. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
arose928

Bronze

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Post by arose928 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 pm

Gray wrote:I have work browser (chrome) and a fun browser (firefox). It's easier to keep things straight.
+1. I do that too! You don't want to have to show someone something on your computer and then open a new tab and it shows your top 8 sites are Facebook, Jezebel, Pinterest (I'm a girl..) etc. Also annoying to have to log in and out of personal/work accounts for google docs etc.

sneakyleo

Bronze

Post by sneakyleo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:26 pm

---
Last edited by sneakyleo on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ballcaps

Silver

Post by ballcaps » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:34 pm

i teach children, so it's harder to fully let go.

i do find i'm basically immune to stress at this point, which, given my work, is an incredible advantage.

we're gonna be lawyers soon, guys!

pylon

Silver

Post by pylon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:37 am

I'm not even sure what the spreadsheet I have full-screened on my second monitor was originally for, but it sure looks fancy.

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:41 am

pylon wrote:I'm not even sure what the spreadsheet I have full-screened on my second monitor was originally for, but it sure looks fancy.
Exactly this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kanthandleit

New

Post by kanthandleit » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:28 am

TasmanianToucan wrote:
kanthandleit wrote:
ILoveYou wrote:
kanthandleit wrote:I've worked continuously since I was 15 years old, weekends and nights in high school and full-time during undergrad.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that there is a constant "fuck it" attitude coming from me, and there is nothing I can or will do to stop it.

A.....I want to say that's a calzone? after my own heart.
That would be an empanada, my friend. If I get off my final waitlist (in a good way), I will host an empanada party in Houston and you're invited.
Hey, a fellow Houstonian! If you're serious about that empanada party (which you'd better be... it's not nice to get people worked up like that) I wouldn't mind an invite. Just sayin'.
I am soooo down for an empanada party! I think I've gained 10 pounds anyway in the last few months from LSAT/application emotional eating, so we might as well. I'll even consider frying instead of baking.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychmusic

Bronze

Post by psychmusic » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Last edited by psychmusic on Fri May 01, 2015 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

AOT

Gold

Post by AOT » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:03 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
pylon wrote:I'm not even sure what the spreadsheet I have full-screened on my second monitor was originally for, but it sure looks fancy.
Exactly this.
Hahaha x 3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

matlan72

New

Post by matlan72 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm

If i wasn't (somewhat irrationally) terrified that I would have my offers of admission rescinded I would totally give up on everything... This is the one time in my life where I'm sort of thankful for anxiety and a certain degree of paranoia.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:27 pm

ILoveYou

Silver

Post by ILoveYou » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Gray wrote:My task for the afternoon is to review a bunch of shit and prepare a summary and proposal.

My boss didn't realize that the client has already sent the summary - I basically just have to copy/paste and reformat it.

Should take about 3.5 hours.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds about right. Gotta get those margins juuuuust right.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Gray wrote:
Gray wrote:My task for the afternoon is to review a bunch of shit and prepare a summary and proposal.

My boss didn't realize that the client has already sent the summary - I basically just have to copy/paste and reformat it.

Should take about 3.5 hours.
Update: just finished. Time to go home.
I miss you, Gray!

curlietop86

Bronze

Post by curlietop86 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Last edited by curlietop86 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

arose928

Bronze

Post by arose928 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:06 pm

The most (only) productive thing I did all day today was put together the process and timeline to hire my replacement. Includes such surprises as: posting the position online; collecting resumes; conducting interviews.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:13 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pylon

Silver

Post by pylon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:11 pm

It would be so much easier to completely let go at work once I have decisions back from all the schools I applied to (whether good or bad). Right now there's so much in the air, at work I just stress about admissions most of the time.

hitherim

New

Post by hitherim » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:18 am

so....how much can my gpa drop in my last semester without a school taking away scholarship money? anybody got stories? guesses?

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:33 am

Graduated at the end of December, and I was going to take a month off and then look for a part-time gig. Still "relaxing" while I look, somewhat halfheartedly. And I don't even feel bad. Reading for fun, hanging out, playing video games, and perusing TLS (and stressing at the H thread movement/non-movement). Figure after 4.5 years of uni, I can afford to some time for myself before I dive into the hell that will be law school and the job market. Long, slow recharging process here. So not senioritis, just general, healthy laziness.

curlietop86

Bronze

Post by curlietop86 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Last edited by curlietop86 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:23 am

imKMart wrote:
ILoveYou wrote: At least 2 hours of wasting time on TLS/elsewhere on the internet to each hour of working.
This seems like a good ratio for me as well.
I'm probably about 3 hrs of junk to 1 hr working.

ETA: It has gotten worse lately because my boss keeps giving me secretary type tasks (I'm an engineer), so I'm kinda rebelling. (I know, I'm such a badass lol 8) )

Everyone knows I'm leaving (late July if I move to another state, early Aug if I end up in-state), and they have just now started excluding me from things because I won't be around much longer.

I TLS, reddit, shop, and watch a ton of Hulu. Keep it in a small window in the corner of my second screen. Have a poster strategically placed in my window to hide that corner, since my windows face other offices windows (building is an H), so all I have to do to minimize is click in the screen to pause and then click on the outlook I keep full screen behind it. I have my own office and keep my door closed, and always have music on if not Hulu, so I'm hoping my neighbors, who aren't usually here anyway (yesterday I was the only person in my entire hallway), can't hear a difference.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:02 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
imKMart wrote:
ILoveYou wrote: At least 2 hours of wasting time on TLS/elsewhere on the internet to each hour of working.
This seems like a good ratio for me as well.
I'm probably about 3 hrs of junk to 1 hr working.

ETA: It has gotten worse lately because my boss keeps giving me secretary type tasks (I'm an engineer), so I'm kinda rebelling. (I know, I'm such a badass lol 8) )

Everyone knows I'm leaving (late July if I move to another state, early Aug if I end up in-state), and they have just now started excluding me from things because I won't be around much longer.

I TLS, reddit, shop, and watch a ton of Hulu. Keep it in a small window in the corner of my second screen. Have a poster strategically placed in my window to hide that corner, since my windows face other offices windows (building is an H), so all I have to do to minimize is click in the screen to pause and then click on the outlook I keep full screen behind it. I have my own office and keep my door closed, and always have music on if not Hulu, so I'm hoping my neighbors, who aren't usually here anyway (yesterday I was the only person in my entire hallway), can't hear a difference.
What's the angle on telling your coworkers you're leaving several months in advance? Just curious if most people did this or not...I've kept quiet to avoid the situation you describe above but I've had a lot of friends tell me I'm crazy for not mentioning law school to my boss.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:08 pm

CaptainJapan wrote: What's the angle on telling your coworkers you're leaving several months in advance? Just curious if most people did this or not...I've kept quiet to avoid the situation you describe above but I've had a lot of friends tell me I'm crazy for not mentioning law school to my boss.
I asked for LOR's from my bosses. And everyone else found out well before I intended just because people can't keep their mouths shut. But my biggest boss is super happy for me. I also know they are gonna need enough time to find a replacement, I have a lot of pretty important responsibilities, so I wanted to give them enough time.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”