NYU c/o 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much money did NYU offer you?

Named Scholly
13
10%
Full Ride (non named award)
1
1%
120-full
1
1%
100-119
5
4%
75-99
26
20%
50-74
27
20%
25-49
24
18%
0-24
1
1%
None or was not considered
16
12%
No notification yet
18
14%
 
Total votes: 132

User avatar
twitterati
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby twitterati » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Cerberus12 wrote:If anyone was wondering why its been taking to long to get your university/net IDs, contrary to all of the information on their website, admissions says it takes 7-10 days after your deposit has been processed (which also takes 7-10 days). So moral of the story is get your deposit in super early to make sure you have those before the housing application deadline (May 15th for priority). And this way you dont have to bug the crap out of the admissions office like I have been!


Ooh very helpful. Thanks!

myspiritanimal
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:29 am

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby myspiritanimal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Can anyone shed some light on how long it typically takes to receive $ after one is accepted?

User avatar
lnick93
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby lnick93 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:47 am

Just withdrew :(

Good luck to everyone ITT and I hope my (tiny amount of) $ goes to one of you!

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby w0w » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:46 pm

So I submitted my appeal on the 31st and still haven't heard anything. There no real point to this post except to complain into the universe. I hope it comes soon!

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Just withdrew and put some $$ back on the table - good luck to everyone!

User avatar
AOT
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby AOT » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Pretty sure I'm going to deposit soon! Just procrastinating on it because it's kind of scary knowing that you're at the end of the road.

I feel like last years NYU thread was much friendlier than this one. Can we try and get the post count up in here? I know there are at least a few NYU definites lurking in the shadows

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

to116
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby to116 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:04 pm

just confirmed my spot today

User avatar
Tr3
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby Tr3 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Anyone from/around Denver ITT and for sure going to NYU? If so, pm me! Denver doesn't get all the cool meetups that law schools plan in major cities, but there has to be someone else headed to NYU!

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby w0w » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Just an FYI- I submitted my appeal on the appeals tab two weeks ago and the tab immediately disappeared. I never got an email or anything but assumed it had gone through. Haven't heard anything and I emailed NYU today and they said they did not have an appeal on file for me. You guys might want to check with them if it seems to be taking along time.

User avatar
Cerberus12
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby Cerberus12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Finally got my IDs today 24 days after submitting my deposit! Applied for housing.

User avatar
Cerberus12
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby Cerberus12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:53 pm

And so all of you can benefit from my neurosis rather than harassing the poor kind people in admissions/housing/finaid, If you were curious about loan applications there will be more information in mid to late June.

User avatar
tonysoprano
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby tonysoprano » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Withdrew from everywhere today except HLS (WL) and CLS (held). Waiting for CLS response before depositing but, even with an a CLS acceptance, I'll probably end up depositing NYU because I love GV and I doubt CLS would give me any $

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby w0w » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

Anyone know anything about bay ridge or sunset park?

User avatar
tk17
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby tk17 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:52 pm

w0w wrote:Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

Anyone know anything about bay ridge or sunset park?


The D is a much better train to depend on than the R. Many fewer stops to NYU.

Just my opinion though.

I don't know a ton about bay ridge, but Sunset park is an affordable-for-NYC place to live. Less gentrified than Park Slope to the north east. People love Greenwood Cemetary. Great Mexican food (I think there's a lot of other good food around as well. I can only personally attest to the Mexican). Perhaps the rents are increasing a little faster than the neighborhood is gentrifying.

Those are my random, mostly unconnected thoughts. My friends who live there are happy.

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby w0w » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:04 am

tk17 wrote:
w0w wrote:Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

Anyone know anything about bay ridge or sunset park?


The D is a much better train to depend on than the R. Many fewer stops to NYU.

Just my opinion though.

I don't know a ton about bay ridge, but Sunset park is an affordable-for-NYC place to live. Less gentrified than Park Slope to the north east. People love Greenwood Cemetary. Great Mexican food (I think there's a lot of other good food around as well. I can only personally attest to the Mexican). Perhaps the rents are increasing a little faster than the neighborhood is gentrifying.

Those are my random, mostly unconnected thoughts. My friends who live there are happy.


Thanks! We want a place that's a little less gentrified. When you say people love greenwood cemetery- can you expand on that? Not sure why there is to love about a cemetery.

User avatar
tk17
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby tk17 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 am

w0w wrote:
tk17 wrote:
w0w wrote:Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

Anyone know anything about bay ridge or sunset park?


The D is a much better train to depend on than the R. Many fewer stops to NYU.

Just my opinion though.

I don't know a ton about bay ridge, but Sunset park is an affordable-for-NYC place to live. Less gentrified than Park Slope to the north east. People love Greenwood Cemetary. Great Mexican food (I think there's a lot of other good food around as well. I can only personally attest to the Mexican). Perhaps the rents are increasing a little faster than the neighborhood is gentrifying.

Those are my random, mostly unconnected thoughts. My friends who live there are happy.


Thanks! We want a place that's a little less gentrified. When you say people love greenwood cemetery- can you expand on that? Not sure why there is to love about a cemetery.


http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60827-d565061-Reviews-Green_Wood_Cemetery-Brooklyn_New_York.html

It's a big space that's not buildings and has grass and trees and tons of cool history. Just a pleasant place to take a stroll.

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby w0w » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:40 am

tk17 wrote:
w0w wrote:
tk17 wrote:
w0w wrote:Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

Anyone know anything about bay ridge or sunset park?


The D is a much better train to depend on than the R. Many fewer stops to NYU.

Just my opinion though.

I don't know a ton about bay ridge, but Sunset park is an affordable-for-NYC place to live. Less gentrified than Park Slope to the north east. People love Greenwood Cemetary. Great Mexican food (I think there's a lot of other good food around as well. I can only personally attest to the Mexican). Perhaps the rents are increasing a little faster than the neighborhood is gentrifying.

Those are my random, mostly unconnected thoughts. My friends who live there are happy.


Thanks! We want a place that's a little less gentrified. When you say people love greenwood cemetery- can you expand on that? Not sure why there is to love about a cemetery.


http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60827-d565061-Reviews-Green_Wood_Cemetery-Brooklyn_New_York.html

It's a big space that's not buildings and has grass and trees and tons of cool history. Just a pleasant place to take a stroll.



Ah, got it. And it seems to be an attraction. That's cool.

User avatar
AOT
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby AOT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:51 am

tk17 wrote:
w0w wrote:Got my appeal back (two days) and it was denied. Will be depositing anyway. Still riding the H wait list. But who even knows what will happen with that.

Anyone know anything about bay ridge or sunset park?


The D is a much better train to depend on than the R. Many fewer stops to NYU.

Just my opinion though.

I don't know a ton about bay ridge, but Sunset park is an affordable-for-NYC place to live. Less gentrified than Park Slope to the north east. People love Greenwood Cemetary. Great Mexican food (I think there's a lot of other good food around as well. I can only personally attest to the Mexican). Perhaps the rents are increasing a little faster than the neighborhood is gentrifying.

Those are my random, mostly unconnected thoughts. My friends who live there are happy.


Thanks for these tips! Deposited recently and am starting to think about places to live.

Will people most people here who are looking to live in non-NYU housing be living with SOs? If not, and you're looking for a roomie hit me up! No idea atm how I'm going to go about finding one. Hopefully I'll just be able to find a room in an apartment, but I'd much rather live with other law students

User avatar
Four Winds
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby Four Winds » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:38 pm

I submitted a second appeal asking NYU to match what Columbia had offered, the appeal was granted and they gave me...$2500 less than Columbia. Guess they're trying to prevent me from using them as leverage to get a larger award out of Columbia lol.

User avatar
strugglebus
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby strugglebus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Withdrew and freed up $$ recently; hope it helps someone!

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby leslieknope » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Appeal denied. I love you, NYU, but I think it's time for us to part.

User avatar
radio1nowhere
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby radio1nowhere » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm

strugglebus wrote:Withdrew and freed up $$ recently; hope it helps someone!


leslieknope wrote:I love you, NYU, but I think it's time for us to part.


Same here; really wanted $$$ but got $$ instead, and after a few months of wrestling with it have decided to withdraw from NYU. Have a wonderful time in the village, lovelies!

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby w0w » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:39 am

Okay, I'm a little confused about the deadlines. I know the deposit deadline is the end of the month but there was also a financial aid deadline today. To get financial aid do we have to deposit by today or just accept the award? I accepted the award but don't want to miss the deposit deadline if it is today as well. I also don't want to deposit before my credit card statement comes out in a few days if I can help it.

qwertyTLS
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 am

Re: NYU c/o 2018

Postby qwertyTLS » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 am

ugh it sucks that the financial aid deadline is today.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest