Columbia Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Why did you choose Columbia?

Location
19
17%
Prestige/ranking
42
37%
Job prospects
28
25%
Professors and academics
7
6%
$$ The big fat Hamilton I got $$
17
15%
 
Total votes: 113

madhatter2020
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby madhatter2020 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:42 pm

checking in, ED admit. Also, curious about the blue box..."What's in the box!?". Hope somebody gets that.

User avatar
cc78
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby cc78 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Eladriel wrote:
cc78 wrote:Anybody else get their massive blue box of Columbia supplemental materials today? It's quite impressive (and heavy).


What's in the blue box? The velvet bound book?


No no...the blue box is an extra mailing I just got...I'll try to post a pic here, but if it doesn't work, just know its full of supplemental booklets and pamphlets discussing different programs, etc. at the law school.

Image

User avatar
LoganCouture
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby LoganCouture » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Also received a blue box today!! Still waiting on my acceptance letter though (short story version: mail issues), haha.

User avatar
hillz
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby hillz » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:37 pm

The blue box is huge! I didn't really understand what it was so I tugged on it the wrong way and all of the booklets went flying.

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 am

Checking in! I'll be at the March ASW!

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby Eladriel » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:04 pm

So pretty...
Last edited by Eladriel on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 pm

got my blue envelope yesterday, but no blue box yet. looks promising though. but what I really want is a nice scholarship offer in the mail.

et110
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby et110 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:47 pm

those who received the box... how long after the acceptance letter mailing did you get it??

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby Eladriel » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:48 pm

hereisonehand wrote:got my blue envelope yesterday, but no blue box yet. looks promising though. but what I really want is a nice scholarship offer in the mail.


Your priorities are all wrong. I want the velvet bound admitted students booklet.

musedreverie
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:01 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby musedreverie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:18 pm

So happy to be checking in!! :D and jealous of everyone who received the mail

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Hello! Just booked my flight so I'm definitely attending the March ASW! Hope to see some of you there!

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:33 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:Hello! Just booked my flight so I'm definitely attending the March ASW! Hope to see some of you there!


Also is anyone in here trying to do Columbia and NYU at once? I'm not really sure what do to about the overlapping day but I'm definitely not flying out to NYC twice.

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby Eladriel » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:28 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:Hello! Just booked my flight so I'm definitely attending the March ASW! Hope to see some of you there!


Also is anyone in here trying to do Columbia and NYU at once? I'm not really sure what do to about the overlapping day but I'm definitely not flying out to NYC twice.


I'm doing both as well. Haven't figured out what to do about the overlapping days though. Still, it's a good problem to have.

zaetoroftheprotoss
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby zaetoroftheprotoss » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Checking in!!

Still trying to figure out which days to visit as both pairs are during the work week X_X.

User avatar
everything_bagel
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby everything_bagel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:11 am

hereisonehand wrote:got my blue envelope yesterday, but no blue box yet. looks promising though. but what I really want is a nice scholarship offer in the mail.


+1

also, checking in

User avatar
try.honesty
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby try.honesty » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Got a "Not For Tourists Guide to New York City" book today. Nice touch! :o

User avatar
crookedjaws
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm

____________

Postby crookedjaws » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:21 pm

____________
Last edited by crookedjaws on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_scoundrel
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:49 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby the_scoundrel » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:51 pm

Checking in. Top choice so far, but the prospect of housing in Manhattan is giving me serious anxiety. I've got an SO and a dog, so a lot of the subsidized options are nonstarters. Anyone have a similar reaction/situation to making Columbia work?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:51 am

crookedjaws wrote:Checking in! I am so excited! This is definitely my top choice right now. But as others have said... we'll see where the financial aid takes me.


et110 wrote:those who received the box... how long after the acceptance letter mailing did you get it??



I got mine about 1.5 weeks after the acceptance letter email.


Two weeks later and while I received the admitted students handbook in the meanwhile, still no box... does CLS not love me?

hyl387
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby hyl387 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:23 am

try.honesty wrote:Got a "Not For Tourists Guide to New York City" book today. Nice touch! :o


wow, from CLS?

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby Eladriel » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:12 pm

the_scoundrel wrote:Checking in. Top choice so far, but the prospect of housing in Manhattan is giving me serious anxiety. I've got an SO and a dog, so a lot of the subsidized options are nonstarters. Anyone have a similar reaction/situation to making Columbia work?


+1

User avatar
try.honesty
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby try.honesty » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:30 pm

hyl387 wrote:
try.honesty wrote:Got a "Not For Tourists Guide to New York City" book today. Nice touch! :o


wow, from CLS?



Oh yeah, probably should've clarified that... Yes from Columbia!

User avatar
LetsGoMets
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby LetsGoMets » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Checking in, registered for the March 4-5 ASW. Looking forward to my prestigious swag deliveries.

TheoO
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby TheoO » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Hey guys. Hope to see you guys at AWS. I will be one of the 1Ls there. You'll want to come: awesome food and free alcohol. They had chefs making crepes last year, and the menu looks to be the same.

Atm, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

User avatar
LetsGoMets
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2018

Postby LetsGoMets » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:59 pm

TheoO wrote:Hey guys. Hope to see you guys at AWS. I will be one of the 1Ls there. You'll want to come: awesome food and free alcohol. They had chefs making crepes last year, and the menu looks to be the same.

Atm, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.


One great thing and one not so great thing about CLS, top of your head?




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest