New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Special forum where professionals are encouraged to help law school applicants, students, and graduates.
User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 am

If I score a 180

If I believe
in a perfect score be sure
of this
it is
because you have loved me,
Christine and Manhattan LSAT


-- E. E. El Jefe

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:10 am

eljefe1 wrote:If I score a 180

If I believe
in a perfect score be sure
of this
it is
because you have loved me,
Christine and Manhattan LSAT


-- E. E. El Jefe


Ok that's creepy

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:13 am

Isn't that the point of poetry, brah?

To rationalize being creepy.

Haters gonn hate
lovers gonn love
I don't even want
none of the above...

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:14 am

And if it is actually creepy, that means I nailed the E.E. Cummings smell test, right??

:mrgreen:

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:28 am

manillabay wrote:
eljefe1 wrote:If I score a 180

If I believe
in a perfect score be sure
of this
it is
because you have loved me,
Christine and Manhattan LSAT


-- E. E. El Jefe


Ok that's creepy



Hey, at least he got my name right. :mrgreen:

Bobzilla

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Bobzilla » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:52 am

running out, into

elle sat quiet-
ly, waiting for (patiently)
the strike of
dawn, graphite, completeness

rustling not feathers
but
minds (overcome with dreams)
stagnation aversion
perversion

e.e.

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:58 am

FINAL SUBMISSIONS DUE!!!!!

Use them poetry neurons, folks! It's now or never!!

EDITED: Okay, deadline is passed! We will pick the lucky winners later today!

In the meantime, feel free to critique each other's poems in an attempt to sway the judges! 8)

User avatar
law_dawg18

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby law_dawg18 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:30 pm

Christine (MLSAT) wrote:FINAL SUBMISSIONS DUE!!!!!

Use them poetry neurons, folks! It's now or never!!

EDITED: Okay, deadline is passed! We will pick the lucky winners later today!

In the meantime, feel free to critique each other's poems in an attempt to sway the judges! 8)


so like not following directions on the LSAT, do we lose points for not following the directions in the OP? I feel like it's the equivalent of bubbling multiple answers or writing an essay about your cat Mr.Snuggles when the writing sample prompt was to argue for/against pursuing a graduate degree. Writing samples may not be graded but admissions folks see them...

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:08 pm

OH Christine
later today has become tonight
when will we be able to share in the delight
of seeing what kind of RC en-light
that Manhattan LSAT can ignite?

User avatar
Nonconsecutive

Gold
Posts: 2398
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:21 pm

I realize the deadline has passed, but I wanted to try to write a haiku for fun

Missed haiku challenge
Thought all were being silly
My RC is fail

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:I realize the deadline has passed, but I wanted to try to write a haiku for fun

Missed haiku challenge
Thought all were being silly
My RC is fail


I already won. Eljefe is trying to beat me by being a ante gardey but he is failing. And your haiku...well... We will leave that one for the birds...

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:42 pm

manillabay wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:I realize the deadline has passed, but I wanted to try to write a haiku for fun

Missed haiku challenge
Thought all were being silly
My RC is fail


I already won. Eljefe is trying to beat me by being a ante gardey but he is failing. And your haiku...well... We will leave that one for the birds...



manillabay, I must call upon thee to immediately stop discrediting the heartfelt poetry of our fellow brethren and sistren, else I will be forced to defend their honour!

leteth this be thy only and lasteth warning!

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:44 pm

eljefe1 wrote:
manillabay wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:I realize the deadline has passed, but I wanted to try to write a haiku for fun

Missed haiku challenge
Thought all were being silly
My RC is fail


I already won. Eljefe is trying to beat me by being a ante gardey but he is failing. And your haiku...well... We will leave that one for the birds...



manillabay, I must call upon thee to immediately stop discrediting the heartfelt poetry of our fellow brethren and sistren, else I will be forced to defend their honour!

leteth this be thy only and lasteth warning!


What the fuck

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:46 pm

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you have all been waiting for! The following six winners will receive one of the two new books (contingent on their SOLEMN PINKY SWEAR to review the book here!):





For simplicity in poetry, and sheer honesty:
Mauve.Dino wrote:I hope that I get
a free book because I can't
afford the new one

:cry:



For willful blindness, and intense intentional naivete:
WaltGrace83 wrote:Reading. Boring now
But attorneys never read
Monotonous texts.........right?



For extraordinary obsequiousness in the face of peer pressure:
eljefe1 wrote:If I score a 180

If I believe
in a perfect score be sure
of this
it is
because you have loved me,
Christine and Manhattan LSAT


-- E. E. El Jefe



For the most specific passage references in a single haiku:
rebexness wrote:OH HAIKU TIME:

Oh dental caries
in those riddled basins flow
talk story times up



For rising to the challenge of the avant-garde:
Bobzilla wrote:running out, into

elle sat quiet-
ly, waiting for (patiently)
the strike of
dawn, graphite, completeness

rustling not feathers
but
minds (overcome with dreams)
stagnation aversion
perversion

e.e.



And finally, for sheer grotesqueness:
90convoy wrote:brain is now jello

seriously, I taste it

dripping through sinus



CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, and a heartfelt cheer for all who threw their hats in the ring! I will be in touch with each winner via PM to let you know which book you have won and work out the details of getting it to you!

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 pm

Christine (MLSAT) wrote:And now, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you have all been waiting for! The following six winners will receive one of the two new books (contingent on their SOLEMN PINKY SWEAR to review the book here!):





For simplicity in poetry, and sheer honesty:
Mauve.Dino wrote:I hope that I get
a free book because I can't
afford the new one

:cry:



For willful blindness, and intense intentional naivete:
WaltGrace83 wrote:Reading. Boring now
But attorneys never read
Monotonous texts.........right?



For extraordinary obsequiousness in the face of peer pressure:
eljefe1 wrote:If I score a 180

If I believe
in a perfect score be sure
of this
it is
because you have loved me,
Christine and Manhattan LSAT


-- E. E. El Jefe



For the most specific passage references in a single haiku:
rebexness wrote:OH HAIKU TIME:

Oh dental caries
in those riddled basins flow
talk story times up



For rising to the challenge of the avant-garde:
Bobzilla wrote:running out, into

elle sat quiet-
ly, waiting for (patiently)
the strike of
dawn, graphite, completeness

rustling not feathers
but
minds (overcome with dreams)
stagnation aversion
perversion

e.e.



And finally, for sheer grotesqueness:
90convoy wrote:brain is now jello

seriously, I taste it

dripping through sinus



CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, and a heartfelt cheer for all who threw their hats in the ring! I will be in touch with each winner via PM to let you know which book you have won and work out the details of getting it to you!


You seriously didn't give me a prize? Did you see how many I wrote. Holy crap

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 pm

I'm sorry, manillabay! There were so many submissions that were excellent, and we just don't have enough books to give out!!

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 pm

Hooray to Manhattan LSAT! Hooray to the participants! Hooray to the victors! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm never buying manhattan again

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:59 pm

manillabay wrote:I'm never buying manhattan again


To be fair, you may have lost a number of points for confusing me with BPLaura. :shock:


:P

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:01 pm

manillabay wrote:I'm never buying manhattan again



In civility thou seem'st so empty, manillabay.

rebexness

Gold
Posts: 4155
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby rebexness » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:53 am

Awe yeah. :mrgreen:

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby manillabay » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:55 am

rebexness wrote:Awe yeah. :mrgreen:


GTFO

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby eljefe1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:11 am

rebexness wrote:Awe yeah. :mrgreen:



THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYIN'!!!

User avatar
Mauve.Dino

Bronze
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 am

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby Mauve.Dino » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:08 am

OMFG, wow, thank you! I love you, Manhattan!!

You didn't have to do this, so I definitely appreciate it! :D

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby eljefe1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:13 pm

I wasn't even thinking of getting an RC guide for LSAT prep...

The 4th Edition RC guide is, how do I say it? Absolutely amazing. I consider myself a very strong reader, and frankly I did't think I would need this guide, let alone any RC guide, to help me prepare for the RC section. Well, if you feel this way, as I did, do yourself a favor: just get the damn book. I've only just skimmed the first few chapters and I've already gained so much valuable information, along with an ENTIRELY new way of approaching RC. From the very beginning of the guide, where the MLSAT tutors describe the method of "reading for the scale", I was hooked. Along with the awesome strategies, there are multiple "drill" sections where you can immediately test MLSAT's advice on legit LSAT RC passages and questions. Good stuff. No... GREAT STUFF!!!

Do yourself a favor and just get it. https://www.manhattanlsat.com/storeitem ... 61&catid=1

I'm even considering buying the logical reasoning guide. we shall see...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D



Return to “Free Help and Advice from Professionals�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests