Duke Law c/o 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
dylicious
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby dylicious » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Btw for you guys in Civ Pro. If you search amazon or whatever by ISBN it doesn't come up because it is a bundle with two books and amazon doesn't sell the bundle. I put the individual links below:

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-C ... g=UTF8&me=

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-S ... y_14_img_y

mgschiet
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby mgschiet » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:32 pm

dylicious wrote:Btw for you guys in Civ Pro. If you search amazon or whatever by ISBN it doesn't come up because it is a bundle with two books and amazon doesn't sell the bundle. I put the individual links below:

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-C ... g=UTF8&me=

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-S ... y_14_img_y

If you search by ISBN, you need a - after the first three numbers. 978-XXXXXXXXXX

User avatar
dylicious
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby dylicious » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:35 pm

mgschiet wrote:
dylicious wrote:Btw for you guys in Civ Pro. If you search amazon or whatever by ISBN it doesn't come up because it is a bundle with two books and amazon doesn't sell the bundle. I put the individual links below:

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-C ... g=UTF8&me=

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-S ... y_14_img_y

If you search by ISBN, you need a - after the first three numbers. 978-XXXXXXXXXX


Still doesn't work for that one book, because the bundle has a different ISBN. The other books were easily searchable though.

se627
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby se627 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:46 pm

unsolicited advice from a 2l. buy the e&e for civ pro as well as glannon's guide. work through some the exercises (especially those pertaining to the various types of jurisdiction) as you are covering the material in class. trust me. it will be invaluable in helping you to keep things straight.

gyra15
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby gyra15 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:38 pm

matlan72 wrote:Section 6 here! Stopped by the bookstore to pick up books and they were sold out of some already... And I thought I was early! :lol:

I'm section 6 too!

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby Winston1984 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Section 5!

: )
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:47 am

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby : ) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:26 pm

Damn. These textbook prices are pretty killer!
Going used/rent all the way.

Law1491
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby Law1491 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:53 pm

dylicious wrote:Btw for you guys in Civ Pro. If you search amazon or whatever by ISBN it doesn't come up because it is a bundle with two books and amazon doesn't sell the bundle. I put the individual links below:

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-C ... g=UTF8&me=

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-S ... y_14_img_y


Are textbooks different for different sections? Section 4 here, I have different books for Civil Procedure, one by Marcus and one by Spencer.

User avatar
Brady199
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:27 am

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby Brady199 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Books are expensive as fuck! Getting used ones from amazon as much as possible . don't trust 3rd party websites at all for a $150+ book though

MadwomanintheAttic
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby MadwomanintheAttic » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:55 pm

Brady199 wrote:Books are expensive as fuck! Getting used ones from amazon as much as possible . don't trust 3rd party websites at all for a $150+ book though


Been renting from amazon as much as possible, so far I have all books except 3 and my total so far is $420. I'm trying to be ok with spending this much on books.

fredfred
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby fredfred » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:14 am

MadwomanintheAttic wrote:
Brady199 wrote:Books are expensive as fuck! Getting used ones from amazon as much as possible . don't trust 3rd party websites at all for a $150+ book though


Been renting from amazon as much as possible, so far I have all books except 3 and my total so far is $420. I'm trying to be ok with spending this much on books.


Bought all used from Amazon.. over 900 bucks. That hurt the wallet.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:26 am

I'm honestly pretty jealous of the section 5 folks who get Haagen for small section.

legallybrunette93
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby legallybrunette93 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:30 am

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know where we find our syllabus for each class?

mgschiet
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby mgschiet » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:56 am

legallybrunette93 wrote:This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know where we find our syllabus for each class?

Log into Sakai...if the professor has made it available, it'll be on there.

User avatar
dylicious
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby dylicious » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Law1491 wrote:
dylicious wrote:Btw for you guys in Civ Pro. If you search amazon or whatever by ISBN it doesn't come up because it is a bundle with two books and amazon doesn't sell the bundle. I put the individual links below:

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-C ... g=UTF8&me=

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-S ... y_14_img_y


Are textbooks different for different sections? Section 4 here, I have different books for Civil Procedure, one by Marcus and one by Spencer.


Must be. I'm in section 5 and these are my books.

User avatar
gentlemanscholar
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby gentlemanscholar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:58 pm

I feel like I'm in the dark here. How are y'all finding your book lists? Do you have to go to the bookstore in person to get the titles, then search for them online? I don't see them listed on Aces anywhere.

fredfred
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby fredfred » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:00 pm

gentlemanscholar wrote:I feel like I'm in the dark here. How are y'all finding your book lists? Do you have to go to the bookstore in person to get the titles, then search for them online? I don't see them listed on Aces anywhere.


On the bookstore website you can search your books by section. So Law 110 06 will come up with the book list for that class.

mgschiet
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby mgschiet » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 pm

fredfred wrote:
gentlemanscholar wrote:I feel like I'm in the dark here. How are y'all finding your book lists? Do you have to go to the bookstore in person to get the titles, then search for them online? I don't see them listed on Aces anywhere.


On the bookstore website you can search your books by section. So Law 110 06 will come up with the book list for that class.

Log into aces, click on registration, click on bookbag, scroll to the bottom. Should have links to everything right there for you.

User avatar
gentlemanscholar
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby gentlemanscholar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:54 pm

mgschiet wrote:
fredfred wrote:
gentlemanscholar wrote:I feel like I'm in the dark here. How are y'all finding your book lists? Do you have to go to the bookstore in person to get the titles, then search for them online? I don't see them listed on Aces anywhere.


On the bookstore website you can search your books by section. So Law 110 06 will come up with the book list for that class.

Log into aces, click on registration, click on bookbag, scroll to the bottom. Should have links to everything right there for you.



Thanks pal

se627
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby se627 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:42 pm

fyi from a rising 2l who was at the law school today, the library often has a "free book" stand set up right near the entrance - it mostly has outdated editions of several books. i noticed today that there were many supplements for property, torts, etc. (emmanuel, e&e, and others). might not be the most current versions, but i would bet 99% of the law found in them has not changed. for you guys it might be worth a trip to snag a few ....

drarry93
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby drarry93 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:55 pm

So are all of you guys sticking to a button up and dress pants for business casual on Tuesday and the faculty reception on Thursday, or is anyone busting out a coat or tie?

User avatar
NoLieAbility
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby NoLieAbility » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:39 am

drarry93 wrote:So are all of you guys sticking to a button up and dress pants for business casual on Tuesday and the faculty reception on Thursday, or is anyone busting out a coat or tie?


No coat - too hot - and bring a tie. If everyone is wearing one at breakfast, cool. If you're the only one, fold it up and stick it in your pocket.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby Winston1984 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:27 pm

drarry93 wrote:So are all of you guys sticking to a button up and dress pants for business casual on Tuesday and the faculty reception on Thursday, or is anyone busting out a coat or tie?

This was my plan. Business casual = no tie.

Chill_Out
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby Chill_Out » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Has anyone received their grant/loan disbursement yet?.

User avatar
NoLieAbility
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: Duke Law c/o 2018

Postby NoLieAbility » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:16 am

Chill_Out wrote:Has anyone received their grant/loan disbursement yet?.


No, and I'm starting to get a little anxious.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest