Georgetown Law Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

What section are you?

1 (Curriculum A)
11
23%
2 (Curriculum A)
9
19%
3 (Curriculum B)
5
11%
4 (Curriculum A)
13
28%
5 (Curriculum A)
8
17%
7 (PT Program)
1
2%
 
Total votes: 47

User avatar
Dipper
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Dipper » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:46 pm

strugglebus wrote:Got an email along these lines today, too. I had initially provided a brief response with a bit of Why Georgetown and a mention of my other offers. Didn't discuss exactly what they're asking now.


Damn, didn't get a second email, but my initial response was pretty thorough and discussed all of that.... :?

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Kinky John » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Dipper wrote:
strugglebus wrote:Got an email along these lines today, too. I had initially provided a brief response with a bit of Why Georgetown and a mention of my other offers. Didn't discuss exactly what they're asking now.


Damn, didn't get a second email, but my initial response was pretty thorough and discussed all of that.... :?


Mine was too. Probably best not to think too much into this.

Oh wait nvm this is TLS, let me go get some entrails to consult

User avatar
giantswan
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby giantswan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Gray wrote:IDK I still haven't heard a thing but I really would like the opportunity to write optional responses.

......Andyyyyy..... :cry:


Same boat.

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:27 pm

did anyone send in an app for GLS? I'm debating but there are like 4 questions that could take anywhere from a paragraph to a page to respond to.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:34 pm

accessislife wrote:did anyone send in an app for GLS? I'm debating but there are like 4 questions that could take anywhere from a paragraph to a page to respond to.

I've DONE my app but I haven't sent it yet... I was hoping to have my eval done in time, but nope. I'm going to mail it tomorrow without the eval and send the eval separately.

but my answers are about 1.5 pages single spaced total.

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks, Grey!

I did my eval with a random language teacher, but she was super harsh on my ability to discuss economic, political and dev issues. :(

#wayharshtai

User avatar
cc78
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby cc78 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Maybe I'm outing myself, but I actually was asked to get on the phone with the scholly committee tomorrow. I hope I didn't offend them with my request.

legallybrunette93
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby legallybrunette93 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:44 pm

If we haven't gotten the scholarship email, when is it appropriate to initiate scholarship negotiation? Is early March (next week) too early?

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm

all you scholly peeps - did you send your needaccess in prior to all the e-mail convos?

User avatar
Dipper
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Dipper » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:28 pm

accessislife wrote:all you scholly peeps - did you send your needaccess in prior to all the e-mail convos?


I haven't sent mine in yet.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Just sent in everything - FAFSA, NeedAccess, Yellow form. I'm all formed out. When should I solicit scholly consideration, do guys you think?

User avatar
Comma.Split
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Comma.Split » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Hey guys and girls! How do I get a NetID? I have been trying to submit the yellow form but it doesn't let me log in...Thanks!

User avatar
motoman92
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby motoman92 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:11 am

cc78 wrote:Maybe I'm outing myself, but I actually was asked to get on the phone with the scholly committee tomorrow. I hope I didn't offend them with my request.


Did you get both scholly emails? Hoping I didn't miss the 3rd round...

User avatar
DrSpaceman
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby DrSpaceman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:30 am

Gray wrote:Just sent in everything - FAFSA, NeedAccess, Yellow form. I'm all formed out. When should I solicit scholly consideration, do guys you think?


+1

I'm thinking that I'm going to wait until Vandy makes an offer; they reached out a week or so ago and asked a couple of questions about my financials to clarify and said they'd get back by the end of Feb with scholly info.

Do people think that GTown will generally compete with their offers?

I'm also broke as a joke with two retired parents, so hoping that will help too... Anyone care to encourage me while I wait?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:24 am

.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 am

DrSpaceman wrote:
Gray wrote:Just sent in everything - FAFSA, NeedAccess, Yellow form. I'm all formed out. When should I solicit scholly consideration, do guys you think?


+1

I'm thinking that I'm going to wait until Vandy makes an offer; they reached out a week or so ago and asked a couple of questions about my financials to clarify and said they'd get back by the end of Feb with scholly info.

Do people think that GTown will generally compete with their offers?

I'm also broke as a joke with two retired parents, so hoping that will help too... Anyone care to encourage me while I wait?

I have one retired parent and a full-time student spouse who I support...? Does that help!!?!? Probably not.

For the FAFSA estimate, does everyone get the Direct Stafford Loan Estimate for the full $20,500.00? Also does anyone know how to use the FAFSA Expected Family Contribution to estimate need based aid?

This shit is STRESSFUL.

Also I'm sure they'll compete with Vandy - I'm hoping they'll compete at least a little with my GWU offer. Wondering if I should approach GWU first to see if they will raise their offer before taking it to GULC?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 am

.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:
For the FAFSA estimate, does everyone get the Direct Stafford Loan Estimate for the full $20,500.00?


edit: misread the question. I did at the very least

I got the impression that it was automatic and not indicative of need. I'm just trying to figure out what's going to happen.

User avatar
cc78
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby cc78 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:07 pm

motoman92 wrote:
cc78 wrote:Maybe I'm outing myself, but I actually was asked to get on the phone with the scholly committee tomorrow. I hope I didn't offend them with my request.


Did you get both scholly emails? Hoping I didn't miss the 3rd round...


Sorry, got only one email about the committee. I had the phone call, it was very nice and let me know a couple of things:

1. GULC just does not give full tuition scholarships for merit. You can get close with merit and need, but they don't do it with just merit.

2. Offers should be coming early next week...so hold on tight :).

User avatar
tonysoprano
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby tonysoprano » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:08 pm

I was in the first wave of scholarship emails but haven't heard anything since. Trying to figure out if this means I answered all of their questions the first time (since it seems like a lot of the second emails were for clarification - although I could be wrong on this) or if I'm out of the running...

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Kinky John » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:11 pm

cc78 wrote:2. Offers should be coming early next week...so hold on tight :).


My hero

tonysoprano wrote:I was in the first wave of scholarship emails but haven't heard anything since. Trying to figure out if this means I answered all of their questions the first time (since it seems like a lot of the second emails were for clarification - although I could be wrong on this) or if I'm out of the running...


I was thinking the former (especially given your stats) but who knows.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:37 pm

cc78 wrote:


1. GULC just does not give full tuition scholarships for merit. You can get close with merit and need, but they don't do it with just merit.



:roll:

hearsay77
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby hearsay77 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Do we think there might be a second round of scholarship feeler emails? I was only accepted about 2 weeks ago, and probably won't be getting it based on my numbers, but I'm wondering if I should wait much longer to ask for consideration and/or negotiate.

User avatar
betty_bojangles
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby betty_bojangles » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Does Georgetown usually send out these feeler emails to everyone who they make an offer to? Does anyone know if this is something they did in past cycles? Got in back in December, but have not gotten any scholly emails =/.

legallybrunette93
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby legallybrunette93 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:55 pm

I just emailed them about scholarship info even though I never got a feeler email. Now I wait and hope.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest