May 11th webinar with very successful 1Ls at YLS, Northwestern, Emory, Howard and Suffolk Forum

Special forum where professionals are encouraged to help law school applicants, students, and graduates.
LawPreview

New

May 11th webinar with very successful 1Ls at YLS, Northwestern, Emory, Howard and Suffolk

Post by LawPreview » Mon May 09, 2016 11:23 am

On Wednesday May 11, 2016 (8PM EST), Law Preview will be hosting a webinar with a panel of students who did remarkably well during their 1L year. Learn from these students what to expect during law school and the strategies they used to excel.

If you have specific questions you'd like the moderator to ask during webinar, feel free to add them to this thread.

To REGISTER for this free webinar, visit: http://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1181906/DC8 ... 9C73F614B6

PANELISTS
- Matthew C., Suffolk University School of Law 3L [Ranked #1 and heading to BigLaw next fall]
- Shanan E., Northwestern University School of Law, 1L
- Nyamagaga G., Yale Law School, 1L
- Chelsie H., Emory University School of Law, 1L
- Khaair M., Howard University School of Law, 1L

LawPreview

New

Re: May 11th webinar with very successful 1Ls at YLS, Northwestern, Emory, Howard and Suffolk

Post by LawPreview » Wed May 11, 2016 9:23 am

Get your questions in for tonights webinar!

kellyfrost

Platinum

Re: May 11th webinar with very successful 1Ls at YLS, Northwestern, Emory, Howard and Suffolk

Post by kellyfrost » Wed May 11, 2016 9:33 am

What was the lowest grade you received 1L year and in which course? If you could take that class over again, what would you do differently?

Were you a "gunner?" If so, describe what you did to "gun" and what type of "gunning" worked most effectively. If you were not a "gunner," why not?
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Wed May 11, 2016 10:25 am

How can you know you excelled during 1L if you haven't gotten Spring semester grades yet?

LawPreview

New

Post by LawPreview » Wed May 11, 2016 11:28 am

Mullens wrote:How can you know you excelled during 1L if you haven't gotten Spring semester grades yet?
One of the panelists is a 3L and the other four did extremely well in the fall semester.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawPreview

New

Post by LawPreview » Wed May 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Webinar starts in 25 minutes.

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Wed May 11, 2016 8:28 pm

LawPreview wrote:
Mullens wrote:How can you know you excelled during 1L if you haven't gotten Spring semester grades yet?
One of the panelists is a 3L and the other four did extremely well in the fall semester.
Um, I hate to be "that guy:, but you are aware that the people on this forum tend to be pretty knowledgeable, right? Everyone here knows Yale Law School does not have grades first semester. You literally cannot earn anything other than credit in all of your first semester courses there. So, while I'm sure Nyamagaga is plenty intelligent, it's a bit disingenuous to have them on that panel, considering you're using them to demonstrate how great your program is, and he/she could not have done extremely well fall semester. Almost seems like you just want a YLS student there to name drop...

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Here's a bit of constructive criticism, Barbri - whoever greenlit the expansion of barbri services into law preview, and then came up with its implementation is fucking up.

You're risking returns on bar prep which (1) has a bigger market and (2) you have commanding market share in favor of expanding into something that (1) has a miniscule market, (2) has a shitty reputation - seriously from all accounts your preview instructors have from all accounts been SHIT, and (3) dilutes your brand.

Someone like me, a prospective bar-prep customer, sees your expansion into law preview comes to two conclusions:
1) You're greedy as fuck. It's not enough that you gouge the consumer with respect to the competition in terms of bar prep, you're going to now charge 0L's tons of money for something that is worthless. You're not charging based on the value of the product but rather on the lack of the customer's information.

2) Being greedy as fuck is unsettling and turns me off using Barbri at its exorbitant prices. Sure the bar pass track record is phenomenal and you've got a great bar prep product but the greed displayed in you all pushing law preview brings the question of diminishing returns into question and how much your price disparity is value and how much is it that you're capitalizing on my lack of information. I mean you're just selling materials. I still have to cram for it. Themis can compile black letter law - there's nothing intrinsic or novel about your methodology that signals to me that it's worth the premium.

So I logged in for about 2 minutes. It's shit. Some girl just gave the gem of an advice that "an outline is your brain on paper." And the moderator is... not smooth. "Did you guys follow the schedule we gave you in law preview? Did you find that helpful?"

Long answer to get to: "no. everything is situational."

"oh. very smart."

Come on moderator, what were you expecting him to say?

The fact that this lasts for an hour is absurd.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Free Help and Advice from Professionals”