Georgetown Law Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

What section are you?

1 (Curriculum A)
11
23%
2 (Curriculum A)
9
19%
3 (Curriculum B)
5
11%
4 (Curriculum A)
13
28%
5 (Curriculum A)
8
17%
7 (PT Program)
1
2%
 
Total votes: 47

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Tue May 19, 2015 4:47 pm

zacharus85 wrote:There are definitely sections 3 and 7. I seem to recall meeting/hearing about sections 1,2, and 4.

Pretty sure there is no section 6.


WHY LORD WHY so confusing

User avatar
kray
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby kray » Tue May 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Hand wrote:BTW has anyone who is trying to be on top of their shit and thus has submitted tax returns etc. gotten an acknowledgement? It's been 10 days or so since I emailed them what I could produce and I haven't heard a peep and nothing has changed in the required items on myaccess for me.


I submitted personal tax returns & w2 early April, and it changed in MyAccess pretty soon after (a few days) to acknowledge that I had done so.

I submitted my mom's info maybe 2 weeks ago, and still nothing -- it's listing them as unsatisfied. I e-mailed to check in the other day, but no response. I'm gonna assume that they're just swamped and leave it alone until June or so, then check in again.

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10695
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Capitol_Idea » Tue May 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Hand wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:There are definitely sections 3 and 7. I seem to recall meeting/hearing about sections 1,2, and 4.

Pretty sure there is no section 6.


WHY LORD WHY so confusing
Welcome to GULC!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Tue May 19, 2015 4:54 pm

What about this stupid immunization stuff... I have to get a TB test because I was in South Africa for more than 6 weeks. ughghghh

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 pm

kray wrote:
Hand wrote:BTW has anyone who is trying to be on top of their shit and thus has submitted tax returns etc. gotten an acknowledgement? It's been 10 days or so since I emailed them what I could produce and I haven't heard a peep and nothing has changed in the required items on myaccess for me.


I submitted personal tax returns & w2 early April, and it changed in MyAccess pretty soon after (a few days) to acknowledge that I had done so.

I submitted my mom's info maybe 2 weeks ago, and still nothing -- it's listing them as unsatisfied. I e-mailed to check in the other day, but no response. I'm gonna assume that they're just swamped and leave it alone until June or so, then check in again.


Thanks, yeah, I assume they're quite busy at the moment, I'll probably wait a while before checking to see whether my email has landed in the right place.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Tue May 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Also what about the counseling requirements? I did them like a month ago and it's still showing as "requested."

Have any of you seen a change there?

supersplittysplitter
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby supersplittysplitter » Tue May 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Hand wrote:BTW has anyone who is trying to be on top of their shit and thus has submitted tax returns etc. gotten an acknowledgement? It's been 10 days or so since I emailed them what I could produce and I haven't heard a peep and nothing has changed in the required items on myaccess for me.



same here. No email confirmation and myaccess still hasn't updated :/

I do remember reading somewhere that counseling requirements won't be listed as satisfied until the summer, not sure why that is though

User avatar
motoman92
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby motoman92 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Gray wrote:Also what about the counseling requirements? I did them like a month ago and it's still showing as "requested."

Have any of you seen a change there?



three weeks for me and still nothing. Glad I'm not the only one!

Malta
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Malta » Wed May 20, 2015 7:00 am

This matches what I recall from the open houses:

"Four full-time sections and the part-time section are instructed under curriculum "A." One full time section is instructed under curriculum "B.""

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/academics ... t-year.cfm

User avatar
kray
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby kray » Wed May 20, 2015 3:35 pm

For loan counseling -- when I sign into the Student Loans site, and attempt to complete counseling, it pops up to notify my UG institution, but not GULC. I can choose "Georgetown University" from the drop-down, but there's no law school specific option. Did you guys just choose general Georgetown? It has all my info for UG borrowing but no graduate.

User avatar
motoman92
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby motoman92 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:21 pm

kray wrote:\Did you guys just choose general Georgetown?


Yeah. I couldn't find a specific GULC either.

supersplittysplitter
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby supersplittysplitter » Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 pm

is there anyway to list more than 6 preferences for the housing app? The paragraph above that section says "You may choose as many or as few styles as you would like, but make sure you place them in order of preference (1, 2, 3...14)." But I can only list 6 preferences, not 14...

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby usn26 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Has anyone requested a scholarship bump? I'm not quite sure how to do that. (Is it too late at this point?)

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2624
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Thu May 21, 2015 6:28 pm

usn26 wrote:Has anyone requested a scholarship bump? I'm not quite sure how to do that. (Is it too late at this point?)

many of us requested several, but for me it's been over a month ago now since my last interactions with them
see the "scholarship negotiation works!" thread for advice; I don't think it's ever too late until classes start

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu May 21, 2015 6:29 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
usn26 wrote:Has anyone requested a scholarship bump? I'm not quite sure how to do that. (Is it too late at this point?)


Definitely not too late.

Just say you're concerned about the cost of the school and would like to know if you can get an increase or something along those lines


"If any additional funding has become available..."

"...if it would be possible to be considered for a scholarship increase."

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu May 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Yeah I asked and Alison was like nahhhhh not now.

But IDK I'll ask again (politely) in June probably

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby usn26 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Sounds good, I'm on it. I was leaning Cornell, but my desire to be around Navy peeps and desire for fedgov/DC/MD is starting to lean me towards GULC, but only if I could get them down to a point where I could theoretically pay off my loans.

ETA: just email hotline?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2624
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby usn26 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:46 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
usn26 wrote:Sounds good, I'm on it. I was leaning Cornell, but my desire to be around Navy peeps and desire for fedgov/DC/MD is starting to lean me towards GULC, but only if I could get them down to a point where I could theoretically pay off my loans.

ETA: just email hotline?


Yup. Have you negotiated with your Cornell offer at all? Do that.


Don't think that'll work. GULC's actually already offering me more. For a variety of complicated reasons I'm still going to need more money from Georgetown to overcome Cornell.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu May 21, 2015 7:24 pm

usn26 wrote:Don't think that'll work. GULC's actually already offering me more. For a variety of complicated reasons I'm still going to need more money from Georgetown to overcome Cornell.

just cite DC's outrageous COL

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby usn26 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Gray wrote:
usn26 wrote:Don't think that'll work. GULC's actually already offering me more. For a variety of complicated reasons I'm still going to need more money from Georgetown to overcome Cornell.

just cite DC's outrageous COL


Speaking of, can I assume I'm the only one seriously considering taking the train in from somewhere ridiculous like Silver Spring or Fairfax? Although I guess those might not even be much cheaper.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2624
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu May 21, 2015 7:54 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Rents not cheaper you just get a bigger apartment (based on my searches). I've been looking right along the metro line in silver spring at right around a 30min commute but according to a family friend in DC the metros are never actually as fast as they say on google maps and I'd be looking at more than that. He also said its a pretty miserable commute because of how packed the metro gets

This has also been my impression and my family has said the same stuff about metro commuting.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby usn26 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Sigh. I did sign up for Gewirz. But I grew up on a farm, so I'm gonna be claustrophobic AF in DC.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest