UCLA Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
ub3r
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby ub3r » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Section 1+A. Contracts, Property, and Criminal Law.

9:00AM start Mon-Thurs, but time for lunch every day. Out at 3:00pm each day except Thursday. Only one class on Friday, 10:30-12. Sounds pretty good to me.

Time to order every single one of my books used online so I can save a few hundred bucks.

User avatar
still
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby still » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:29 pm

section 7 as well! forgot to mentio nthat

User avatar
mohdban
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:06 am

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby mohdban » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:41 pm

Section 3 :roll:

User avatar
still
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby still » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:21 pm

ub3r wrote:Section 1+A. Contracts, Property, and Criminal Law.

9:00AM start Mon-Thurs, but time for lunch every day. Out at 3:00pm each day except Thursday. Only one class on Friday, 10:30-12. Sounds pretty good to me.

Time to order every single one of my books used online so I can save a few hundred bucks.


jeebz those prices...

i havent bought a textbook in like 10 years.

surely everything is findable in pdf form across the internet but this isnt math class anymore and an actual book is probably much better for extended reading

what do you think about renting books? will we need civil procedures, etc for more than one semester?

ub3r
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby ub3r » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:09 pm

still wrote:
ub3r wrote:Section 1+A. Contracts, Property, and Criminal Law.

9:00AM start Mon-Thurs, but time for lunch every day. Out at 3:00pm each day except Thursday. Only one class on Friday, 10:30-12. Sounds pretty good to me.

Time to order every single one of my books used online so I can save a few hundred bucks.


jeebz those prices...

i havent bought a textbook in like 10 years.

surely everything is findable in pdf form across the internet but this isnt math class anymore and an actual book is probably much better for extended reading

what do you think about renting books? will we need civil procedures, etc for more than one semester?

I don't know the answer. A handful of 2L and 3L classes are advanced versions of 1L classes in some way, and I'd be upset if I eventually needed to review a passage that was in a book that I returned.

I'm just going with used copies that aren't too messed up (hopefully). Ended up costing about $400 for the first semester, though I probably could have saved a little more. If the new version was only $15-20 more, I went with that. Getting a new 6-month Amazon Prime trial with my new lawnet.ucla.edu address was nice though.

PS: on the booklist, some of the prices are exactly what you will find online, but some of them are much, much less. Only 1-2 of the ~$200 books were more than $130 online.

User avatar
minion2018
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 am

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby minion2018 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Anyone in Weyburn here yet and going to Barney's Beanery tonight?

User avatar
ckyo01
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:55 am

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby ckyo01 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:31 pm

.
Last edited by ckyo01 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby santoki » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:02 pm

hi class, is anyone here in section 1/2?

UCLA2018
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby UCLA2018 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:46 pm

santoki wrote:hi class, is anyone here in section 1/2?



Meeee

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby santoki » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:27 pm

UCLA2018 wrote:
santoki wrote:hi class, is anyone here in section 1/2?



Meeee

first post honors?

UCLA2018
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby UCLA2018 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:58 pm

santoki wrote:
UCLA2018 wrote:
santoki wrote:hi class, is anyone here in section 1/2?



Meeee

first post honors?


I am the champion of section 1/2 but more likely the only person on here except you.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby santoki » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 pm

UCLA2018 wrote:
santoki wrote:
UCLA2018 wrote:
santoki wrote:hi class, is anyone here in section 1/2?



Meeee

first post honors?


I am the champion of section 1/2 but more likely the only person on here except you.

champion eh? what region of bussel's classroom?

UCLA2018
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby UCLA2018 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:58 pm

santoki wrote:
UCLA2018 wrote:
santoki wrote:
UCLA2018 wrote:
santoki wrote:hi class, is anyone here in section 1/2?



Meeee

first post honors?


I am the champion of section 1/2 but more likely the only person on here except you.

champion eh? what region of bussel's classroom?



middle-isn, you? also more like the anti-hero because I just can't do law school

TomFord
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby TomFord » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Feel free to post this message in any Gould only message boards or listservs.

I'm a law student looking for a sublet during the summer months. I'd need it from mid-May until the end of July. Please PM me.

User avatar
Dream_weaver32
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: UCLA Class of 2018

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Might be looking for a sublet near UCLA mid may to mid july. If anyone knows of any leads, I would greatly appreciate it!




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest