Georgetown Law Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

What section are you?

1 (Curriculum A)
11
23%
2 (Curriculum A)
9
19%
3 (Curriculum B)
5
11%
4 (Curriculum A)
13
28%
5 (Curriculum A)
8
17%
7 (PT Program)
1
2%
 
Total votes: 47

User avatar
navykev
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:47 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby navykev » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 am

I know a lot of you are waiting around for scholarship emails and that's been the focus of the board lately but I figured I'd start throwing out cool DC stuff as I find it.

For those into physical fitness and the social side of physical fitness - the November Project is in DC. They are a grassroots organization - that do some really cools stuff - think pub crawl without the pubs and with exercise. :) They operate year round and in any weather. In DC, they meet every Wednesday at 5:30 and 6:30 am at the Lincoln Memorial steps. Kind of a cool way to stay in shape, meet some like-minded fitness folks and get to know DC while burning some calories.

http://november-project.com/washington-dc/

User avatar
WeeBey
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby WeeBey » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:18 am

You guys mailed the intent to enroll form right? Is it possible to sumit out electronically? I'm just worried they haven't recieved it

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:19 am

WeeBey wrote:You guys mailed the intent to enroll form right? Is it possible to sumit out electronically? I'm just worried they haven't recieved it


you can email it

User avatar
navykev
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:47 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby navykev » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:20 am

WeeBey wrote:You guys mailed the intent to enroll form right? Is it possible to sumit out electronically? I'm just worried they haven't recieved it


I scanned mine in and emailed it to admissions.

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:25 am

navykev wrote:I know a lot of you are waiting around for scholarship emails and that's been the focus of the board lately but I figured I'd start throwing out cool DC stuff as I find it.

For those into physical fitness and the social side of physical fitness - the November Project is in DC. They are a grassroots organization - that do some really cools stuff - think pub crawl without the pubs and with exercise. :) They operate year round and in any weather. In DC, they meet every Wednesday at 5:30 and 6:30 am at the Lincoln Memorial steps. Kind of a cool way to stay in shape, meet some like-minded fitness folks and get to know DC while burning some calories.

http://november-project.com/washington-dc/


I've been meaning to go!!

User avatar
navykev
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:47 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby navykev » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:32 am

accessislife wrote:
navykev wrote:I know a lot of you are waiting around for scholarship emails and that's been the focus of the board lately but I figured I'd start throwing out cool DC stuff as I find it.

For those into physical fitness and the social side of physical fitness - the November Project is in DC. They are a grassroots organization - that do some really cools stuff - think pub crawl without the pubs and with exercise. :) They operate year round and in any weather. In DC, they meet every Wednesday at 5:30 and 6:30 am at the Lincoln Memorial steps. Kind of a cool way to stay in shape, meet some like-minded fitness folks and get to know DC while burning some calories.

http://november-project.com/washington-dc/


I've been meaning to go!!


Been in Virginia Beach a few times - lots of fun! I heard nothing compares to the DC events though. Excited to try!

User avatar
Jessicakes90
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Jessicakes90 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:30 pm

navykev wrote:I know a lot of you are waiting around for scholarship emails and that's been the focus of the board lately but I figured I'd start throwing out cool DC stuff as I find it.

For those into physical fitness and the social side of physical fitness - the November Project is in DC. They are a grassroots organization - that do some really cools stuff - think pub crawl without the pubs and with exercise. :) They operate year round and in any weather. In DC, they meet every Wednesday at 5:30 and 6:30 am at the Lincoln Memorial steps. Kind of a cool way to stay in shape, meet some like-minded fitness folks and get to know DC while burning some calories.

http://november-project.com/washington-dc/


This looks awesome, thanks for sharing!

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:34 pm

just withdrew, and a sizable chunk of $ is back in the pot.

go to el centro happy hour for the margs when you come to dc.

User avatar
Jessicakes90
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Jessicakes90 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Also great to check out, Jazz in the Garden. Such a nice way to spend an evening.

http://dc.about.com/od/concerts/a/JazzinGarden.htm

Can't wait to move back to DC!

User avatar
navykev
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:47 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby navykev » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:Also great to check out, Jazz in the Garden. Such a nice way to spend an evening.

http://dc.about.com/od/concerts/a/JazzinGarden.htm

Can't wait to move back to DC!


Nice!

JamaicanSaiyan8
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:36 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby JamaicanSaiyan8 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:29 pm

does a person have to withdraw from all other schools if they sign/accept the scholarship?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Hand » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:31 pm

JamaicanSaiyan8 wrote:does a person have to withdraw from all other schools if they sign/accept the scholarship?


no, only if you sign the accompanying tuition deposit waiver form

hearsay77
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby hearsay77 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:33 pm

So did anyone else hear about their scholarships yesterday or just one person? Still waiting over here...

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Gray » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:34 pm

hearsay77 wrote:Still waiting over here...

+1 (impatiently)

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby tuxedocat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Gray wrote:
hearsay77 wrote:Still waiting over here...

+1 (impatiently)


+1 srsly

User avatar
Dipper
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Dipper » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Fingers crossed for you guys!

Sent in my deposit waiver form today. Feels weird....

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kray
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby kray » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:01 pm

The basement situation is super common, seems like it offers a good way to live for relatively cheap in more expensive neighborhoods. Some are "more" underground than others / offer more or less window space, and I think it also depends in part on getting along with the owners (since they're usually living above you). Definitely a situation where you want to go see the place first, but definitely a legit living situation as long as you don't mind the limited windows. We toured a bunch of them while looking for apartments but ended up deciding we'd rather be above ground.

User avatar
accessislife
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby accessislife » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:05 pm

Dipper wrote:Fingers crossed for you guys!

Sent in my deposit waiver form today. Feels weird....


totally feels weird - anticlimactic even - i think i breathed deeply for the first time in MONTHS

User avatar
lnick93
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby lnick93 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Just withdrew- fingers crossed one of you gets my $$.

Good luck and enjoy DC!

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

thatssoraven
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby thatssoraven » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:21 pm

lnick93 wrote:Just withdrew- fingers crossed one of you gets my $$.

Good luck and enjoy DC!

+1

Have fun you guys!

User avatar
Jessicakes90
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby Jessicakes90 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:51 pm

So, apparently we have access to both the Law Center gym and the undergrad campus gym. Has anyone seen either of these?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
navykev
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:47 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018

Postby navykev » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:21 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:So, apparently we have access to both the Law Center gym and the undergrad campus gym. Has anyone seen either of these?


Worked out at the law center gym during the first ASW- state of the art facility. I went at about 7pm and there wasn't a soul in there.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest