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:36 pm

after 2 years I never thought we even had this but just found out I have accrued 42 hours of sick time, how to use up before August without looking suspicious? lol

wish i would have known! I have genuinely missed work because i was ill but just took a loss of $, damm

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:37 pm

misskatejd wrote:after 2 years I never thought we even had this but just found out I have accrued 42 hours of sick time, how to use up before August without looking suspicious? lol

wish i would have known! I have genuinely missed work because i was ill but just took a loss of $, damm
start coughing right now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”