.

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
navykev

Bronze
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:47 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby navykev » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:40 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:ED applicant got the merit aid offer today. I didn't expect anything at all so I'm beyond pumped to get some cash back.


Congrats brother!!!

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14842
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby TLSModBot » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:42 pm

wowchromosome wrote:hey! anyone know how weekend visits work? tried finding info on the website/emailed office but no response thus far (been about 3 days). i saw something about a self-guided tour, but is anything open on the weekends?

any/all insights are appreciated.

I mean, the buildings are open and things are going on, but not classes or generally anything interesting.

So I guess you could walk around campus but I don't really see what you'd be getting out of it. But then again I don't understand campus tours of GULC in the first place - there are like 4 buildings all right next to one another.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:49 pm

.

User avatar
wowchromosome

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby wowchromosome » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:52 pm

zacharus85 wrote:
wowchromosome wrote:hey! anyone know how weekend visits work? tried finding info on the website/emailed office but no response thus far (been about 3 days). i saw something about a self-guided tour, but is anything open on the weekends?

any/all insights are appreciated.

I mean, the buildings are open and things are going on, but not classes or generally anything interesting.

So I guess you could walk around campus but I don't really see what you'd be getting out of it. But then again I don't understand campus tours of GULC in the first place - there are like 4 buildings all right next to one another.


Can't really take off during the work week, so figured I'd at least try and see the place. Plus, I know a few current students and have friends in DC. Good to know about the buildings being open, thanks.

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14842
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby TLSModBot » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:02 pm

wowchromosome wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:
wowchromosome wrote:hey! anyone know how weekend visits work? tried finding info on the website/emailed office but no response thus far (been about 3 days). i saw something about a self-guided tour, but is anything open on the weekends?

any/all insights are appreciated.

I mean, the buildings are open and things are going on, but not classes or generally anything interesting.

So I guess you could walk around campus but I don't really see what you'd be getting out of it. But then again I don't understand campus tours of GULC in the first place - there are like 4 buildings all right next to one another.


Can't really take off during the work week, so figured I'd at least try and see the place. Plus, I know a few current students and have friends in DC. Good to know about the buildings being open, thanks.

Security guards might not be there to let you in, now that I think about it - if you know current students then get one of them to show you around?

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 pm

zacharus85 wrote:Security guards might not be there to let you in, now that I think about it - if you know current students then get one of them to show you around?


nah it would be much more fun to awkwardly hang around the entrance waiting for someone to exit and quickly grab the door and/or trying to pry it open with a screwdriver

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:16 pm

.

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14842
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby TLSModBot » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:awkwardly hang around the entrance waiting for someone to exit and quickly grab the door

:lol: did this multiple times at ASW.

Do our security procedures mean NOTHING to you rapscallions? This is how we get antsterrorists

User avatar
tuxedocat

Silver
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby tuxedocat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Hand wrote:Is that money guaranteed for three years? If so, do come join us!


At ASW it sounded like the need based grants were basically guaranteed. I think they reevaluate each year but only change if like your parents become unemployed or something major. They were nice enough to waive the parental information requirement so I can't see much changing. Does anyone else have a better memory of how they talked about the renewal process? Gray maybe?

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:33 pm

.

User avatar
tuxedocat

Silver
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby tuxedocat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Gray wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
Hand wrote:Is that money guaranteed for three years? If so, do come join us!


At ASW it sounded like the need based grants were basically guaranteed. I think they reevaluate each year but only change if like your parents become unemployed or something major. They were nice enough to waive the parental information requirement so I can't see much changing. Does anyone else have a better memory of how they talked about the renewal process? Gray maybe?

Yeah it's like if you make a fuck ton in an SA job or something. They were very clear that it rarely changes outside of large SA paychecks.


Ahh yeah, thanks. I don't think I have to worry about that happening :lol:

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14842
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby TLSModBot » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:42 pm

Well what constitutes a fuckton? Typical Major market BigLaw SA pay is ~30K pre-taxes.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:03 pm

.

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14842
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby TLSModBot » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Gray wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:Well what constitutes a fuckton? Typical Major market BigLaw SA pay is ~30K pre-taxes.

yeah I meant market SA pay - the number I heard was like 35K. That's the kind of income that could change aid. But I mean the Financial aid people were very approachable, it might not hurt to send them an email if you're making your decision based on this.

Damn I'd kill for 35K. Typical BigLaw in DC/NY is 3,077/week - for a 10 week program that's a little under 31K. But some programs run longer so more money. Don't worry, your time obsessively researching this stuff too will come.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:29 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:31 am

.

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:32 am

Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Georgetown stays playin with my heart

Emails that aren't about that schollie negotiation aren't cool GULC

but Dean Treanor just realllly wanted to offer his warm congratulations on your acceptance to Georgetown University Law Center.


(for the second time)

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 am

.

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:34 am

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Georgetown stays playin with my heart

Emails that aren't about that schollie negotiation aren't cool GULC

but Dean Treanor just realllly wanted to offer his warm congratulations on your acceptance to Georgetown University Law Center.


(for the second time)

(with the exact same words he used the first time)


he sure knows how to make a hand feel special

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:36 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:36 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Wait yeah its the exact same email we got before wtf


aka "happy friiiidayyyyy"

User avatar
Jessicakes90

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Jessicakes90 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:35 pm

Finally heard back about my scholarship negotiation and I'm extremely pleased! It's official - I'll be at Georgetown this fall!

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:Finally heard back about my scholarship negotiation and I'm extremely pleased! It's official - I'll be at Georgetown this fall!


congrats, see you there!

User avatar
Jessicakes90

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Jessicakes90 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Hand wrote:
Jessicakes90 wrote:Finally heard back about my scholarship negotiation and I'm extremely pleased! It's official - I'll be at Georgetown this fall!


congrats, see you there!


Thanks!

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:57 pm

.



Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests