. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Malta

New

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018 - Con Law Professors?

Post by Malta » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Gray wrote:
Malta wrote:Question for Section 2 and 4: Who are listed as Con Law professors on your schedule?
Section 2 is Viet Dinh in spring - https://www.law.georgetown.edu/faculty/dinh-viet-d.cfm
Thanks Gray!

Anyone have Randy Barnett as an option for Con Law?

kray

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2018 - Section Assignments now on ASW

Post by kray » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:39 pm

JTIII wrote:Seriously? Am I not as behind as I thought?
Housing market moves super quick in DC compared to other cities -- most places won't list until 30-60 days out. So if you're looking for a place for Aug 1, I'd recommend being in DC June 30/July1/July2 to do crazy-apartment-hunt. That's just if you're looking for smaller buildings / privately owned places and Craigslist hunting, like I did. For the bigger buildings I think it's more flexible because you can see similar units in advance.

JTIII

New

Post by JTIII » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:26 am

Post Removed
Last edited by JTIII on Tue May 24, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:34 pm

So I'm trying to figure out exactly what day to plan on getting to campus in the fall...I know orientation starts Monday, Aug.24th, but does anyone know if Gewirz opens a few days earlier? Would be nice to start moving in a day or two before orientation starts.

edit: dug a little deeper and found the info here if anyone else needs it: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-li ... mation.cfm

Picosaurus

New

Post by Picosaurus » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Post Removed.
Last edited by Picosaurus on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wowchromosome

New

Post by wowchromosome » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:53 am

FIN AID question: Do we have to formally accept an award somewhere? The MyAccess page says there should be a button, but then I recall reading in the award email that there was a separate place to accept the award.... Uncertain how to proceed now. Also, does anyone know how work study functions as part of the aid?

gjohnson

New

Post by gjohnson » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:34 am

It's been a while since I bought textbooks (like pre-Internet era) - what's the best way to go about doing it nowadays? Amazon?

Or is there some wholesaler somewhere that sells them dirt cheap?

supersplittysplitter

Bronze

Post by supersplittysplitter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:13 pm

wowchromosome wrote:FIN AID question: Do we have to formally accept an award somewhere? The MyAccess page says there should be a button, but then I recall reading in the award email that there was a separate place to accept the award.... Uncertain how to proceed now. Also, does anyone know how work study functions as part of the aid?
somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you fill out the blue application to accept loans?

spencermcmanus

New

Post by spencermcmanus » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:25 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:
wowchromosome wrote:FIN AID question: Do we have to formally accept an award somewhere? The MyAccess page says there should be a button, but then I recall reading in the award email that there was a separate place to accept the award.... Uncertain how to proceed now. Also, does anyone know how work study functions as part of the aid?
somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you fill out the blue application to accept loans?
Yes, fill out the Blue Application after you've done all of the counseling and MPNs on the federal loan site.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Triangle

New

Post by Triangle » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:05 pm

How important is it to buy the most recent editions of course materials? Older editions are obviously much cheaper, but I wonder if springing for them might just cause confusion down the line...

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Triangle wrote:How important is it to buy the most recent editions of course materials? Older editions are obviously much cheaper, but I wonder if springing for them might just cause confusion down the line...
Def buy the most recent editions for civ pro and con law, otherwise maybe it won't be a big deal. However buying used books and selling them back really isn't that expensive.

EzraFitz

Silver

Post by EzraFitz » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:29 am

gjohnson wrote:It's been a while since I bought textbooks (like pre-Internet era) - what's the best way to go about doing it nowadays? Amazon?

Or is there some wholesaler somewhere that sells them dirt cheap?
I had a professor swear by bookfinder's textbook isbn search, and it definitely was the cheapest for me every time (even when it pointed to amazon).

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Over/under that the offer of renting "a private area we prepared in the livingroom" that is "not technically a room" for $1,200 a month that was posted by the admin in the facebook group is actually a clever ploy to make Gewirz look more attractive to incoming students?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 pm

So we're still waiting for tuition payment info, right? I know it's due on Jul 27th, but I haven't seen anything related to tuition on MyAccess yet. Gray, I'm counting on you to keep me updated.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:01 am

Hand wrote:Over/under that the offer of renting "a private area we prepared in the livingroom" that is "not technically a room" for $1,200 a month that was posted by the admin in the facebook group is actually a clever ploy to make Gewirz look more attractive to incoming students?
A bunch of people actually do this.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:13 am

BmoreOrLess wrote:
Hand wrote:Over/under that the offer of renting "a private area we prepared in the livingroom" that is "not technically a room" for $1,200 a month that was posted by the admin in the facebook group is actually a clever ploy to make Gewirz look more attractive to incoming students?
That's depressing. Especially if they pay $1,200 a month for the privilege of renting a not-a-room.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

swazzy

New

Post by swazzy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:54 am

CaptainJapan wrote:So we're still waiting for tuition payment info, right? I know it's due on Jul 27th, but I haven't seen anything related to tuition on MyAccess yet. Gray, I'm counting on you to keep me updated.
I'm assuming loans will auto-disburse to the school then we get the leftovers?

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Hand wrote:
BmoreOrLess wrote:
That's depressing. Especially if they pay $1,200 a month for the privilege of renting a not-a-room.
What's depressing is paying like $1500 to live in a dorm room (Gewirz). Gewirz is beneficial for the social aspect, but man is it a rip off.

GULCPerson

Bronze

Post by GULCPerson » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:31 pm

swazzy wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:So we're still waiting for tuition payment info, right? I know it's due on Jul 27th, but I haven't seen anything related to tuition on MyAccess yet. Gray, I'm counting on you to keep me updated.
I'm assuming loans will auto-disburse to the school then we get the leftovers?
Yes, but the disbursement to you is not automatic. When the loans show up in the Student Account Services website, you have to "request a refund" or something like that. Keep an eye out.

navykev

Bronze

Post by navykev » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Got a question - so I am looking at my tuition bill and my scholarship isn't deducted from the tuition yet. Is this the norm - or are scholarships showing up as deducted from anyone else's tuition bill?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:48 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
Really?

Hey guys, I have a deal for you: there's a closet in my basement I'm willing to rent for the LOW price of $900 per month. It's small, terrifying, and currently occupied by several dire spiders. But at least it has a door unlike these 'non-room private areas' being advertised.

You have to provide your own spider repellant - non-negotiable.

navykev

Bronze

Post by navykev » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:25 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:
Hey guys, I have a deal for you: there's a closet in my basement I'm willing to rent for the LOW price of $900 per month. It's small, terrifying, and currently occupied by several dire spiders. But at least it has a door unlike these 'non-room private areas' being advertised.

You have to provide your own spider repellant - non-negotiable.
Sold!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:57 pm

navykev wrote:Got a question - so I am looking at my tuition bill and my scholarship isn't deducted from the tuition yet. Is this the norm - or are scholarships showing up as deducted from anyone else's tuition bill?
Same problem here

motoman92

New

Post by motoman92 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Hand wrote:
navykev wrote:Got a question - so I am looking at my tuition bill and my scholarship isn't deducted from the tuition yet. Is this the norm - or are scholarships showing up as deducted from anyone else's tuition bill?
Same problem here
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”