Immigration Law (TX): Navigating the Administrative Maze Forum

Special forum where professionals are encouraged to help law school applicants, students, and graduates.
LST Radio

New

Immigration Law (TX): Navigating the Administrative Maze

Post by LST Radio » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:01 am

I Am The Law is the inaugural podcast produced by Law School Transparency for LST Radio.

Immigration Law (TX): Navigating the Administrative Maze for Immigrant Clients and Their Families [Small Firm]

Download this Episode
[url=itms://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/i-am-the-law/id955634521]Subscribe on iTunes[/url] | RSS Feed
LSTRadio.com
Or get updates @LSTUpdates or in our monthly newsletter

Deportation can rip families apart, and it's up to immigration lawyers to help individuals seek relief under the law. The job is pressure-filled and has high stakes. In this episode, immigration attorney and St. Mary's University School of Law graduate Manuel Escobar discusses his experience representing people whose livelihoods are on the line.

As Manuel tells us, an essential part of his practice is interacting with clients during "intake" sessions. Manuel spends a portion of every day interviewing clients, some of whom are petitioning for family members or are interested in learning how the law can affect them. Other clients are battling deportation and are desperate for help. "We have clients whose backs are against the wall," Manuel explains. "There is a lot at stake with immigration."

Manuel addresses some key questions pertinent to immigration law. What options are available to those seeking relief from deportation? How does an immigration attorney prepare for hearings? What challenges do immigration lawyers face, and which strategies can help mitigate stress from work?

This week's episode is hosted by Debby Merritt, a law professor at the Ohio State University.

Episode Links Previous Episodes

jenesaislaw

Silver

Re: Immigration Law (TX): Navigating the Administrative Maze

Post by jenesaislaw » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:34 pm

I just programmed a podcast player/playlist on http://www.LSTRadio.com Pretty nifty, I'd say.

Return to “Free Help and Advice from Professionals”