e-Discovery (OH): Reviewing Electronic Documents for Litigation Support at a [Large Firm]
Download this Episode
Subscribe on iTunes | RSS Feed
Or get updates @LSTUpdates or in our monthly newsletter
Biglaw is changing. America's largest firms are experimenting with a variety of attorney tracks with less pay, fewer hours, and different expectations. Among the pioneers is WilmerHale, one of the largest law firms in the world. As part of the firm's larger effort to reduce overhead expenses, WilmerHale DiscoverySolutions -- located in Dayton, Ohio -- provides litigation support for WilmerHale attorneys around the country.
Nat Croumer, a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, is the Discovery Attorney Administrative Manager for the WilmerHale DiscoverySolutions team. He's responsible for managing the firm's discovery attorneys. In this role, he oversees coaching and career development, hiring, personnel matters, budgeting and finance, and marketing of the group.
In this episode, we learn about the discovery process, as well as how Nat's team fits into the big picture at WilmerHale. Electronic document discovery, or e-Discovery, may not be sexy, but it is essential to modern civil litigation.
This episode is hosted by Debby Merritt, a law professor at Ohio State University.
- Nat Croumer Bio
- WilmerHale DiscoverySolutions: Home Page
- Association for Information and Image Management: What is e-Discovery?
- ABA Young Lawyer: Should you take a (contract) document review job?
- Greedy Associates: Just what is document review?
- Episode 0: Introduction to I Am The Law, a Series of Interviews
- Episode 1: Family Law (MA): Mediation, Conciliation, Litigation, and Guardian Ad Litem for Child Custody, Divorces, etc. [Small Firm]
- Episode 2: Personal Injury (TN): Settlement Negotiation for Vehicle Collision Plaintiffs While Confronting Sexism [Solo Practice]
- Episode 3: Patent Law (CA): Litigating and Prosecuting Patents at a [Large Firm]
- Episode 4: Public Defender (GA): Representing Alleged Criminals Who Can't Afford a Lawyer [Government]
- Episode 5: Real Estate Law (NC): Residential Home Transactions [Solo Practice]
- Episode 6: Administrative Appeals (CA): Obtaining Writs of Mandamus to Assist Aggrieved Government Employees [Solo Practice]
- Episode 7: Immigration Law (TX): Navigating the Administrative Maze for Immigrant Clients and Their Families [Small Firm]
- Episode 8: Running a Transactional Legal Services NGO for 501(c)(3)'s