University of Illinois Class of 2018 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Which open house will you attend?

Friday, March 20
43%
Friday, April 3
27%
Undecided
No votes
Not attending an open house
30%

Total votes: 30

PublicInterest2018

New

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2018

Post by PublicInterest2018 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 am

I got in late yesterday as well, but I'm headed over in a few. I'll be in a dark gray v-neck, gray cardigan, and jeans. Please come introduce yourself if you see me.

pcph

Bronze

Post by pcph » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:40 pm

I have noooo idea if I met any of you guys today!

edited because i can
Last edited by pcph on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PublicInterest2018

New

Post by PublicInterest2018 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:34 pm

I'm going. I'll look for you.

Dream_weaver32

Silver

Post by Dream_weaver32 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Last edited by Dream_weaver32 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:50 pm

What did everyone think of ASD? Seemed fun. Kind of got boring with the Q&A sessions back to back to back but I really liked the school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:44 pm

KMart wrote:What did everyone think of ASD? Seemed fun. Kind of got boring with the Q&A sessions back to back to back but I really liked the school.
I liked it. Seems like a pretty fun town, we had a pretty good time downtown last night. It was nice to meet you Public interest and PCP. If anyone is still here I think Kameronk and I are going downtown again tonight.

pcph

Bronze

Post by pcph » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:46 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:
KMart wrote:What did everyone think of ASD? Seemed fun. Kind of got boring with the Q&A sessions back to back to back but I really liked the school.
I liked it. Seems like a pretty fun town, we had a pretty good time downtown last night. It was nice to meet you Public interest and PCP. If anyone is still here I think Kameronk and I are going downtown again tonight.
**************************pcpH thank you very much!!

Anyways, I thought the ASD was typical, nothing special. I did like that we were able to eat lunch with professors and current students in more of a chill setting. But i agree that downtown after wards was more fun.

@KMart I don't think I met you yesterday (at least matching your username with a face)!

KamronK

Bronze

Post by KamronK » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:54 pm

It's going to be PCP for the next 3 years, sorry.

ASD definitely got a bit boring, but they provided good information. I'm used to a bigger downtown area, but Champaign is a cool town. Looking forward to going out again tonight.

TLawannabe

New

Post by TLawannabe » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:37 am

For those who went to ASD this past weekend, did you guys take pics that you wouldnt mind sharing?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PublicInterest2018

New

Post by PublicInterest2018 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:51 am

I didn't take any pics. Sorry!

pcph

Bronze

Post by pcph » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:54 am

Sorry, I didn't take any pics either.

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:58 pm

pcph wrote:Sorry, I didn't take any pics either.

bugsy33

Bronze

Post by bugsy33 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:35 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:
I think I was one of your tour guides. I was kinda pissed at how big they made our groups. It's tough to really meet you guys and give you the scoop when there's 20 people in a group. When I did ASDs at other schools the biggest group was like 5-6 people, which was much, much better. Illinois really needs to step up the recruiting game. Ya'll looked bored out of your minds and I don't blame ya. When Dean V said Illinois was great because there aren't many distractions I almost died. The last thing you want to tell people about your school that's in the middle of nowhere is that there's "no distractions." For the record, there's plenty of "distractions" here. Many of the 1Ls (inc. me) go out 2-4 times a week. Trivia night, whisky night, bar review, and just regular Saturday night partying would be an average week here until about a month before finals. There are a ton of awesome shows that come through Canopy Club almost every week, plus B1G sports.

Illinois's value comes from the people here. They are awesome, and I hope that translated for ya'll on ASD. It's probably as close as you can get to a family environment in law school. I consider it to be the biggest difference between here and places like ND and WashU.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

KamronK

Bronze

Post by KamronK » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:54 pm

I definitely had a good time afterwards. I can see that Champaign has a lot to offer, even though it is smaller than I'm used to.

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:49 pm

bugsy33 wrote:
WichitaShocker wrote:
I think I was one of your tour guides. I was kinda pissed at how big they made our groups. It's tough to really meet you guys and give you the scoop when there's 20 people in a group. When I did ASDs at other schools the biggest group was like 5-6 people, which was much, much better. Illinois really needs to step up the recruiting game. Ya'll looked bored out of your minds and I don't blame ya. When Dean V said Illinois was great because there aren't many distractions I almost died. The last thing you want to tell people about your school that's in the middle of nowhere is that there's "no distractions." For the record, there's plenty of "distractions" here. Many of the 1Ls (inc. me) go out 2-4 times a week. Trivia night, whisky night, bar review, and just regular Saturday night partying would be an average week here until about a month before finals. There are a ton of awesome shows that come through Canopy Club almost every week, plus B1G sports.

Illinois's value comes from the people here. They are awesome, and I hope that translated for ya'll on ASD. It's probably as close as you can get to a family environment in law school. I consider it to be the biggest difference between here and places like ND and WashU.
Were you out and about downtown Friday night after ASD?

bugsy33

Bronze

Post by bugsy33 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:28 pm

WichitaShocker wrote: Were you out and about downtown Friday night after ASD?
Negative, I went up to Chicago right after class. Kinda sucks that they had ASD right before spring break, otherwise I'm sure there would've been a ton of people out. I was the tall tour guide if that helps, and I'm guessing you were the guy with the WSU pin lol.

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:02 pm

bugsy33 wrote:
WichitaShocker wrote: Were you out and about downtown Friday night after ASD?
Negative, I went up to Chicago right after class. Kinda sucks that they had ASD right before spring break, otherwise I'm sure there would've been a ton of people out. I was the tall tour guide if that helps, and I'm guessing you were the guy with the WSU pin lol.
Haha indeed I was. We were playing Indiana Friday, so of course I had to represent.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pcph

Bronze

Post by pcph » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm

bugsy33 wrote:
WichitaShocker wrote:

Thanks for this info! I agree, the tour groups were too big. But I enjoyed the tour. Don't know if I met you but all of the admitted students I talked to seemed super cool and that they enjoy the school!

Ms4life

New

Post by Ms4life » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:16 pm

I think I met one or two of you at ASD. I wish there was a more evident way for all of us to have met, but it was still a good ASD regardless. The 1L tourguide that I had a chance to speak with briefly was really cool and answered all my questions in regards to the actual life of a 1L at U of I. Btw, has a FB page been created for the 2018 class?

pcph

Bronze

Post by pcph » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Ms4life wrote:I think I met one or two of you at ASD. I wish there was a more evident way for all of us to have met, but it was still a good ASD regardless.
Right, I didn't want to go up to every person and be like "are you on TLS????"

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:59 pm

pcph wrote:Right, I didn't want to go up to every person and be like "are you on TLS????"
It was a shame because I really wanted to meet some of you. To my knowledge I did not.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bugsy33

Bronze

Post by bugsy33 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:27 pm

KMart wrote:
pcph wrote:Right, I didn't want to go up to every person and be like "are you on TLS????"
It was a shame because I really wanted to meet some of you. To my knowledge I did not.
Don't worry we'll meet you in the fall! 8)

Iwanttolawschool

Bronze

Post by Iwanttolawschool » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Going to the ASW this weekend. Will be there Thursday-Saturday. PM me if anyone wants to get together and go for some drinks on Thursday night.

sprinky07

New

Post by sprinky07 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Anyone looked at housing yet?

pcph

Bronze

Post by pcph » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:52 pm

sprinky07 wrote:Anyone looked at housing yet?
Me and a couple others visited the Village... I personally didn't like it (it's furnished, I have all my furniture; too expensive for a one bedroom; etc) but you might. It has a shuttle that takes you right to the law school, so that's a plus!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”