Boston University Class of 2018 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
rion91

Silver

Re: Boston University Class of 2018

Post by rion91 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:49 pm

calawgrl wrote:
rion91 wrote:http://www.bu.edu/law/prospective/caree ... s2014.html

BU Law employment numbers looking very impressive!!
They did surprisingly well? I really hope it's not just a fluke temporary thing
Well, they were 40% biglaw during the boom years before the recession. So hopefully this is a return to the norm!!

JHP

Bronze

Post by JHP » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:46 am

rion91 wrote:How are you guys going to look for housing? I'm not from the area and hiring a realtor seems like a big hurdle
I know this is a late reply to you, but brokers and realtors are a real money suck unless you have a family and/or are willing to spend that much. For a grad student who will likely only be at that location for 1-3 years depending on how much you plan on moving and/or whether you plan on staying in the Boston market, I really don't think it's worth it.

Honestly, Craigslist is the best. Even if you use Zillow or Padmapper, they usually link to Craigslist anyways. It's not as sketch as Craigslist's reputation tends to be, and I've only ever found my housing that way.

Ask current Bostonians where they like to live, but I know the area and knowing the transport, try living on the green line that runs to BU because it'll be a headache if you live far away (especially in the winter).

lujanj7

New

Post by lujanj7 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:35 pm

For those of you who have received your need-based scholarship awards: did you receive them by email or snail mail? Patiently awaiting mine, but I feel as though they didn't bother to rush on mine since I sent in my deposit before the April 15 deadline. How should I be expecting its arrival?

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:00 pm

lujanj7 wrote:For those of you who have received your need-based scholarship awards: did you receive them by email or snail mail? Patiently awaiting mine, but I feel as though they didn't bother to rush on mine since I sent in my deposit before the April 15 deadline. How should I be expecting its arrival?
Did they want us to deposit before providing need based aid?

lujanj7

New

Post by lujanj7 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:00 pm

rion91 wrote:
lujanj7 wrote:For those of you who have received your need-based scholarship awards: did you receive them by email or snail mail? Patiently awaiting mine, but I feel as though they didn't bother to rush on mine since I sent in my deposit before the April 15 deadline. How should I be expecting its arrival?
Regardless, we would have had to deposit by the April 15 deadline. So I pretty much didn't have a choice. But to answer your question: no. They actually stated that they would be doing everything they could to get the need-based offers out before the deadline so people could deposit or not deposit based on their ability to pay after the need-based info came out. Fortunately for me, I was going to deposit anyway, but I am still awaiting word on that, so I'm wondering if I should expect an email or a letter in the mail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:19 pm

lujanj7 wrote:
rion91 wrote:
Regardless, we would have had to deposit by the April 15 deadline. So I pretty much didn't have a choice. But to answer your question: no. They actually stated that they would be doing everything they could to get the need-based offers out before the deadline so people could deposit or not deposit based on their ability to pay after the need-based info came out. Fortunately for me, I was going to deposit anyway, but I am still awaiting word on that, so I'm wondering if I should expect an email or a letter in the mail.
Yeah, you're right about the deposit date. Did you deposit well before the deadline?

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:13 pm

lujanj7 wrote:
rion91 wrote:
I got it last month by email.

lujanj7

New

Post by lujanj7 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:24 pm

dasani13 wrote:
lujanj7 wrote:
rion91 wrote:
I got it last month by email.
Just received need-based aid letter. I qualify for the maximum loan, but no actual funds to decrease the amount that will have to be financed. Did anyone receive actual money, rather than just qualifying for a Stafford loan? Sent another email regarding merit negotiations-- hoping that gets me somewhere.

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:06 pm

lujanj7 wrote:
Just received need-based aid letter. I qualify for the maximum loan, but no actual funds to decrease the amount that will have to be financed. Did anyone receive actual money, rather than just qualifying for a Stafford loan? Sent another email regarding merit negotiations-- hoping that gets me somewhere.
When did you submit needaccess form?

Also does anyone know approx class size yet??

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JHP

Bronze

Post by JHP » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:58 am

rion91 wrote:
lujanj7 wrote:

Judging from just the Facebook page, I'd say it's in the 240's (right now there's 248 people, and there are several current students on the page as well as people who probably haven't joined).

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:35 am

JHP wrote:
rion91 wrote:
lujanj7 wrote:

Judging from just the Facebook page, I'd say it's in the 240's (right now there's 248 people, and there are several current students on the page as well as people who probably haven't joined).
I hope not x.X... they'd be adding 30+ new students to a class compared to last year. That's a lot...

JHP

Bronze

Post by JHP » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:52 pm

rion91 wrote:
JHP wrote:
rion91 wrote:
lujanj7 wrote:

I hope not x.X... they'd be adding 30+ new students to a class compared to last year. That's a lot...
Yeah...it's big. I spoke to several current students when I went to an ASD and they mentioned that their classes were the biggest of the years when they were entering and it seems to be a continuing pattern.... I was not so pleased about the huge class size :/

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:34 pm

I thought they were on the downtrend. I can only hope it's smaller. Anyone hear need based aide yet??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ellewoods817

Bronze

Post by ellewoods817 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a 1L at UT and have Andrew Kull for property. He doesn't have any posted past exams or questions at UT, but I know that he taught at BU about 3-4 years ago. I was wondering if there was any way someone could search your databases to see if he had any posted exam questions.

I'm not sure if anyone still reads this thread, but any info about his prior exam questions would be greatly appreciated by our entire property class!

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:46 am

ellewoods817 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a 1L at UT and have Andrew Kull for property. He doesn't have any posted past exams or questions at UT, but I know that he taught at BU about 3-4 years ago. I was wondering if there was any way someone could search your databases to see if he had any posted exam questions.

I'm not sure if anyone still reads this thread, but any info about his prior exam questions would be greatly appreciated by our entire property class!
his exams/notes for Property are not published on the exam database and the ones for the other classes were "removed at professor's request" in 2014.

ellewoods817

Bronze

Post by ellewoods817 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:40 am

dasani13 wrote:
ellewoods817 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a 1L at UT and have Andrew Kull for property. He doesn't have any posted past exams or questions at UT, but I know that he taught at BU about 3-4 years ago. I was wondering if there was any way someone could search your databases to see if he had any posted exam questions.

his exams/notes for Property are not published on the exam database and the ones for the other classes were "removed at professor's request" in 2014.
Ahhh, of course he would! You're a saint for trying, thank you so much!

rion91

Silver

Post by rion91 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:57 am

Anyone else alive here? School treating you well? Open memo and career conference same weekend were a nightmare.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Tue May 10, 2016 10:45 am

WE FREE

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”