0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Plans?

Prepping for 1L
15%
Work
46%
Travel
29%
Other
9%

Total votes: 269

strugglebus

Re: 0Ls, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Postby strugglebus » Tue May 05, 2015 7:58 pm

storpappa wrote:It turned out to be just over $4k extra plua a month earlier housing... and since the Fall is reduced by 3 credits, its still full tuition in the fall.

I don't think that's worth it, but depending on how much you value the shifted workload/having extra time to ease into it, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea

jimmymac

Postby jimmymac » Tue May 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Doing research for a prof at the school I'll be attending in the fall. Paid job, can do it from home, 30 hours a week or so. Pretty pumped. I looked up a few professors who I was interested in and got a few back saying they needed RAs.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue May 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmymac

Postby jimmymac » Tue May 05, 2015 8:37 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
jimmymac wrote:Doing research for a prof at the school I'll be attending in the fall. Paid job, can do it from home, 30 hours a week or so. Pretty pumped. I looked up a few professors who I was interested in and got a few back saying they needed RAs.

This is at the same time hilariously gunnerish and also really awesome

lol. Didnt mean it to be gunnerish... I need to make some money this summer and hoped to do something meaningful as well.

cal2013

Postby cal2013 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:55 pm

jimmymac wrote:Doing research for a prof at the school I'll be attending in the fall. Paid job, can do it from home, 30 hours a week or so. Pretty pumped. I looked up a few professors who I was interested in and got a few back saying they needed RAs.

That's incredible. Color me jealous.

neubreed

Postby neubreed » Tue May 12, 2015 4:50 pm

cal2013 wrote:

+2. Wish I'd thought of this. Guessing it's waaay too late to look into anything like this.

I'm blowing my (admittedly meager) savings on a trip to Europe to visit family and friends. Haven't been able to afford to go in like 7 yrs, figured it was my last chance for a while, so just went for it. Super excited.

cal2013

Postby cal2013 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:40 am

neubreed wrote:
cal2013 wrote:

+2. Wish I'd thought of this. Guessing it's waaay too late to look into anything like this.

I'm blowing my (admittedly meager) savings on a trip to Europe to visit family and friends. Haven't been able to afford to go in like 7 yrs, figured it was my last chance for a while, so just went for it. Super excited.

Nice! Enjoy it, dude/dudette.

Alhe5015

Postby Alhe5015 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:57 am

neubreed wrote:
cal2013 wrote:

That awesome enjoy!

I was expecting to continue work at my firm doing IT and clerical work. I told them about two weeks ago that I plan on going to law school And that if be with them until August. And then two days later I got an offer for an SEO internship in NYC so of course I accepted that. So now my summer will be much more law related. And I probably burned a bridge at Greenberg Traurig.

neubreed

Postby neubreed » Tue May 19, 2015 4:37 pm

Alhe5015 wrote:
neubreed wrote:
cal2013 wrote:

That awesome enjoy!

I was expecting to continue work at my firm doing IT and clerical work. I told them about two weeks ago that I plan on going to law school And that if be with them until August. And then two days later I got an offer for an SEO internship in NYC so of course I accepted that. So now my summer will be much more law related. And I probably burned a bridge at Greenberg Traurig.

Thanks! And dude, that's pretty exciting too! Are you going to law school in NY as well?

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”