New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Special forum where professionals are encouraged to help law school applicants, students, and graduates.
User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Twas the night before LSAT
was making some poems
should have been drilling some rc instead
oh Manhattan Laura, why did you do this me?
I don't even like poetry, yet look at me...
I hope you are happy Laura for what you have done
I am effectively screwed and will never forgive you

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Oh RC, RC
What one must do?
I drilled all the sci passages and averaged -12
I drilled all the hum passages and averaged -9
I drilled all the hist passages and averaged -8
I drilled all the law passages and averaged -11
Oh RC, RC how can I get a 176..
When you keep pounding me with a ton of red bricks..

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Oh RC, I try so hard to learn you
But every time I try, you sucker punch my ass
I wish it were true, that you did not cause me SNAFUs
But I would be in denial

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:43 pm

RC RC I often have to pee
while in the midst of a section, trying to breath
I drink lots of coffee and read really fast,
but your words and your terms
are just to balderdash
Please let me know if a diaper is needed
as I want to succeed
without embarrassing myself on test day

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:58 pm

manillabay wrote:Twas the night before LSAT
was making some poems
should have been drilling some rc instead
oh Manhattan Laura, why did you do this me?
I don't even like poetry, yet look at me...
I hope you are happy Laura for what you have done
I am effectively screwed and will never forgive you



I'm tempted to auto-fail you just for calling me Laura. :shock:



8)

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Christine (MLSAT) wrote:
manillabay wrote:Twas the night before LSAT
was making some poems
should have been drilling some rc instead
oh Manhattan Laura, why did you do this me?
I don't even like poetry, yet look at me...
I hope you are happy Laura for what you have done
I am effectively screwed and will never forgive you



I'm tempted to auto-fail you just for calling me Laura. :shock:



8)



OH Christine Christine
AT least I realized your name wasn’t Arlene
Your name’s so pristine that I thought it might be
something other than Christine
Please forgive me oh dear Christine
Your work is invaluable to my dreams
I hope for the sake of remaining pristine
That I never forget you, oh dear Chirstine

chrisnlis

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby chrisnlis » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:48 pm

.
Last edited by chrisnlis on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:53 pm

chrisnlis wrote:I have 2 entries:


Too old some tell me
Yet here, my application
Law at forty-six


LSAT study stress
Manhattan hike my score please
I sure could use it



My brain's already mush today, that's the best I can muster at the moment...


That is some EAP shit right there.

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:40 am

manillabay wrote:
Christine (MLSAT) wrote:
manillabay wrote:Twas the night before LSAT
was making some poems
should have been drilling some rc instead
oh Manhattan Laura, why did you do this me?
I don't even like poetry, yet look at me...
I hope you are happy Laura for what you have done
I am effectively screwed and will never forgive you



I'm tempted to auto-fail you just for calling me Laura. :shock:



8)



OH Christine Christine
AT least I realized your name wasn’t Arlene
Your name’s so pristine that I thought it might be
something other than Christine
Please forgive me oh dear Christine
Your work is invaluable to my dreams
I hope for the sake of remaining pristine
That I never forget you, oh dear Chirstine


There aren't too many things that rhyme with Christine, are there? I suppose I should be grateful you chose 'pristine' instead of 'Listerine'. :p

User avatar
Mauve.Dino

Bronze
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 am

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Mauve.Dino » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:07 am

I hope that I get
a free book because I can't
afford the new one

:cry:

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:45 am

I won't quibble about precision on syllable count (since, as someone pointed out, I ....<<ahem>>....didn't quite get it right the first time), but some of these feel closer to limericks than haikus!!

Now, if someone can do a truly convincing e e cummings version, that might be worth some bonus points.... :lol:

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:47 pm

chrisnlis wrote:I have 2 entries:


Removed...I have no idea what EAP is.


Edgar Allen Poe. Don't worry, it is probably better than half of mine.

Bobzilla

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Bobzilla » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Prions infect me
Only one effective cure
Manhattan RC

rebexness

Gold
Posts: 4155
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby rebexness » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Christine (MLSAT) wrote:
Now, if someone can do a truly convincing e e cummings version, that might be worth some bonus points.... :lol:


Depending on how slow my work day goes, this could happen :)

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Obamcare?
Medicare part D?
These things aren't for me..
What I need is
a beer and a section of RC
Oh, please, RC, please do find me

User avatar
mornincounselor

Silver
Posts: 1236
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Hey Christine!

Just have a couple questions for you.

I'm gonna be prepping for the Sept/Oct LSAT, and as such I'm obviously considering the ins and outs of all the available prep material out there.

What is it that differentiates "Manhattan LSAT" from say the "Powerscore" series or the "Fox LSAT" series? How many prep questions are in the Manhattan series as compared to the others? Basically: Why should I trust the newer "Manhattan LSAT" to sufficiently prep me over the tried and true "Powerscore"?

Thanks in advance!!

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:38 pm

eljefe eljefe
when will you learn that Manhattan is the bestay?
They teach you their skills and have leaders from the mills
they beat all their competitors and have bright shiny books
oh eljefe eljefe, when you will you learn...
that manhattan is going to help you get cheaper perms?

chrisnlis

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby chrisnlis » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Mauve.Dino wrote:I hope that I get
a free book because I can't
afford the new one

:cry:



This one gets my vote! 8)

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:45 pm

eljefe1 wrote:Hey Christine!

Just have a couple questions for you.

I'm gonna be prepping for the Sept/Oct LSAT, and as such I'm obviously considering the ins and outs of all the available prep material out there.

What is it that differentiates "Manhattan LSAT" from say the "Powerscore" series or the "Fox LSAT" series? How many prep questions are in the Manhattan series as compared to the others? Basically: Why should I trust the newer "Manhattan LSAT" to sufficiently prep me over the tried and true "Powerscore"?

Thanks in advance!!


Congrats on beginning your LSAT journey! It's a wild ride!

As for making choices between books, I obviously think our books are THE BESTEST!, but I have a lot of respect for the Powerscore Bibles as well. Both our books and theirs have gotten a lot of positive attention on this website, and there are a number of threads out there with the opinions of TLSers. Our books are pretty jammed full of not only a lot of LSAT questions, but kick-ass strategies, thought process breakdown, and wrong answer analysis.

I see that you sent me a PM at the same time you posted this, and I'll continue our conversation further via PM!

(Pssssst - submit a haiku, and you might get one of the books for free to see for yourself!)

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:46 pm

manillabay wrote:eljefe eljefe
when will you learn that Manhattan is the bestay?
They teach you their skills and have leaders from the mills
they beat all their competitors and have bright shiny books
oh eljefe eljefe, when you will you learn...
that manhattan is going to help you get cheaper perms?



I think I missed the interoffice memo regarding discount hair stylings! :mrgreen:

User avatar
eljefe1

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby eljefe1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Christine (MLSAT) wrote:
eljefe1 wrote:Hey Christine!

Just have a couple questions for you.

I'm gonna be prepping for the Sept/Oct LSAT, and as such I'm obviously considering the ins and outs of all the available prep material out there.

What is it that differentiates "Manhattan LSAT" from say the "Powerscore" series or the "Fox LSAT" series? How many prep questions are in the Manhattan series as compared to the others? Basically: Why should I trust the newer "Manhattan LSAT" to sufficiently prep me over the tried and true "Powerscore"?

Thanks in advance!!


Congrats on beginning your LSAT journey! It's a wild ride!

As for making choices between books, I obviously think our books are THE BESTEST!, but I have a lot of respect for the Powerscore Bibles as well. Both our books and theirs have gotten a lot of positive attention on this website, and there are a number of threads out there with the opinions of TLSers. Our books are pretty jammed full of not only a lot of LSAT questions, but kick-ass strategies, thought process breakdown, and wrong answer analysis.

I see that you sent me a PM at the same time you posted this, and I'll continue our conversation further via PM!

(Pssssst - submit a haiku, and you might get one of the books for free to see for yourself!)



Thanks for the response Christine, definitely might help make my decision!! :mrgreen: :D

I already submitted a haiku, but heres another:

Pencil in the left
and one in the right eye too,
No, RC can't kill me

User avatar
manillabay

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby manillabay » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Obama Obama
I am such a fan
But Obama Obama what was your LSAT score?
We asked Romney for his
and asked Sotomayer for hers
But where is yours, Mr. Obama?
We want to know in order to see
how good you did on the section RC
if you did good, then I'll give you some claps
but if you did bad, I'll be oh so mad
Obama Obama
please help with RC
Obama Obama, RC is not fun
your healthcare bill is making me want to be a nun

evolution

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby evolution » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:31 pm

You always taught me
Read for structure, not details
Thank you MLSAT
---
Fourth passage is dense
Words becoming a big blur
Thanks, annotation
---
Five paragraphs long
Hundred and ten lines total
Time to fake interest

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books Out! 4th Edition FTW!

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:50 am

Only TWO HOURS LEFT to get your super awesome haiku submissions in for the chance for either a free new Manhattan LSAT 4th Edition RC book or the new 10 Real LSATs Grouped by Question Type (with explanations!).

I still haven't seen a good e e cummings attempt, and have some bonus points sitting in reserve for something quality in that department!

Come on, you budding Plaths, Parkers, and Poes, show me what you've got!



Return to “Free Help and Advice from Professionals?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests