Harvard Law School Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Where are you in the decision process?

I'll be at HLS next fall!
90
66%
Still waiting to hear from another school....
4
3%
Still waiting to hear about financial aid :(
7
5%
Absolutely unsure
7
5%
Already withdrew from HLS
28
21%
 
Total votes: 136

User avatar
bookworm381
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby bookworm381 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:54 am

blueberrycrumble wrote:
ValeVale wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
fozzie wrote:FYI I can see my section # and fall classes on MyHLS. But I don't see any information about professors or times (and I can't seem to find it elsewhere).

Ah, I have it. Give me about an hour until lunchtime to put it out.


Thanks! Section 5 over here


Hi! Also Section 5 :D

Let's please get a poll going like last year's thread?

Also, for my fellow Section 5 people, here is our fall schedule, as far as I know:
Contracts w/ Richman - M/T/W 3:20PM-4:40PM
Property w/ Glendon - Th/Fri 9:50AM-11:50AM
Torts w/ Lazarus - W/Th 1:00PM-3:00PM
Civ Pro w/ Rubenstein - M/T/W 10:20AM-11:40AM

LRW - No info posted yet


Were the class times/professors published on your canvas pg, or did you do research to find out?

ValeVale
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby ValeVale » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:55 am

blueberrycrumble wrote:
ValeVale wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
fozzie wrote:FYI I can see my section # and fall classes on MyHLS. But I don't see any information about professors or times (and I can't seem to find it elsewhere).

Ah, I have it. Give me about an hour until lunchtime to put it out.


Thanks! Section 5 over here


Hi! Also Section 5 :D

Let's please get a poll going like last year's thread?

Also, for my fellow Section 5 people, here is our fall schedule, as far as I know:
Contracts w/ Richman - M/T/W 3:20PM-4:40PM
Property w/ Glendon - Th/Fri 9:50AM-11:50AM
Torts w/ Lazarus - W/Th 1:00PM-3:00PM
Civ Pro w/ Rubenstein - M/T/W 10:20AM-11:40AM
LRW - No info posted yet



Awesome! s.
Last edited by ValeVale on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
foxes
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby foxes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:57 am

TripTrip wrote:
fozzie wrote:FYI I can see my section # and fall classes on MyHLS. But I don't see any information about professors or times (and I can't seem to find it elsewhere).

Ah, I have it. Give me about an hour until lunchtime to put it out.

ty so much :D

js1663
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby js1663 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:02 pm

.
Last edited by js1663 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby leslieknope » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:08 pm

7 here as well! :) The only class I can figure out is that we have Rakoff for Legislation from 8:20-9:40, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

User avatar
lrrdrll
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby lrrdrll » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:12 pm

Section 3 here

User avatar
bookworm381
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby bookworm381 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:20 pm

Here's what (I think) I've figured out for section 2:

Classes:

Criminal Law with King 3:20-4:40 W, Th, F
Torts ??? (not Sargentich, Hanson, Klass, or Lazarus)
Civil Procedure with Greiner on Th, F from 9:50-11:50
Contracts with Okediji on M, T from 8:10-10:10
LRW days/times to be determined

So our day to day schedule:
Monday:
8:10-10:10 Contracts


Tuesday
8:10-10:10 Contracts


Wednesday
3:20-4:40 Criminal law


Thursday
9:50-11:50 CivProd
3:20-4:40 Criminal law

Friday
9:50-11:50 Civ Prod
3:20-4:40 Criminal Law


Edit: using blueberry crumble's hack
Last edited by bookworm381 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blueberrycrumble
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:07 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby blueberrycrumble » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:21 pm

js1663 wrote:
bookworm381 wrote:
blueberrycrumble wrote:
ValeVale wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
fozzie wrote:FYI I can see my section # and fall classes on MyHLS. But I don't see any information about professors or times (and I can't seem to find it elsewhere).

Ah, I have it. Give me about an hour until lunchtime to put it out.


Thanks! Section 5 over here


Hi! Also Section 5 :D

Let's please get a poll going like last year's thread?

Also, for my fellow Section 5 people, here is our fall schedule, as far as I know:
Contracts w/ Richman - M/T/W 3:20PM-4:40PM
Property w/ Glendon - Th/Fri 9:50AM-11:50AM
Torts w/ Lazarus - W/Th 1:00PM-3:00PM
Civ Pro w/ Rubenstein - M/T/W 10:20AM-11:40AM

LRW - No info posted yet


Were the class times/professors published on your canvas pg, or did you do research to find out?


Same question - I see my courses on Canvas but no professors or times listed. Where can I find all that info?


:shock: Revealing my internet stalking here lol but...

You can see which prof is assigned to which section on the textbooks website

Then go to the Course Catalog, look up that course, search for your prof, reveals the date/times
Except LRW which is not on the Course Catalog yet.

But there really is no reason to do this since I'm sure schedules will be out very shortly anyway....

User avatar
simplyorange
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby simplyorange » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:21 pm

leslieknope wrote:7 here as well! :) The only class I can figure out is that we have Rakoff for Legislation from 8:20-9:40, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.


I'm in 7 too! I'm not seeing Legislation but it looks like we have Contracts W, Th from 1-3.

User avatar
foxes
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby foxes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:24 pm

blueberrycrumble wrote: :shock: Revealing my internet stalking here lol but...

You can see which prof is assigned to which section on the textbooks website

Then go to the Course Catalog, look up that course, search for your prof, reveals the date/times
Except LRW which is not on the Course Catalog yet.

But there really is no reason to do this since I'm sure schedules will be out very shortly anyway....


clever :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Kluge
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:48 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby Kluge » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:41 pm

If anyone from 6 is curious, we have:

Lahav for CivPro
Tadros for Crim
Hanson for Torts
Frug for Contracts

Any lurking current students have any insights on them?

Think Tadros is visiting from an English university and Lahav might be new, seems like she recently taught at UConn. I had Frug for a class I sat in on during ASW and he seemed like a good professor.

Elyane
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:48 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby Elyane » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:45 pm

I'm pretty sure this is the schedule for section 2 people:

Contracts: 8:10-10:10am M Tu, Ruth Okediji, WCC 1019
Civil Procedure: 9:50-11:50am Th F, James Greiner, Aus 101
Criminal Law: 1:20-2:40 W Th F, Nancy King, WWC 2012
Torts: 3:20-4:40 M Tu W, Lewis Sargentich, PND 101

LRW is in the catalog for both 3:15-5:15 Thursday and 5:00-7:00 Monday. Do we have it twice a week?

User avatar
ms2014
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby ms2014 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Kluge wrote:If anyone from 6 is curious, we have:

Lahav for CivPro
Tadros for Crim
Hanson for Torts
Frug for Contracts

Any lurking current students have any insights on them?

Think Tadros is visiting from an English university and Lahav might be new, seems like she recently taught at UConn. I had Frug for a class I sat in on during ASW and he seemed like a good professor.


Courses for Section 6 with times:

Contracts with Frug - MTW 10:20-11:40
Crim with Tadros - MT 8:10-10:10
Torts with Hanson - WThF 1:15-2:45
CivPro with Lahav - ThF 9:50-11:50

The course evaluations for Hanson seemed pretty strong when I was looking at them, but the ones for Frug seemed a bit inconsistent over the past few years that he's taught the course. It looked like Tadros and Lahav were both visiting professors. Any insight from lurking current students would be greatly appreciated!

User avatar
bookworm381
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby bookworm381 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Elyane wrote:I'm pretty sure this is the schedule for section 2 people:

Contracts: 8:10-10:10am M Tu, Ruth Okediji, WCC 1019
Civil Procedure: 9:50-11:50am Th F, James Greiner, Aus 101
Criminal Law: 1:20-2:40 W Th F, Nancy King, WWC 2012
Torts: 3:20-4:40 M Tu W, Lewis Sargentich, PND 101

LRW is in the catalog for both 3:15-5:15 Thursday and 5:00-7:00 Monday. Do we have it twice a week?


Yes! Just realized my mistake--I thought crim law was 3:20-4:40. Thanks Elyane!

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby TripTrip » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Schedules, reviews, and books. (And shortly outlines.)

Section 1

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4

Section 5

Section 6

Section 7

User avatar
foxes
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby foxes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:58 pm

TripTrip wrote:Schedules, reviews, and books. (And shortly outlines.)


thank you so much! :D :D :D

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:14 pm

wonka wrote:also, 8:10am classes. whyyyyy.


This

This

This

cheesin23
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby cheesin23 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:16 pm

You can figure out who your Climenko fellow is going here (http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/climenko-fe ... o-fellows/), clicking learn more under each Fellow, and clicking the courses tab to see which section they have.

I'm in 7A and I'm pretty sure we have Tobin.

ValeVale
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby ValeVale » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:19 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
wonka wrote:also, 8:10am classes. whyyyyy.


This

This

This


No 8 am for section
Last edited by ValeVale on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indifference
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby Indifference » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:32 pm

wonka wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Schedules, reviews, and books. (And shortly outlines.)

Section 1

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4

Section 5

Section 6

Section 7


you're the best! thank you.


Seconded.
But ugh, 8:20 class and a 30 min commute. Fuck.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby leslieknope » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
wonka wrote:also, 8:10am classes. whyyyyy.


This

This

This


I have an 8:20. Because HLS apparently likes us enough to let us sleep 10 more minutes, but no more.

:(

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:36 pm

What's the best way to find info about visiting profs? Or does it even matter

Indifference
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Postby Indifference » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:40 pm

leslieknope wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:
wonka wrote:also, 8:10am classes. whyyyyy.


This

This

This


I have an 8:20. Because HLS apparently likes us enough to let us sleep 10 more minutes, but no more.

:(


Same section :) (as leslie not mack).




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests