Page 26 of 43

Re: Cornell Class of 2018 (Now with $$$$)

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 pm
by Alhe5015
usn26 wrote:
TheatreofDreams1 wrote:Not a make or break decision, but do people at Cornell Law School play FIFA?


If I end up there, yes.

And how is that not make or break?



+1

Re: Cornell Class of 2018 (Now with $$$$)

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:44 pm
by CFC1524
Alhe5015 wrote:
usn26 wrote:
TheatreofDreams1 wrote:Not a make or break decision, but do people at Cornell Law School play FIFA?


If I end up there, yes.

And how is that not make or break?



+1


I have such a love-hate relationship with that game; it's terribly made, and I hate so many things about the gameplay, but I just can't get myself to stop playing. It's a serious problem haha.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018 (Now with $$$$)

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm
by Yeezus
CFC1524 wrote:
Alhe5015 wrote:
usn26 wrote:
TheatreofDreams1 wrote:Not a make or break decision, but do people at Cornell Law School play FIFA?


If I end up there, yes.

And how is that not make or break?



+1


I have such a love-hate relationship with that game; it's terribly made, and I hate so many things about the gameplay, but I just can't get myself to stop playing. It's a serious problem haha.


I used play a ton and thought I was pretty good, before I played a guy who absolutely humiliated me :lol: . Haven't bought a FIFA game since. Madden though, is another story. I feel like I can take 99% of people I come across.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018 (Now with $$$$)

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:49 pm
by dustybottoms7
enough of the chit chat... who wants to pony up to some nba 2k?? 8)

Re: Cornell Class of 2018 (Now with $$$$)

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:56 pm
by Yeezus
dustybottoms7 wrote:enough of the chit chat... who wants to pony up to some nba 2k?? 8)


As long as you're not one of the assholes who always pick the Cavs or Warriors.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018 (Now with $$$$)

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:01 pm
by hairbear7
Now we're talking

Re: Cornell Class of 2018 (Now with $$$$)

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:11 pm
by altf4
Hi everyone, sorry to interrupt the FIFA talk, but I finally got a Hughes assignment. I was just wondering about a few things.. like, is there some sort of a layout available to see how big the suite is (how many occupants), or figure out who my roommates will be, or where the room is, before accepting the contract? Or can I see all/any of that after I accept? I have a room # of course but don't know what to do with this information...

Re: Cornell Class of 2018 (Now with $$$$)

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 pm
by Lavitz
altf4 wrote:Hi everyone, sorry to interrupt the FIFA talk, but I finally got a Hughes assignment. I was just wondering about a few things.. like, is there some sort of a layout available to see how big the suite is (how many occupants), or figure out who my roommates will be, or where the room is, before accepting the contract? Or can I see all/any of that after I accept? I have a room # of course but don't know what to do with this information...

I remember that info showing up in the contract sometime in June. If you call or e-mail the person who sent you the housing contract e-mail, they can probably tell you.

Or you can PM me the room number and hope I recognize it.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 am
by lfr2018
Looking for a roommate -

2 bed 1 bath on the commons
-next to the bus stop
-furnished
-includes heat, water, and internet
-I will have a car so you'll have access to that too
-$700/month
-I'm a guy

PM if interested

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:34 pm
by betty_bojangles
Has anyone lived at/know anyone who lives in the 703 East Street apartments? CTT people are telling me it is mostly undergrads and I'm wondering if it would be a livable environment.

P.S. I am also looking for potential roommates and am interested in finding a 2-3 bedroom apartment either close to the law school or in CTT. PM me if interested! (I am female).

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 pm
by Yea All Right
betty_bojangles wrote:Has anyone lived at/know anyone who lives in the 703 East Street apartments? CTT people are telling me it is mostly undergrads and I'm wondering if it would be a livable environment.


I know that at least 2-3 1Ls live in that set of buildings.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:37 am
by TheatreofDreams1
This may have been answered by previous posters/threads, but what is the parking situation up at Cornell? Are there any affordable options?

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:20 am
by usn26
Does anyone live way off in the hinterlands? I used to live in Slaterville and I'm wondering if I should hit up my old landlord to see if he has similar places. Quiet 1BR with all utilities for $750 might be worth a 15-20min drive IMO.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:02 pm
by Yeezus
So pretty

Image

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm
by Lavitz
TheatreofDreams1 wrote:This may have been answered by previous posters/threads, but what is the parking situation up at Cornell? Are there any affordable options?

You mean if you live far away and are driving to school? Well, you can park on the street somewhere down the hill, likely on Buffalo, and walk up. But it's pretty far, and would only be worth it if you live >15 minutes away, since it'll be a 5-10 minute walk. There's some metered parking halfway down the hill which is closer.

You can buy a permit for like $750, but that won't get you into the lots behind the law school. Those are reserved for faculty and staff, and there's still not enough room for them; I've seen a professor have to use the metered parking down the hill. The permit will get you into a lot that's on central campus at least a 5 minute walk away. I'm not sure if you can use that lot without a permit and just pay for daily use, but maybe.

I think there's some expensive parking garage in collegetown I don't know much about.

If you live in Hughes, the permit is the $750 for a spot in one of the lots down the hill a bit near the metered parking.

That's all I know.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:30 pm
by toothbrush
Lavitz wrote:I think there's some expensive parking garage in collegetown I don't know much about.


IIRC it's $1/hour so pretty reasonable actually and always tons of spots.

After 5pm the lot behind the school is open (and weekends) so if you want to drive in today study at night, that is usually not a huge problem - but sometimes you have to circle.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:36 pm
by Lavitz
toothbrush wrote:IIRC it's $1/hour so pretty reasonable actually and always tons of spots.

Yeah, I was going off some Yelp comment. That sounds pretty good.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:05 pm
by runthetrap1990
Yeezus wrote:So pretty



I took a look at 2011 vs. 2014. It's crazy how things have changed in 3 years...

Encouraging numbers though, for sure.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:07 pm
by Yeezus
Is there anyone who still hasn't heard back about negotiation after ~3 weeks? I keep getting told that the committee has seen my request. Any reason it would take this long?

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:21 pm
by altf4
Yeezus wrote:Is there anyone who still hasn't heard back about negotiation after ~3 weeks? I keep getting told that the committee has seen my request. Any reason it would take this long?


I'd want to stay optimistic! Maybe they are figuring out who deposited and who didn't, and how much money was freed up to see how much of a bump they could afford to give you :D

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 pm
by zhenders
altf4 wrote:
Yeezus wrote:Is there anyone who still hasn't heard back about negotiation after ~3 weeks? I keep getting told that the committee has seen my request. Any reason it would take this long?


I'd want to stay optimistic! Maybe they are figuring out who deposited and who didn't, and how much money was freed up to see how much of a bump they could afford to give you :D


I agree that this seems very likely. In addition, if the committee has seen your request and you haven't received a rejection at this point, that suggests that at the least, the possibility of a bump is still very much on the table.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:29 am
by toothbrush
Pretty neat video for you guys to watch to get excited about Cornell. The drone aerial shots are stunning.

http://150.cornell.edu/glorioustoview/

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:41 am
by zhenders
toothbrush wrote:Pretty neat video for you guys to watch to get excited about Cornell. The drone aerial shots are stunning.

http://150.cornell.edu/glorioustoview/


Thanks for this! I've been poking around allowing myself to get psyched as well; great video. +1 about the drone shots -- the resolution on that camera is just crazy; the video is worth watching even if only for the first 15 seconds heh.

ETA: Damn, I'm excited to be back in school.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:05 am
by lawstudent123xyz
.

Re: Cornell Class of 2018

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:56 pm
by hodzdoh
Yeezus wrote:So pretty


this picture is so refreshing. lol.. Cornell has just been making gains every year!