Georgetown Law Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

What section are you?

1 (Curriculum A)
11
23%
2 (Curriculum A)
9
19%
3 (Curriculum B)
5
11%
4 (Curriculum A)
13
28%
5 (Curriculum A)
8
17%
7 (PT Program)
1
2%
 
Total votes: 47

User avatar
betty_bojangles
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby betty_bojangles » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:15 pm

accessislife wrote:
betty_bojangles wrote:
accessislife wrote:
betty_bojangles wrote:

Thanks all! I thought that there must have been a wave because me and a friend of mine both received our awards at around 730ish last night. I figured they must have received a bunch of withdrawals because of the April 1st deadline and then started to send out more offers.

Edit: My friend also didn't solicit at all or get any feeler emails so I guess that's not necessary..



betty, are you joining us at GULC?



I'm not sure yet! I am considering Cornell and GULC right now. I've got a higher offer at Cornell and want to send that in to GULC to see how they negotiate, but I should probably wait more than 24 hours to ask for more money lol. DC is much more tempting than Ithaca, but we'll see how the money plays out.


wishing you the best negotiating!


Thanks!


Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:ETA they probably won't though.


I wonder if they read this site? I know some other admissions people do like the Wake Forest Dean actually posts sometimes.

I meant that I'm pretty sure I asked for more than what they'll give me. But hey, I'm open to surprises!



I gave them a range and they gave me exactly the lower bound. Should've just asked for their max in retrospect.

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:28 pm

betty_bojangles wrote:DC is much more tempting than Ithaca, but we'll see how the money plays out.


Oh god is this an understatement. Those 9 month central new york winters really take a mental toll.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:29 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
betty_bojangles wrote:DC is much more tempting than Ithaca, but we'll see how the money plays out.


Oh god is this an understatement. Those 9 month central new york winters really take a mental toll.

I can't see a post about how bad the upstate new york weather is without laughing.

User avatar
antiworldly
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby antiworldly » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Gray wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:
betty_bojangles wrote:DC is much more tempting than Ithaca, but we'll see how the money plays out.


Oh god is this an understatement. Those 9 month central new york winters really take a mental toll.

I can't see a post about how bad the upstate new york weather is without laughing.


+1

The weather in Ithaca is wonderful, and it's been an absolutely amazing place to live for the last five years. Every time I look at housing in DC I question why I'm leaving b/c my 3br/3bath 1200 sqft apartment that is a 10 minute walk from central campus is less than a tiny 1br in DC.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:27 pm

antiworldly wrote:
Gray wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:
betty_bojangles wrote:DC is much more tempting than Ithaca, but we'll see how the money plays out.


Oh god is this an understatement. Those 9 month central new york winters really take a mental toll.

I can't see a post about how bad the upstate new york weather is without laughing.


+1

The weather in Ithaca is wonderful, and it's been an absolutely amazing place to live for the last five years. Every time I look at housing in DC I question why I'm leaving b/c my 3br/3bath 1200 sqft apartment that is a 10 minute walk from central campus is less than a tiny 1br in DC.

sigh. I was so excited to find a good deal on an apt in DC but struggled to explain to my family what a great deal it really was. They kept saying "that much? for a 1Br? are you sure that's a good price?"

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:36 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:sigh. I was so excited to find a good deal on an apt in DC but struggled to explain to my family what a great deal it really was. They kept saying "that much? for a 1Br? are you sure that's a good price?"


Did you find one in Columbia Heights?

Nope, I got one in Capitol Hill - PM me for the details if you're curious!

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:44 pm

antiworldly wrote:
+1

The weather in Ithaca is wonderful, and it's been an absolutely amazing place to live for the last five years. Every time I look at housing in DC I question why I'm leaving b/c my 3br/3bath 1200 sqft apartment that is a 10 minute walk from central campus is less than a tiny 1br in DC.


anti are you joining us in DC fo sho?

legallybrunette93
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby legallybrunette93 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Any other late March scholarship people that still haven't heard anything?? Is this there way of telling us we get no money?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:48 pm

legallybrunette93 wrote:Any other late March scholarship people that still haven't heard anything?? Is this there way of telling us we get no money?

good god I hope not. No I think they would let you know if you're an "alternate" or if they're going to give you nothing.

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:37 pm

What's the deal with visitor parking on campus? I'm trying to get up on 4/23 for a tour, anyone know my best bet for parking?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:47 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:What's the deal with visitor parking on campus? I'm trying to get up on 4/23 for a tour, anyone know my best bet for parking?

Parking is a goddamn nightmare.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:03 pm

OMG, ANDYYYY don't send emails unless they are a scholly update.

User avatar
franny90
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby franny90 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Gray wrote:OMG, ANDYYYY don't send emails unless they are a scholly update.


yes, so much this

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bird Lawyer
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Bird Lawyer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Gray wrote:OMG, ANDYYYY don't send emails unless they are a scholly update massive scholarship offer.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:09 pm

I was like "AHH THIS IS IT!!!" and then half a second later I was like "Nope THIS is a spring update."

User avatar
BrazilBandit
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby BrazilBandit » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:09 pm

has anyone had the courage to ask for an update on scholarships?

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby tuxedocat » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:31 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:OMG, ANDYYYY don't send emails unless they are a scholly update.


+1


+1000

But hey, anyone going to the Chicago reception on 4/15?

User avatar
universityof
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby universityof » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't get a feeler email. Does that mean I'm getting no merit aid unless I solicit? Not really sure why I wouldn't have. Splitter but definitely wouldn't expect nothing

User avatar
antiworldly
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby antiworldly » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Just got my financial aid package, 26k/yr, which isn't bad, but it's less than the 40k/yr I asked for, so we'll see if I can negotiate up.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby usn26 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Umm, just got the award (early April group, I guess, after getting a "sorry we might not get to you" email a few hours earlier)... it only gives information for the first year? Is that right? No information on renewal, merit/need, anything. 22k/y, which is exactly Cornell's offer, compared to 100k from NU. :?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Nothing in my inbox, in case any of you happened to be wondering.

goingtothestore
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby goingtothestore » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Confusing merit with need apparently
Last edited by goingtothestore on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dipper
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Dipper » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Gray wrote:Nothing in my inbox, in case any of you happened to be wondering.


:( :( :(




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest