NYU c/o 2018 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much money did NYU offer you?

Named Scholly
10%
Full Ride (non named award)
1%
120-full
1%
100-119
4%
75-99
19%
50-74
20%
25-49
18%
0-24
1%
None or was not considered
12%
No notification yet
15%

Total votes: 136

twitterati

Bronze

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Post by twitterati » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Cerberus12 wrote:If anyone was wondering why its been taking to long to get your university/net IDs, contrary to all of the information on their website, admissions says it takes 7-10 days after your deposit has been processed (which also takes 7-10 days). So moral of the story is get your deposit in super early to make sure you have those before the housing application deadline (May 15th for priority). And this way you dont have to bug the crap out of the admissions office like I have been!
Ooh very helpful. Thanks!

myspiritanimal

New

Post by myspiritanimal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Can anyone shed some light on how long it typically takes to receive $ after one is accepted?

lnick93

Bronze

Post by lnick93 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:47 am

Just withdrew :(

Good luck to everyone ITT and I hope my (tiny amount of) $ goes to one of you!

w0w

Silver

Post by w0w » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:46 pm

So I submitted my appeal on the 31st and still haven't heard anything. There no real point to this post except to complain into the universe. I hope it comes soon!

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Just withdrew and put some $$ back on the table - good luck to everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AOT

Gold

Post by AOT » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Pretty sure I'm going to deposit soon! Just procrastinating on it because it's kind of scary knowing that you're at the end of the road.

I feel like last years NYU thread was much friendlier than this one. Can we try and get the post count up in here? I know there are at least a few NYU definites lurking in the shadows

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

to116

New

Post by to116 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:04 pm

just confirmed my spot today

Tr3

Silver

Post by Tr3 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Anyone from/around Denver ITT and for sure going to NYU? If so, pm me! Denver doesn't get all the cool meetups that law schools plan in major cities, but there has to be someone else headed to NYU!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

w0w

Silver

Post by w0w » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Just an FYI- I submitted my appeal on the appeals tab two weeks ago and the tab immediately disappeared. I never got an email or anything but assumed it had gone through. Haven't heard anything and I emailed NYU today and they said they did not have an appeal on file for me. You guys might want to check with them if it seems to be taking along time.

Cerberus12

New

Post by Cerberus12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Finally got my IDs today 24 days after submitting my deposit! Applied for housing.

Cerberus12

New

Post by Cerberus12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:53 pm

And so all of you can benefit from my neurosis rather than harassing the poor kind people in admissions/housing/finaid, If you were curious about loan applications there will be more information in mid to late June.

tonysoprano

Bronze

Post by tonysoprano » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Withdrew from everywhere today except HLS (WL) and CLS (held). Waiting for CLS response before depositing but, even with an a CLS acceptance, I'll probably end up depositing NYU because I love GV and I doubt CLS would give me any $

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

w0w

Silver

Post by w0w » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

Anyone know anything about bay ridge or sunset park?

tk17

Bronze

Post by tk17 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:52 pm

w0w wrote:Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

The D is a much better train to depend on than the R. Many fewer stops to NYU.

Just my opinion though.

I don't know a ton about bay ridge, but Sunset park is an affordable-for-NYC place to live. Less gentrified than Park Slope to the north east. People love Greenwood Cemetary. Great Mexican food (I think there's a lot of other good food around as well. I can only personally attest to the Mexican). Perhaps the rents are increasing a little faster than the neighborhood is gentrifying.

Those are my random, mostly unconnected thoughts. My friends who live there are happy.

w0w

Silver

Post by w0w » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:04 am

tk17 wrote:
w0w wrote:Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

Just my opinion though.

I don't know a ton about bay ridge, but Sunset park is an affordable-for-NYC place to live. Less gentrified than Park Slope to the north east. People love Greenwood Cemetary. Great Mexican food (I think there's a lot of other good food around as well. I can only personally attest to the Mexican). Perhaps the rents are increasing a little faster than the neighborhood is gentrifying.

Those are my random, mostly unconnected thoughts. My friends who live there are happy.
Thanks! We want a place that's a little less gentrified. When you say people love greenwood cemetery- can you expand on that? Not sure why there is to love about a cemetery.

tk17

Bronze

Post by tk17 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 am

w0w wrote:
tk17 wrote:

Just my opinion though.

Thanks! We want a place that's a little less gentrified. When you say people love greenwood cemetery- can you expand on that? Not sure why there is to love about a cemetery.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... _York.html

It's a big space that's not buildings and has grass and trees and tons of cool history. Just a pleasant place to take a stroll.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

w0w

Silver

Post by w0w » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:40 am

tk17 wrote:
w0w wrote:
tk17 wrote:

Just my opinion though.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... _York.html

It's a big space that's not buildings and has grass and trees and tons of cool history. Just a pleasant place to take a stroll.

Ah, got it. And it seems to be an attraction. That's cool.

AOT

Gold

Post by AOT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:51 am

tk17 wrote:

Just my opinion though.

Thanks for these tips! Deposited recently and am starting to think about places to live.

Will people most people here who are looking to live in non-NYU housing be living with SOs? If not, and you're looking for a roomie hit me up! No idea atm how I'm going to go about finding one. Hopefully I'll just be able to find a room in an apartment, but I'd much rather live with other law students

Four Winds

Bronze

Post by Four Winds » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:38 pm

I submitted a second appeal asking NYU to match what Columbia had offered, the appeal was granted and they gave me...$2500 less than Columbia. Guess they're trying to prevent me from using them as leverage to get a larger award out of Columbia lol.

strugglebus

Bronze

Post by strugglebus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Withdrew and freed up $$ recently; hope it helps someone!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Appeal denied. I love you, NYU, but I think it's time for us to part.

radio1nowhere

Bronze

Post by radio1nowhere » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm

strugglebus wrote:Withdrew and freed up $$ recently; hope it helps someone!
leslieknope wrote:I love you, NYU, but I think it's time for us to part.
Same here; really wanted $$$ but got $$ instead, and after a few months of wrestling with it have decided to withdraw from NYU. Have a wonderful time in the village, lovelies!

w0w

Silver

Post by w0w » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:39 am

Okay, I'm a little confused about the deadlines. I know the deposit deadline is the end of the month but there was also a financial aid deadline today. To get financial aid do we have to deposit by today or just accept the award? I accepted the award but don't want to miss the deposit deadline if it is today as well. I also don't want to deposit before my credit card statement comes out in a few days if I can help it.

qwertyTLS

Bronze

Post by qwertyTLS » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 am

ugh it sucks that the financial aid deadline is today.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”