0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Plans?

Prepping for 1L
41
15%
Work
125
46%
Travel
79
29%
Other
24
9%
 
Total votes: 269

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby Gray » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:31 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:Even more awesome: you people doing nothing or traveling. I envy you. And have rent to pay.

+1

stoopkid13
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:31 am

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby stoopkid13 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:40 am

Still working out the details, but a friend and I are thinking of seeing Lenin's tomb in Moscow, hopping on the Trans-Siberian Railway, and seeing Mao's tomb in Beijing.

User avatar
middlebear
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby middlebear » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:21 am

stoopkid13 wrote:Still working out the details, but a friend and I are thinking of seeing Lenin's tomb in Moscow, hopping on the Trans-Siberian Railway, and seeing Mao's tomb in Beijing.


Leninnnnn. It is one of the most intense experiences you will ever have. Defs go.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:23 am

probs gonna play every childhood nintendo game and try to complete them before lawl school cuz i may never get to again

User avatar
taptaptop
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby taptaptop » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:57 am

stoopkid13 wrote:Still working out the details, but a friend and I are thinking of seeing Lenin's tomb in Moscow, hopping on the Trans-Siberian Railway, and seeing Mao's tomb in Beijing.


ehhhhmmmm... Mao's tomb???

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby ChemEng1642 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:15 am

ilikebaseball wrote:probs gonna play every childhood nintendo game and try to complete them before lawl school cuz i may never get to again


+1

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby Gray » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 am

middlebear wrote:Leninnnnn. It is one of the most intense experiences you will ever have. Defs go.

Because of your tar, I'm picturing John Watson saying this, and he's very sarcastic about it.

User avatar
hillz
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby hillz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Seriously considering quitting my job early to live with my parents and spend the summer doing yoga, reading, visiting friends, etc. :mrgreen:

User avatar
fra
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby fra » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:59 pm

Finally told my boss that I'm leaving in May. Feels so good.

User avatar
hillz
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby hillz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:00 pm

fra wrote:Finally told my boss that I'm leaving in May. Feels so good.


Congrats!! I want to go ahead and set a date but am nervous about taking the plunge.

User avatar
middlebear
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby middlebear » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:01 pm

smccgrey wrote:
middlebear wrote:Leninnnnn. It is one of the most intense experiences you will ever have. Defs go.

Because of your tar, I'm picturing John Watson saying this, and he's very sarcastic about it.


I'd kill for that episode. (John Watson is my SPIRIT ANIMAL.)

…maybe I need to swap out for a Putin 'tar.

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby fats provolone » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 pm

stoopkid13 wrote:Still working out the details, but a friend and I are thinking of seeing Lenin's tomb in Moscow, hopping on the Trans-Siberian Railway, and seeing Mao's tomb in Beijing.

red square is cool but you should go see the statue garden in moscow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_Monument_Park

it's where the scene in goldeneye was filmed

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby ChemEng1642 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:42 pm

fra wrote:Finally told my boss that I'm leaving in May. Feels so good.


Jealous! That's awesome! I still haven't decided when to tell my company yet...I don't want to tell too soon but just the straight up 2 weeks is probably too late

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby fats provolone » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:44 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
fra wrote:Finally told my boss that I'm leaving in May. Feels so good.


Jealous! That's awesome! I still haven't decided when to tell my company yet...I don't want to tell too soon but just the straight up 2 weeks is probably too late

i gave about 2 months notice and got the "eh, why don't you go ahead and take off"

rekt

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby ChemEng1642 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:47 pm

fats provolone wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
fra wrote:Finally told my boss that I'm leaving in May. Feels so good.


Jealous! That's awesome! I still haven't decided when to tell my company yet...I don't want to tell too soon but just the straight up 2 weeks is probably too late

i gave about 2 months notice and got the "eh, why don't you go ahead and take off"

rekt


Yeah the problem is I don't want them to say that - I have to work for a minimum of 2 years or a lose my relocation bonus and I'm pretty much leaving at exactly the 2 year mark. If I get kicked out early I'm screwed.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:51 pm

I'll set a date once I know where I'm going, so my office has as much time as possible to find someone to fill my position and I have time to train them.

I am hoping to go to NOLA for Mardi Gras though. Something I was never able to do in UG because I was always working.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby Hand » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
fats provolone wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
fra wrote:Finally told my boss that I'm leaving in May. Feels so good.


Jealous! That's awesome! I still haven't decided when to tell my company yet...I don't want to tell too soon but just the straight up 2 weeks is probably too late

i gave about 2 months notice and got the "eh, why don't you go ahead and take off"

rekt


Yeah the problem is I don't want them to say that - I have to work for a minimum of 2 years or a lose my relocation bonus and I'm pretty much leaving at exactly the 2 year mark. If I get kicked out early I'm screwed.


yeah I need them to keep me on 'till the very end just to pay the bills

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby ChemEng1642 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:29 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
yeah I need them to keep me on 'till the very end just to pay the bills


and law school :(

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby Hand » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:30 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
yeah I need them to keep me on 'till the very end just to pay the bills


and law school :(


law school will have to be paid for in some other way I fear, not making enough to save

suppy183
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:40 am

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby suppy183 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:25 am

I'm thinking two months notice as well. My team plans out the work-load for each quarter towards the end of the previous one, so whenever that meeting comes it's going to kind of force my hand (if I don't want to be a dick and commit to a bunch of stuff for Q3 that I'll barely have time to start). Very jealous of the people leaving (relatively) soon. Six months feels like such a long time...

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:52 am

CoffeeIsLife wrote:As a current 1L I can tell you the best thing to do is NOTHING. Relax, maybe read a book you actually enjoy, because things will get more stressful once the first semester starts. Just try to enjoy yourself until classes begin.

This.

Of course, some of you are going to ignore this. I know this because I got the same advice and I ended up reading Getting to Maybe and some E&Es before school started. Did it really help? Not really. Exams are geared towards what your professors teach. GTM is a better read halfway through the semester when you actually have some law under your belt.

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby Eladriel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:11 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:probs gonna play every childhood nintendo game and try to complete them before lawl school cuz i may never get to again


+1


Here here.

I wish I had better plans but likely quitting my job in August and moving to wherever I'm going.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2374
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:01 am

Work, Wedding, 2 1/2 week long honeymoon. Gonna be an exciting summer.

ETA: also chell, lots and lots of chell. NHL 15 beckons

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2374
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:05 am

Big Red wrote:Learning to golf


Golf is the key to bliss.

User avatar
Shelbinole
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:18 am

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby Shelbinole » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Work...sleep...work :cry:




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests