. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Post by tortsandtiaras » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:10 am

Last day of work!!! Get to leave at lunch :) Life is good.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:19 am

I was supposed to be the only person in my hallway today, which I was kinda excited about. Now both my office neighbors are here today (one should be in puerto rico, the other is just never here) and I feel bad about watching youtube videos.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:31 am

IsThisForReal wrote:I was supposed to be the only person in my hallway today, which I was kinda excited about. Now both my office neighbors are here today (one should be in puerto rico, the other is just never here) and I feel bad about watching youtube videos.
It's your last day. You should feel bad about doing anything that isn't youtubing or megapoasting. Or huluing. Or netflixing. Anything besides work, really, that's what you should be doing.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:39 am

Well I'm supposed to be finishing maps so my overwhelmed coworker/friend doesn't get stuck with them, but I've been waiting on the program to open for an hour. I really don't feel like restarting my computer.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:02 am

Called in sick.
I don't get paid out on remaining sick time, so I might as well use it and get paid. Probably going to use the extra time to go hiking or something. Yay.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:16 am

Just got back from a final apartment hunting trip ... need to submit my app online today.
got my fall schedule ... M 2-330
T/R/F full days
W an 11 and the 2 ... be nice for booking any outside of school appointments knowing I have Monday mornings free

nreese970

New

Post by nreese970 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:59 pm

storpappa wrote:Just got back from a final apartment hunting trip ... need to submit my app online today.
got my fall schedule ... M 2-330
T/R/F full days
W an 11 and the 2 ... be nice for booking any outside of school appointments knowing I have Monday mornings free
That's pretty nice. I don't think I get my schedule until early August. I even had schedules for schools I had forgotten to withdraw from a month or two back. One of them was great. No class until noon on Mondays and no class after noon on Fridays.

MadwomanintheAttic

Bronze

Post by MadwomanintheAttic » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Last day at work is tomorrow! Very hopeful I may to get to leave at lunch and just confirmed my unused vacation time is coming with me :mrgreen:

KDgirl

New

Post by KDgirl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:41 am

Only 8 more working days for me. I called in sick for two days last week to also use some of my sick time. I thought about doing it again tomorrow... is that wrong?

I have to train the new hire starting Wednesday.. so I'll actually have to work. Boo.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 am

Anyone still not settled in their new school town, lease signed, furniture picked out, laptop and books already purchased? I have thought about all of those things, but none of them are finished yet. Heck, I havent' even purchased different colored Trapper Keepers for my classes yet.

KDgirl

New

Post by KDgirl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:46 am

storpappa wrote:Anyone still not settled in their new school town, lease signed, furniture picked out, laptop and books already purchased? I have thought about all of those things, but none of them are finished yet. Heck, I havent' even purchased different colored Trapper Keepers for my classes yet.

I am moving to my school town the 31st, so I haven't settled in yet. I already have the furniture and laptop I am bringing, and I haven't purchased my books yet. I am planning to steal (ahem, borrow long term) highlighters from my office. :D

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:48 am

storpappa wrote:Anyone still not settled in their new school town, lease signed, furniture picked out, laptop and books already purchased? I have thought about all of those things, but none of them are finished yet. Heck, I havent' even purchased different colored Trapper Keepers for my classes yet.
Still working until Thursday. I haven't gotten my class schedule yet, so not a huge deal.
Already signed a lease for a fully furnished place and got my laptop set up last week. No idea what I'm actually going to be doing for the 3.5 days I come in this week. Not much?

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:49 am

KDgirl wrote:highlighters from my office. :D
Get the Mr. Smell markers and try this at work to help burn up some of that remaining time at work
[youtube]U8F9ewlroRk[/youtube]

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

KDgirl

New

Post by KDgirl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:54 am

lol... nice. Unfortunately, I only have two different color highlighters haha. I guess that would give me 50/50 chance.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:57 am

Office supply run with reimbursement from the petty cash drawer, and you could have hours of entertainment with others in the office, PLUS, make a nice going away sign for your going away party. That's it, just say its going away party supplies

KDgirl

New

Post by KDgirl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:57 am

storpappa wrote:Office supply run with reimbursement from the petty cash drawer, and you could have hours of entertainment with others in the office, PLUS, make a nice going away sign for your going away party. That's it, just say its going away party supplies

You're a boss.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:01 am

KDgirl wrote:
storpappa wrote:Office supply run with reimbursement from the petty cash drawer, and you could have hours of entertainment with others in the office, PLUS, make a nice going away sign for your going away party. That's it, just say its going away party supplies

You're a boss.

0:25 seconds
[youtube]NisCkxU544c[/youtube]

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:05 am

unsweetened wrote: Already signed a lease for a fully furnished place and got my laptop set up last week. No idea what I'm actually going to be doing for the 3.5 days I come in this week. Not much?
Student housing apartment, or just a fully furnished?

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:07 am

Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:45 am

Hey guys. I quit my job on May 15 and then traveled for the last six weeks. In the course of traveling, I decided not to go to law school. So you people still hanging on to your jobs, don't feel bad, maybe there's an advantage in not having too much time to think :)

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:50 am

tuxedocat wrote:Hey guys. I quit my job on May 15 and then traveled for the last six weeks. In the course of traveling, I decided not to go to law school. So you people still hanging on to your jobs, don't feel bad, maybe there's an advantage in not having too much time to think :)
Congratulations! I wish I had the alternative options to make that choice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:53 am

storpappa wrote:
unsweetened wrote: Already signed a lease for a fully furnished place and got my laptop set up last week. No idea what I'm actually going to be doing for the 3.5 days I come in this week. Not much?
Student housing apartment, or just a fully furnished?
Fully furnished 1bd/1ba place a couple minutes off campus. I'm really looking forward to not having to move furniture. I'd probably want to KMS if I had to live in student housing since I'm old.

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:53 am

tuxedocat wrote:Hey guys. I quit my job on May 15 and then traveled for the last six weeks. In the course of traveling, I decided not to go to law school. So you people still hanging on to your jobs, don't feel bad, maybe there's an advantage in not having too much time to think :)
There's still time to change your mind again.

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:54 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
There's still time to change your mind again.
You know me, Bortles.

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:06 am

Giving my 2 weeks this Thursday!! :D

The only thing I'm nervous about right now is my SO not finding a job in the area :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”