This thread is for those who have been admitted to UVA Law's c/o 2018. Congratulations!
Big thank you to RCO for creating last year's thread! I basically just copy/pasted it here:
Much of the information in this OP is directly from The University of Virginia School of Law admissions website, and links to the source of the information are in orange where applicable. I will update the OP with more information as it becomes available.
- • Sept. 2 – FlexApp available via LSAC
• Jan. 1, 2015 – Financial Aid Office begins accepting FAFSA and Need Access
• Feb. 14 – Priority FAFSA filing deadline
• March 1 – Application deadline to receive decision by April 15
• March 1 – Financial Aid awarding via Student Info System (SIS) begins
• March 19-20 – Admitted student open house
• April 21 – Initial deposit deadline (make deposit)
• June 1 – Second deposit deadline (make deposit)
• Mid-July – Fall semester bills distributed
• Early August – Student parking lottery sign-up (D3 Lot)
• Mid-August – Fall semester bill payment due
• 3rd Monday in August – 1L orientation
• End of August – New student health forms due
- • All students are required to have health insurance either through a parent or independently.
• Students will receive information regarding the official UVA plan in July from the Law School.
• Enrollment deadline under the official UVA students plan is October 1st.
• The UVA-endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan is offered through The Chickering Group
- • All students who wish to be considered for financial aid must complete the Need Access Application.
• FAFSA Suggested Filing Date for Entering Students: February 20, 2013.
• Link to FAFSA
• List of External Scholarships
Admitted Students Open House
- • Thursday, March 19 - Friday, March 20
• More information to follow
- • University of Virginia Housing Office (434) 924-6873
• Housing is available in the Range for single students.
• Housing is available in University Gardens and Copeley Hill for married students or students with families.
• There are a few options for off-grounds housing resources including:
- • Law & Darden Off-Grounds Housing Site
• The Off-Grounds Housing Office
• Monticello Avenue Housing Page
• The classifieds can also be a valuable resource at:
- • Flex Dollars are a good substitute for carrying cash and saves you money by not charging sales tax on any food purchase. The initial deposit is $200 and you may add funds by visiting the Flex Account Registration and UVA Dining site.
• Sidley Austin Café is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Greenberry's Coffee Bar is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Stone Dining Room is open Monday through Friday 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. for reservations call (434) 243-8921
• Off-Grounds Dining
- • Shopping Centers
• Drug Stores
• Book Stores
• Dry Cleaning & Laundry
• Post Offices
• Most importantly, Sporting Goods to go pick up your new softball bat
• And many, many more
Things To Do
- • Art Galleries & Museums
• Day & Evening Activities
• Historical Sites
• Camping & Hiking
• Civil War Sites
• Performing Arts
• Sports & Recreation
UVA Law Class of 2018 Facebook Page
Again, congratulations! Hope to see you all in Charlottesville next Fall!