What Lsat score would I need for this school? Forum

This forum is designed to assist those who are looking at law schools outside the US. Please use this forum for these kinds of discussions.
The Avatar

Bronze

What Lsat score would I need for this school?

Post by The Avatar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm currently a 4th year student. My cGPA is currently at 3.58, with a 3.8 last 2 years.

This schools median GPA is 3.64 cGPA and median Lsat is 162.

This schools looks at cumulative GPA in its assessment of GPA. What Lsat score range would give me a good/strong chance of admission?

Ramius

Gold

Re: What Lsat score would I need for this school?

Post by Ramius » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:55 pm

162..................................................................................ish

use mylsn.info

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:57 pm

you should try to get the best LSAT score that you can get

concentrate on your GPA for the rest of the year, you're really close to breaking 3.6 and can probably do even better than that. once you graduate your GPA is set in stone, but your LSAT isn't.

McAvoy

Gold

Post by McAvoy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:58 pm

That's not the question you should be asking and that's not the way you should be looking at this situation.

The question you should be asking is: "what LSAT do I need to get a huge scholarship to this school so that it is not a potentially life destroying situation if I attend?" -- because most schools that have 162 LSAT medians have very bad employment statistics, and because you do not want to take on more debt than necessary because you did not put enough effort into your LSAT prep.

The way you should be looking at this situation: "I should put as much effort as possible to get as close to 180 as I can."

The Avatar

Bronze

Post by The Avatar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:00 pm

McAvoy wrote:That's not the question you should be asking and that's not the way you should be looking at this situation.

The question you should be asking is: "what LSAT do I need to get a huge scholarship to this school so that it is not a potentially life destroying situation if I attend?" -- because most schools that have 162 LSAT medians have very bad employment statistics, and because you do not want to take on more debt than necessary because you did not put enough effort into your LSAT prep.

The way you should be looking at this situation: "I should put as much effort as possible to get as close to 180 as I can."
Oh, it's one of the top Canadian schools. Lsat isn't as important here. I've worked hard for the Lsat but want to get a general opinion of what score I would need in case I need to re-write, be comfortable, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 pm

The Avatar wrote:
McAvoy wrote:That's not the question you should be asking and that's not the way you should be looking at this situation.

Oh, it's one of the top Canadian schools. Lsat isn't as important here. I've worked hard for the Lsat but want to get a general opinion of what score I would need in case I need to re-write, be comfortable, etc.
Thanks for specifying this upfront.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:09 pm

As for range, anywhere from 162 to 180 should do the trick.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:13 pm

McAvoy

Gold

Post by McAvoy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:16 pm

The Avatar wrote:

Ah, you are in the wrong forum: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=42

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:18 pm

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Is UT's median 162? Generally, the schools with 162 medians are poor deals when you consider how little of a difference there is in people with a 162 and 172 from an intelligence standpoint, and how big of a difference there is in job placement from the respective schools. The idea of going to a lesser school and being the top dog has limited support in general, but it isn't that much easier to do at Fordham than it is at NYU.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:29 pm

The Avatar

Bronze

Post by The Avatar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:37 pm

smccgrey wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:Is UT's median 162? Generally, the schools with 162 medians are poor deals when you consider how little of a difference there is in people with a 162 and 172 from an intelligence standpoint, and how big of a difference there is in job placement from the respective schools. The idea of going to a lesser school and being the top dog has limited support in general, but it isn't that much easier to do at Fordham than it is at NYU.
Lol at jumping in with dat convetional wisdom. In this case, UT is its University of Toronto not Texas (#1 in Canada, best employment stats for sure)

Admissions works very differently in Canada... we don't treat the LSAT the same way at all. Much more weight goes to GPA in most cases.

I think McGill's median is 162, but it's a partially francophone school so they don't require the LSAT and hardly consider the score if you do have one. Which is why median GPA is higher than Yale.
McGill requires you to be bilingual in French so I am not applying there. The school is Osgoode Hall; my chances at U of T aren't great. In Canada the best law schools are considered to be U of T, Osgoode, McGill, UBC.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:28 am

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm

I don't know enough about the Canadian job market to speak intelligently.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Non-US Law Schools Forum”