feb 2020 DC bar exam thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawschoolgrindr

New

feb 2020 DC bar exam thread

Postby Lawschoolgrindr » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:38 am

I first took the UBE in NY in jul 2017, but didn't pass. I've been working the JD advantage angle since but now am gearing up to retake this coming feb (2020) in DC.

I've been trying to figure out the DC bar exam registration site, they say registration opens in november, but I don't see any way to sign up to take the exam... the NY Bole site was pretty self explanatory and I feel a little silly not being able to figure out how to even register to take the DC bar ... any tips on how to just navigate registering online to take the DC bar would be appreciated. :oops:

goodkarma56

New

Re: feb 2020 DC bar exam thread

Postby goodkarma56 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:28 pm

The Admissions FAQ PDF indicates that the first step is creating a user account on the Committee on Admissions webpage (see here). However, I can't seem to find the "create account" link on their webpage. Perhaps you should give them a call on Monday?

Lawschoolgrindr

New

Postby Lawschoolgrindr » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:02 pm

goodkarma56 wrote:The Admissions FAQ PDF indicates that the first step is creating a user account on the Committee on Admissions webpage (see here). However, I can't seem to find the "create account" link on their webpage. Perhaps you should give them a call on Monday?

I did give them a call, thanks for the suggestion. turns out i wasn't the only one that had called them, lol. For anyone interested, the application to take the exam is up: https://www.dccourts.gov/sites/default/ ... y-2020.pdf
looks like DC requires C&F to be submitted at the same time as application to sit for the bar, (Dec 15, 2019) so gotta get on that!

If anyone else is studying for the feb 2020 exam while working ft and wants an accountability (virtual) study buddy DM me. I really don't want to have to retake this exam ever again, so am trying a bunch of different study methods this time around (accountability buddy included).

goodkarma56

New

Postby goodkarma56 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Lawschoolgrindr wrote:
goodkarma56 wrote:The Admissions FAQ PDF indicates that the first step is creating a user account on the Committee on Admissions webpage (see here). However, I can't seem to find the "create account" link on their webpage. Perhaps you should give them a call on Monday?

I did give them a call, thanks for the suggestion. turns out i wasn't the only one that had called them, lol. For anyone interested, the application to take the exam is up: https://www.dccourts.gov/sites/default/ ... y-2020.pdf
looks like DC requires C&F to be submitted at the same time as application to sit for the bar, (Dec 15, 2019) so gotta get on that!

If anyone else is studying for the feb 2020 exam while working ft and wants an accountability (virtual) study buddy DM me. I really don't want to have to retake this exam ever again, so am trying a bunch of different study methods this time around (accountability buddy included).

Good deal. Their website is very tricky to navigate, so I'm glad you called and got that information. Good luck on the exam!

Lawstudent312

New

Postby Lawstudent312 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 pm

Thank you and good luck

dcbar2020

New

Postby dcbar2020 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:18 pm

I am working full time and will be taking the DC bar exam in February as well. I'd like an accountability study partner. Are you located in the DMV?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�