University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Mark your total $ amount AND scholly name (if applicable)

Levy
9
13%
Silverman-Rodin
0
No votes
Dean's
5
7%
James Wilson
17
25%
Toll
0
No votes
$130k-Full
2
3%
$100k-$129k
8
12%
$70k-$99k
13
19%
$30k-$69k
7
10%
<$30k
6
9%
 
Total votes: 67

User avatar
tk17
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby tk17 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:50 pm

pulstar1 wrote:Just got the portfolio package via snail mail :D


Fun! Anything special worth mentioning?

User avatar
R. Jeeves
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby R. Jeeves » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:22 pm

tk17 wrote:
pulstar1 wrote:Just got the portfolio package via snail mail :D


Fun! Anything special worth mentioning?


nah, just the usual viewbooky stuff.

User avatar
psychmusic
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 am

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby psychmusic » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:09 pm

.
Last edited by psychmusic on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:35 pm

I will enroll at whatever school sends me a t shirt

User avatar
middlebear
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby middlebear » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:13 am

Got my packet today too (CO). I think they might win so far because of 1) the fancy embossed box/folder thing and 2) the sheer amount of reading material.

User avatar
R. Jeeves
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby R. Jeeves » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:05 am

middlebear wrote:Got my packet today too (CO). I think they might win so far because of 1) the fancy embossed box/folder thing and 2) the sheer amount of reading material.


The box is pretty preftigious. And I do like that they sent such a great volume of info/pictures. I would say either Penn's package or Cornell's book thingy wins so far.

User avatar
middlebear
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby middlebear » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:13 am

pulstar1 wrote:
middlebear wrote:Got my packet today too (CO). I think they might win so far because of 1) the fancy embossed box/folder thing and 2) the sheer amount of reading material.


The box is pretty preftigious. And I do like that they sent such a great volume of info/pictures. I would say either Penn's package or Cornell's book thingy wins so far.


True, the actual bound book from Cornell was great.

when the hell do i get my chicago stuff

User avatar
NotASpecialSnowflake
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Really excited! I've listened to the voicemail they left at least 5 times. Is anyone thinking about hotels for ASW?

Masonsmith
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby Masonsmith » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:24 am

Checking in! :D

User avatar
R. Jeeves
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby R. Jeeves » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Sooo..... some of you peoples should be getting scholly invites on Friday.

Or maybe sooner? Last year they went out on Thursday, Jan. 30th.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby xylocarp » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:46 am

pulstar1 wrote:Sooo..... some of you peoples should be getting scholly invites on Friday.

Or maybe sooner? Last year they went out on Thursday, Jan. 30th.

hoping for lots of good news from this thread this week

Lions1913
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby Lions1913 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:01 pm

.
Last edited by Lions1913 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DiniMae
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby DiniMae » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Checking in!

Masonsmith
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby Masonsmith » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:21 pm

How long did it take you guys to get the snail mail pack following your phone calls?

User avatar
LetsGoMets
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby LetsGoMets » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Masonsmith wrote:How long did it take you guys to get the snail mail pack following your phone calls?


Call was Friday 1/16, package arrived yesterday.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:19 pm

LetsGoMets wrote:
Masonsmith wrote:How long did it take you guys to get the snail mail pack following your phone calls?


Call was Friday 1/16, package arrived yesterday.


yeah I got the swag packet yesterday too

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby ChemEng1642 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Got my swag packet today!

No swag swag right? Just papers and booklets?

User avatar
LetsGoMets
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby LetsGoMets » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:05 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:Got my swag packet today!

No swag swag right? Just papers and booklets?


No swag. I think they take first place on the number of papers and booklets though. Stacks on stacks

Lions1913
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby Lions1913 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:40 pm

.
Last edited by Lions1913 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
R. Jeeves
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Lions1913 wrote:Hey all,
Anybody have any insight/preliminary thoughts on housing?

if anyone knows of any links related to this, or anything else that would be useful, let me know so I can add it to the OP

User avatar
R. Jeeves
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:22 pm

xylocarp wrote:hoping for lots of good news from this thread this week TOMORROW

Masonsmith
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby Masonsmith » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:13 pm

pulstar1 wrote:
Lions1913 wrote:Hey all,
Anybody have any insight/preliminary thoughts on housing?

if anyone knows of any links related to this, or anything else that would be useful, let me know so I can add it to the OP

Can we start a poll on where we'll all be living? I'm trying to decide what part of town to live in, but I also don't want to be super far away from all my classmates.

User avatar
R. Jeeves
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Masonsmith wrote:
pulstar1 wrote:
Lions1913 wrote:Hey all,
Anybody have any insight/preliminary thoughts on housing?

if anyone knows of any links related to this, or anything else that would be useful, let me know so I can add it to the OP

Can we start a poll on where we'll all be living? I'm trying to decide what part of town to live in, but I also don't want to be super far away from all my classmates.


yeah, what should the options be?

foles
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby foles » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:45 pm

.
Last edited by foles on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tk17
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Re: University of Pennsylvania c/o 2018 Admits

Postby tk17 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:15 pm

pulstar1 wrote:Sooo..... some of you peoples should be getting scholly invites on Friday.

Or maybe sooner? Last year they went out on Thursday, Jan. 30th.


:crickets:

Not that I was expecting an invite, but I did think some people would be getting some exciting news. Still a few hours left, I guess.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest