Harvard Law School Class of 2018 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Where are you in the decision process?

I'll be at HLS next fall!
65%
Still waiting to hear from another school....
3%
Still waiting to hear about financial aid :(
6%
Absolutely unsure
6%
Already withdrew from HLS
20%

Total votes: 143

whosinthehousejc

Bronze

Re: Harvard Law School Class of 2018

Post by whosinthehousejc » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:21 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:
whosinthehousejc wrote:hi all, what's the consensus on ASW dress code? earlier in the thread I saw casual was TCR at last year's but would love to hear from a March ASW attendee.
Formal Dress

Casual is fine.
Huh?

Kobaine51

Bronze

Post by Kobaine51 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:51 am

whosinthehousejc wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
whosinthehousejc wrote:hi all, what's the consensus on ASW dress code? earlier in the thread I saw casual was TCR at last year's but would love to hear from a March ASW attendee.
Formal Dress

Casual is fine.
Huh?
White tie

ThePinkRanger

New

Post by ThePinkRanger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Kobaine51 wrote:
whosinthehousejc wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
Formal Dress

Casual is fine.
Huh?
White tie
These people are being silly. Too many hours in the basement playing with twenty sided dice :) There's no formal dress code. People tended to look put together at the March ASW--there were generally no ripped jeans and ratty t-shirts. On the formal end, people dressed business casual (i.e. skirt and blouse, or slacks and vests over button ups). On the casual side, nice jeans and a good shirt. I'd say go however makes you feel comfortable. I went with good jeans, a blouse and dress boots.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Hey April ASW friends, have you gotten any emails or info at all about ASW? I thought we were supposed to get mock cases and such prior, but I haven't heard anything since the confirmation email.

stevedubs

New

Post by stevedubs » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:57 pm

leslieknope wrote:Hey April ASW friends, have you gotten any emails or info at all about ASW? I thought we were supposed to get mock cases and such prior, but I haven't heard anything since the confirmation email.
I received a followup email with the mock class case this morning around 10:30 EDT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whosinthehousejc

Bronze

Post by whosinthehousejc » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:30 pm

stevedubs wrote:
leslieknope wrote:Hey April ASW friends, have you gotten any emails or info at all about ASW? I thought we were supposed to get mock cases and such prior, but I haven't heard anything since the confirmation email.
I received a followup email with the mock class case this morning around 10:30 EDT.
I got all the ASW info this morning too.

Indy16

Bronze

Post by Indy16 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:40 pm

I dunno if this is a weird question or anything (and I don't really want to email JS about it) but are we able to use the gyms during the ASW?

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Indy16 wrote:I dunno if this is a weird question or anything (and I don't really want to email JS about it) but are we able to use the gyms during the ASW?
Probably not. You need to show an id or give a HUID number to get in. I don't remember them having a pass or anything last year.

RedColossus

New

Post by RedColossus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:43 am

Hey guys, anyone looking for a roommate? I'm hoping to get a two or three bedroom (probably through Harvard-owned off-campus housing because it sounds easier) where everyone can pay like $900-$1300 a month or something. Hopefully a few incoming 1L's so we won't have to worry about figuring out housing arrangements again every year, but if any current 1L's or 2L's have a place and are looking for someone to jump in to fill a vacancy feel free to message me.

21 year-old male from L.A. who likes sports, fairly progressive politics, and rock & roll. (This feels like Match.com)

Anyways, message me if you're looking for anyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

2x2Matrix

Bronze

Post by 2x2Matrix » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:20 am

whosinthehousejc wrote:
stevedubs wrote:
Hmm I just checked my harvard email and haven't gotten anything :/

whosinthehousejc

Bronze

Post by whosinthehousejc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:01 am

2x2Matrix wrote:
whosinthehousejc wrote:
stevedubs wrote:
Are you sure you're registered? PM me your email and I'll send you the schedule, etc

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:20 am

2x2Matrix wrote:
whosinthehousejc wrote:
stevedubs wrote:
Yeah make sure you registered using the link on the admitted student portal.

cc240

New

Post by cc240 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:21 am

Anyone looking for a roommate? I'm a female incoming 1L looking for something where I pay 1300 or less for my half for a 2 BR or more. PM if interested.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

2x2Matrix

Bronze

Post by 2x2Matrix » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:38 pm

mujiali wrote:
2x2Matrix wrote:
whosinthehousejc wrote:
stevedubs wrote:
Yeah make sure you registered using the link on the admitted student portal.
I got the 'Thank you for registering for the Harvard Law School Admitted Students Weekend' email afterward hmm.

whosinthehousejc, I pmd you

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:35 pm

Got my financial aid package! It's incredibly generous, much more than I thought I'd get. I'm so thrilled, and it means I'll almost certainly be at Cambridge in the fall.

DiniMae

Silver

Post by DiniMae » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:12 am

leslieknope wrote:Got my financial aid package! It's incredibly generous, much more than I thought I'd get. I'm so thrilled, and it means I'll almost certainly be at Cambridge in the fall.
Congrats!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:53 pm

2x2Matrix wrote:I got the 'Thank you for registering for the Harvard Law School Admitted Students Weekend' email afterward hmm.

whosinthehousejc, I pmd you
This same thing happened to me last year, I highly recommend you email them to make sure they have you down (they didn't have me down until I emailed them - despite getting that "Thanks for registering!" email)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MyNameIsFlynn!

Silver

Post by MyNameIsFlynn! » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Can anyone here please link me to the ASW schedule? Can't find it anywhere.

wonka

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by wonka » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:40 am

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:54 am

Sent in my response form earlier today, will definitely be at H in the fall. Excited and terrified.

Anyone else made the leap?
Also, anyone have thoughts on ASW this weekend? I skipped a lot so would love to hear if there was anything earth shattering/hilarious I missed.

wonka

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by wonka » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:45 am

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zuko23

New

Post by zuko23 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Have those who accepted the offer gotten any kind of a response? I would love to have some type of confirmation that it went through.lol

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:35 pm

zuko23 wrote:Have those who accepted the offer gotten any kind of a response? I would love to have some type of confirmation that it went through.lol
I got a confirmation email from the admissions office. I think calling if you're concerned is fine.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:37 pm

mwonka wrote:For the most part I thought other events tried to show just how much you can do at Harvard. It seems like you truly can get meaningfully involved in anything you can dream up, whether an HLS organization already exists or not, and the faculty will support you. That's why I chose to go, ultimately.
+1. I came out of ASW with the impression that basically every opportunity I could want exists at HLS and it's just a matter of figuring out which ones I want to take advantage of, which is awesome. I talked to lots of current students and they all seemed surprisingly chill and honest about both the good and bad parts. And so many are doing insanely cool things, especially the PI people. OPIA also seems to genuinely be the best, too. Overall, I left very excited and a lot more sure of my decision than I was going in.

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:47 pm

leslieknope wrote:
+1. I came out of ASW with the impression that basically every opportunity I could want exists at HLS and it's just a matter of figuring out which ones I want to take advantage of, which is awesome. I talked to lots of current students and they all seemed surprisingly chill and honest about both the good and bad parts. And so many are doing insanely cool things, especially the PI people. OPIA also seems to genuinely be the best, too. Overall, I left very excited and a lot more sure of my decision than I was going in.
Yeah I definitely came away feeling a lot better about not gunning for firm law, and pursuing PI with LIPP and the immense network of people and physical options HLS provides to support me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”