Assistant U.S. Attorney (OH): Prosecuting [Federal] Drug Laws
Download this Episode
Subscribe on iTunes | RSS Feed
Or get updates @LSTUpdates or in our monthly newsletter
This episode is presented by The United States Air Force Judge Advocate General's Corp.
Don't make a federal case of it! Or do. That's a choice left to attorneys for the United States Government.
In this episode, Assistant U.S. Attorney and Cleveland-Marshall College of Law alumnus Mike Hunter details his role in the criminal justice system. From 4th Amendment advice for federal agents making a bust to deciding which cases to take, when to seek indictments, and who to make plea agreements with, Mike tells us how he makes choices in pursuit of justice.
This episode is hosted by Debby Merritt, a law professor at Ohio State University. It is sponsored by Barbri Law Preview and Top-Law-Schools.com.
- The United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of Ohio
- Department of Justice: U.S. Attorneys' Guidelines
- U.S. District of Maryland: Handbook for Federal Grand Jurors
- Wikipedia: CSI Effect
- U.S. Constitution, Amendment IV
- Episode 0: Introduction to I Am The Law, a Series of Interviews
- Episode 1: Family Law (MA): Mediation, Conciliation, Litigation, and Guardian Ad Litem for Child Custody, Divorces, etc. [Small Firm]
- Episode 2: Personal Injury (TN): Settlement Negotiation for Vehicle Collision Plaintiffs While Confronting Sexism [Solo Practice]
- Episode 3: Patent Law (CA): Litigating and Prosecuting Patents at a [Large Firm]
- Episode 4: Public Defender (GA): Representing Alleged Criminals Who Can't Afford a Lawyer [Government]
- Episode 5: Real Estate Law (NC): Residential Home Transactions [Solo Practice]
- Episode 6: Administrative Appeals (CA): Obtaining Writs of Mandamus to Assist Aggrieved Government Employees [Solo Practice]
- Episode 7: Immigration Law (TX): Navigating the Administrative Maze for Immigrant Clients and Their Families [Small Firm]
- Episode 8: Running a Transactional Legal Services NGO for 501(c)(3)'s
- Episode 9: e-Discovery (OH): Reviewing Electronic Documents for Litigation Support at a [Large Firm]
- Episode 10: Personal Injury (LA): Representing Medical Malpractice Plaintiffs [Solo Practice]
- Episode 11: State [Government] Counsel (TN): Health Policy and Medical Professional Prosecutions
- Episode 12: Maritime Injury (WA): Making Sea Workers Whole [Small Firm]
- Episode 13: Suing Debt Collectors (MN): Consumer Protection Federal Litigation [Small Firm]
- Episode 14: Criminal Defense (VT): Pleas, Fees, and Justice [Small Firm]
- Episode 15: Corporate Healthcare at a Chicago [Large Firm] (IL)