Georgetown Law Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

What section are you?

1 (Curriculum A)
11
23%
2 (Curriculum A)
9
19%
3 (Curriculum B)
5
11%
4 (Curriculum A)
13
28%
5 (Curriculum A)
8
17%
7 (PT Program)
1
2%
 
Total votes: 47

hearsay77
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby hearsay77 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:33 pm

legallybrunette93 wrote:I just emailed them about scholarship info even though I never got a feeler email. Now I wait and hope.


Please let us know what they say!

xtgg5020
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby xtgg5020 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Gray wrote:
accessislife wrote:did anyone send in an app for GLS? I'm debating but there are like 4 questions that could take anywhere from a paragraph to a page to respond to.

I've DONE my app but I haven't sent it yet... I was hoping to have my eval done in time, but nope. I'm going to mail it tomorrow without the eval and send the eval separately.

but my answers are about 1.5 pages single spaced total.


I have just finished answering those questions, but noticed that they won't accept it via fax or email. I guess I won't be able to submit the application by the priority deadline. Anyone know how fast those spots are filled up? since they say that late application will only be viewed if there are spots left.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:58 pm

xtgg5020 wrote:
Gray wrote:
accessislife wrote:did anyone send in an app for GLS? I'm debating but there are like 4 questions that could take anywhere from a paragraph to a page to respond to.

I've DONE my app but I haven't sent it yet... I was hoping to have my eval done in time, but nope. I'm going to mail it tomorrow without the eval and send the eval separately.

but my answers are about 1.5 pages single spaced total.


I have just finished answering those questions, but noticed that they won't accept it via fax or email. I guess I won't be able to submit the application by the priority deadline. Anyone know how fast those spots are filled up? since they say that late application will only be viewed if there are spots left.

IDK I just mailed mine today, same reason as you. Mine doesn't have the eval in it either - I'm still waiting for that. So I'm assuming it's too late but w/e there's no app fee.

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Gray wrote:
xtgg5020 wrote:
Gray wrote:
accessislife wrote:did anyone send in an app for GLS? I'm debating but there are like 4 questions that could take anywhere from a paragraph to a page to respond to.

I've DONE my app but I haven't sent it yet... I was hoping to have my eval done in time, but nope. I'm going to mail it tomorrow without the eval and send the eval separately.

but my answers are about 1.5 pages single spaced total.


I have just finished answering those questions, but noticed that they won't accept it via fax or email. I guess I won't be able to submit the application by the priority deadline. Anyone know how fast those spots are filled up? since they say that late application will only be viewed if there are spots left.

IDK I just mailed mine today, same reason as you. Mine doesn't have the eval in it either - I'm still waiting for that. So I'm assuming it's too late but w/e there's no app fee.


For the last two questions, did you just list or add some details about the work/courses?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 pm

accessislife wrote:For the last two questions, did you just list or add some details about the work/courses?


For the course list I added descriptions and the last question I answered with a couple of short paragraphs.

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:13 pm

Gray wrote:
accessislife wrote:For the last two questions, did you just list or add some details about the work/courses?


For the course list I added descriptions and the last question I answered with a couple of short paragraphs.


Thanks!

User avatar
motoman92
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby motoman92 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 am

hey guys. if anyone didn't get an acknowledgement that Georgetown receiving your response to the second schoolly email, I'd give the school a call. I sent mine on Saturday night and they never got it. They emailed me yesterday asking where it was :shock:

User avatar
gilessanderson
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby gilessanderson » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Got my letter in the mail and officially checking in! In all likelihood attending in the fall. In terms of housing, what's the deal with Gewirz? I've read it's not the best deal in the area, but it seems so intriguingly convenient..

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby CaptainJapan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:17 pm

gilessanderson wrote:Got my letter in the mail and officially checking in! In all likelihood attending in the fall. In terms of housing, what's the deal with Gewirz? I've read it's not the best deal in the area, but it seems so intriguingly convenient..


This is what I'm counting on...it's a huge plus for me being basically connected to the gym and a 2 minute walk to the library. Anyone have any anecdotal wisdom passed down from current students?

User avatar
antiworldly
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby antiworldly » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:01 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
gilessanderson wrote:Got my letter in the mail and officially checking in! In all likelihood attending in the fall. In terms of housing, what's the deal with Gewirz? I've read it's not the best deal in the area, but it seems so intriguingly convenient..


This is what I'm counting on...it's a huge plus for me being basically connected to the gym and a 2 minute walk to the library. Anyone have any anecdotal wisdom passed down from current students?


It is incredibly expensive though, for what it is. I went on a tour of a unit during visit weekend and it wasn't a nice apartment at all. Small, the furniture wasn't nice, and what I find most onerous the kitchen wasn't actually a kitchen, just a kitchenette with a mini-oven and range, completely ill-suited to any sort of cooking. For that kind of money I was hoping to actually save some money by making my own food, but that's why I'm looking at places off-campus.

legallybrunette93
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby legallybrunette93 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:10 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
gilessanderson wrote:Got my letter in the mail and officially checking in! In all likelihood attending in the fall. In terms of housing, what's the deal with Gewirz? I've read it's not the best deal in the area, but it seems so intriguingly convenient..


This is what I'm counting on...it's a huge plus for me being basically connected to the gym and a 2 minute walk to the library. Anyone have any anecdotal wisdom passed down from current students?


I have a friend who's a current 1L and she lives in a house with a couple 2Ls about a 10 minute walk from campus. She said it's really nice to live off campus because it gets you away from the looming feeling of stress that's at Gerwirz. She said it was especially nice to be able to escape campus during finals

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:24 pm

legallybrunette93 wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:
gilessanderson wrote:Got my letter in the mail and officially checking in! In all likelihood attending in the fall. In terms of housing, what's the deal with Gewirz? I've read it's not the best deal in the area, but it seems so intriguingly convenient..


This is what I'm counting on...it's a huge plus for me being basically connected to the gym and a 2 minute walk to the library. Anyone have any anecdotal wisdom passed down from current students?


I have a friend who's a current 1L and she lives in a house with a couple 2Ls about a 10 minute walk from campus. She said it's really nice to live off campus because it gets you away from the looming feeling of stress that's at Gerwirz. She said it was especially nice to be able to escape campus during finals


what neighborhood?

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby CaptainJapan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:01 pm

I have a friend who's a current 1L and she lives in a house with a couple 2Ls about a 10 minute walk from campus. She said it's really nice to live off campus because it gets you away from the looming feeling of stress that's at Gerwirz. She said it was especially nice to be able to escape campus during finals


This makes sense to me. I bet that place gets pretty frantic around November. I'm also curious if anyone knows how competitive the lottery is, especially for singles. I've had roommates since boarding school and was really looking forward to possibly living by myself for 1L.

User avatar
lnick93
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby lnick93 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm having trouble resetting my NetID password. Did anyone else have a problem with this?

User avatar
franny90
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby franny90 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:46 pm

lnick93 wrote:I'm having trouble resetting my NetID password. Did anyone else have a problem with this?


call 202-687-4949 - their tech desk - during normal working hours. resolved it for me in 5 min last week.

arewevoting
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby arewevoting » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:48 pm

franny90 wrote:
lnick93 wrote:I'm having trouble resetting my NetID password. Did anyone else have a problem with this?


call 202-687-4949 - their tech desk - during normal working hours. resolved it for me in 5 min last week.



+1 .. the have staff 24 hours, so you can probably do it now? idk though, i'd trust franny's advice over mine

User avatar
lnick93
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby lnick93 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:18 pm

arewevoting wrote:
franny90 wrote:
lnick93 wrote:I'm having trouble resetting my NetID password. Did anyone else have a problem with this?


call 202-687-4949 - their tech desk - during normal working hours. resolved it for me in 5 min last week.



+1 .. the have staff 24 hours, so you can probably do it now? idk though, i'd trust franny's advice over mine


Thanks friends!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:18 am

can everyone with NetID log into MyAccess? am I the only one who can't?

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 am

can confirm per convo w/ financial aid officer that GULC does not offer full tuition merit aid, and that awards will be decided early next week.

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby EzraFitz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:39 am

Just wanted to drop in and say that (as a 1L) living off campus was the best decision ever. It is the best escape from stress, and I don't feel like I'm chained to the law school. I do my work, go home, and then feel free of it in a great way. I would recommend apartments near the NoMa metro. It's only about a 15 minute walk, but if you don't feel like roughing it, Union Station is only one stop down and right by the school. Congrats to all!

User avatar
kimaginary4s
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby kimaginary4s » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:16 pm

Gray wrote:can everyone with NetID log into MyAccess? am I the only one who can't?

I can't either...

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:25 pm

kimaginary4s wrote:
Gray wrote:can everyone with NetID log into MyAccess? am I the only one who can't?

I can't either...

you can do seat deposits and stuff through myaccess so I emailed the techsupport address to ask for assistance, but they haven't replied yet.

User avatar
kimaginary4s
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby kimaginary4s » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Gray wrote:can everyone with NetID log into MyAccess? am I the only one who can't?

Does it say "This page is not enabled for current user role(s)" when you try?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:36 pm

kimaginary4s wrote:
Gray wrote:can everyone with NetID log into MyAccess? am I the only one who can't?

Does it say "This page is not enabled for current user role(s)" when you try?

yup.

User avatar
kimaginary4s
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby kimaginary4s » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:51 pm

Gray wrote:
kimaginary4s wrote:
Gray wrote:can everyone with NetID log into MyAccess? am I the only one who can't?

Does it say "This page is not enabled for current user role(s)" when you try?

yup.

I probably should email them about this too then. I just assumed my account wasn't activated yet but if I'm just one of the only ones I should get it looked at




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gadzooks and 2 guests