Texas Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Are you going to UT?

Definitely attending
23
74%
Most likely attending
4
13%
Only attending with an increase in scholarship
0
No votes
Probably not attending
0
No votes
Using UT as scholarship leverage
0
No votes
Not sure if attending law school this cycle
4
13%
 
Total votes: 31

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:49 am

ChemEng1642 wrote:so...what's the plan for the noon segway group?

Dang, idk if I'm gonna be able to grab lunch anymore. Sitting in on an MBA course that goes till 11 and then was gonna get a tour of biz school after. That's gonna be tight.

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:58 am

IsThisForReal wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:so...what's the plan for the noon segway group?

Dang, idk if I'm gonna be able to grab lunch anymore. Sitting in on an MBA course that goes till 11 and then was gonna get a tour of biz school after. That's gonna be tight.


Does it make sense to do a late lunch instead? We'll have a gap between 1:30 and 3 when the tour starts...

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:03 am

ChemEng1642 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:so...what's the plan for the noon segway group?

Dang, idk if I'm gonna be able to grab lunch anymore. Sitting in on an MBA course that goes till 11 and then was gonna get a tour of biz school after. That's gonna be tight.


Does it make sense to do a late lunch instead? We'll have a gap between 1:30 and 3 when the tour starts...

Yeah, that would be great!

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:30 am

Lawgirl101 wrote:does anyone know what the dress is for ASD?

I don't think theres really a set dress code and I didn't see anything that would require biz.

I'm going with like nice casual.

User avatar
ellewoods817
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ellewoods817 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 am

Lawgirl101 wrote:does anyone know what the dress is for ASD?

I'm planning on jeans and a nice top, both days!

absolutely1
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby absolutely1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:48 am

Does anyone know if there will be parking provided at the ASW or what the best place to park will be?

User avatar
BrazilBandit
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby BrazilBandit » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:53 am

Dean Ingram just posted on FB:

Thursday is casual (will be rocking the Cornell law shirt for more scholly money JK)
Friday is Business Casual

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:26 pm

absolutely1 wrote:Does anyone know if there will be parking provided at the ASW or what the best place to park will be?


Also interested in this

User avatar
MtnGinger
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:30 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby MtnGinger » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Are we meeting at the law school for the Segway tours or somewhere else I can't find anywhere this is mentioned.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:52 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
absolutely1 wrote:Does anyone know if there will be parking provided at the ASW or what the best place to park will be?


Also interested in this



Dean Ingram wrote:No, regretfully it will not be provided. There is garage parking next to the law school, the San Jacinto Garage, that will run you approximately $18. There is more affordable public parking on Dean Keeton that you will need to back into that has a five-hour limit.

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:10 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
Dean Ingram wrote:No, regretfully it will not be provided. There is garage parking next to the law school, the San Jacinto Garage, that will run you approximately $18. There is more affordable public parking on Dean Keeton that you will need to back into that has a five-hour limit.


Arghh

There is a garage here called "Premium Parking" that's apparently $4/24 hours

https://www.premiumparking.com/P3002

Image

Anything seem wrong with that/people that are from there think that will be a problem?

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:45 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:Arghh

There is a garage here called "Premium Parking" that's apparently $4/24 hours

Anything seem wrong with that/people that are from there think that will be a problem?

Premium Parking is the name of the company. They contract with lot owners and its a way to help fill lots. It's available at lots all over the country, so I would assume it's reputable. Also should allow you to "reserve" a spot I think.

MtnGinger wrote:Are we meeting at the law school for the Segway tours or somewhere else I can't find anywhere this is mentioned.

Did you get the email?

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2944
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby cannibal ox » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:06 pm

I've always found a spot to park on Dean Keeton on days that I've driven my car, and it's only $1 per hour.

User avatar
ellewoods817
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ellewoods817 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:08 pm

I just got the e-mail about the meeting place for the segway tour, is everyone planning on taking the shuttle from the law school? And how does this affect our lunch plans for the noon crew?

We are excited that you have decided to take the Segway Tour of Austin this Thursday!
The tour will begin at SegCity (1718 Lavaca Street). Please meet at 1718 Lavaca Street 15 minutes before the tour begins. If you need transportation, we have a shuttle available to take participants to and from the Law School. Please RSVP in advance to reserve a spot on the shuttle by e-mailing sriley@law.utexas.edu. Shuttle participants will meet in the Susman Godfrey Atrium 1 hour before the tour begins.

If you must cancel the Segway tour, please e-mail sriley@law.utexas.edu ASAP.
Finally, complete the attached waiver forms–one for SegCity and one for The University of Texas at Austin–and bring them with you on Thursday. The waivers are required before you depart.

Please note: Dress casually, wear flat comfortable shoes, dress for the weather, wear sunscreen, and no alcoholic beverages. There is a small bag attached to the Segways for small items only such as water. SegCity will have bottled water available for purchase.

hearsay77
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby hearsay77 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Just received a scholarship after being accepted in January and being totally sure I was not getting one. Guess this puts Texas back on my list of schools I'm still considering!

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:01 pm

ellewoods817 wrote:I just got the e-mail about the meeting place for the segway tour, is everyone planning on taking the shuttle from the law school? And how does this affect our lunch plans for the noon crew?

No on the shuttle. Ill be at the biz school, which is really close to the segway place.

ChemEng1642 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:so...what's the plan for the noon segway group?

Dang, idk if I'm gonna be able to grab lunch anymore. Sitting in on an MBA course that goes till 11 and then was gonna get a tour of biz school after. That's gonna be tight.


Does it make sense to do a late lunch instead? We'll have a gap between 1:30 and 3 when the tour starts...

bizzy531
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby bizzy531 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:02 pm

ellewoods817 wrote:I just got the e-mail about the meeting place for the segway tour, is everyone planning on taking the shuttle from the law school? And how does this affect our lunch plans for the noon crew?


I plan on using the shuttle, because I scheduled my fin aid appointment for just before.

User avatar
ellewoods817
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ellewoods817 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:18 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:so...what's the plan for the noon segway group?

Dang, idk if I'm gonna be able to grab lunch anymore. Sitting in on an MBA course that goes till 11 and then was gonna get a tour of biz school after. That's gonna be tight.


Does it make sense to do a late lunch instead? We'll have a gap between 1:30 and 3 when the tour starts...

Yeah, that would be great!


I'm in for the late lunch!

User avatar
ellewoods817
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ellewoods817 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:19 pm

bizzy531 wrote:
ellewoods817 wrote:I just got the e-mail about the meeting place for the segway tour, is everyone planning on taking the shuttle from the law school? And how does this affect our lunch plans for the noon crew?


I plan on using the shuttle, because I scheduled my fin aid appointment for just before.


Good deal, I'm planning on taking it also!

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:34 pm

ellewoods817 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
Does it make sense to do a late lunch instead? We'll have a gap between 1:30 and 3 when the tour starts...

Yeah, that would be great!


I'm in for the late lunch!


El Sapo is 1.4 miles from SegCity and 0.7 from the law school. How do we wanna handle that?
If we take the shuttle back to the law school and then walk, we need to make sure everyone rsvps for the shuttle. I'm up for the walk though. Or should we just go with something different?

Itstatertot
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby Itstatertot » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Any plans for the 2 PM Segway tour?

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5717
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby BVest » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:16 pm

lawschool1741 wrote:
Attax wrote:Mueller is hot right now. I know I plan to move there next year. It is a great place, from my experience with it.

Is Mueller a exception to the East Side hate?


Yes. The reason for the exception is that Mueller residents aren't displacing anyone, as it's a community entirely built on the grounds of the old airport. (Also they're a bit north from the gentrification of eastside and include some buffers like the old neighborhoods on the south side of the airport that have changed little and the golf course.)

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:08 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
ellewoods817 wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
Does it make sense to do a late lunch instead? We'll have a gap between 1:30 and 3 when the tour starts...

Yeah, that would be great!


I'm in for the late lunch!


El Sapo is 1.4 miles from SegCity and 0.7 from the law school. How do we wanna handle that?
If we take the shuttle back to the law school and then walk, we need to make sure everyone rsvps for the shuttle. I'm up for the walk though. Or should we just go with something different?


Err I'm a lazy human being so I'm probably going to street park near the segway place and then street park/Premium Park between El Sapo and the law school and we can walk from there. If there are 5 or fewer people going to lunch they can hop in my car! So basically ya'll would have to shuttle there but then you could come back in the car with me.

Still walking but a bit less.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:13 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
Err I'm a lazy human being so I'm probably going to street park near the segway place and then street park/Premium Park between El Sapo and the law school and we can walk from there. If there are 5 or fewer people going to lunch they can hop in my car! So basically ya'll would have to shuttle there but then you could come back in the car with me.

Still walking but a bit less.

Oh, that would be great! I'm gonna be car-less so I didn't even think about that being a possibility for some.

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2018

Postby ChemEng1642 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:17 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
Err I'm a lazy human being so I'm probably going to street park near the segway place and then street park/Premium Park between El Sapo and the law school and we can walk from there. If there are 5 or fewer people going to lunch they can hop in my car! So basically ya'll would have to shuttle there but then you could come back in the car with me.

Still walking but a bit less.

Oh, that would be great! I'm gonna be car-less so I didn't even think about that being a possibility for some.


Also on a completely unrelated note - why do they want you to take the shuttle ONE HOUR earlier than the tour if it's only 1.4 miles away??




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest