BARBRI v THEMIS

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
StopLawying

Silver

BARBRI v THEMIS

Postby StopLawying » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:05 am

Know this question has been asked a million times but I would appreciate if recent graduates can chime in.

I'd like to sign up for one of the courses within the next week. Firm will be covering cost FWIW.

TIA.

Lawman1865

New

Re: BARBRI v THEMIS

Postby Lawman1865 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:40 am

StopLawying wrote:Know this question has been asked a million times but I would appreciate if recent graduates can chime in.

I'd like to sign up for one of the courses within the next week. Firm will be covering cost FWIW.

TIA.

As you said this question has been asked a lot, pretty much every cycle. You can find plenty of information from very recently, especially considering the format has not necessarily changed all that much in the last couple years from what I understand. I don't think it's necessary to have it explained again since it doesn't seem like a special situation/you're not giving details such as pondering a specific concern regarding one of the programs. With that said maybe another user has the time to go through the pros and cons.

Ultimately, it's mostly about just putting in the time and actually doing the work. Assuming you finish at least 75% of the course, both offer very good pass rate stats and while Barbri is older and more well-known, Themis is definitely similar in their quality. You can't go wrong either way, both will have the tools to succeed. It mostly comes down to certain quirks/preferences, which you can find out more about on one of the many threads discussing the two programs.

As an aside, I would also suggest, although I personally didn't purchase them, getting the Critical Pass flashcards, which a lot of people found very helpful. Good luck

Thom

New

Postby Thom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:15 am

I fully agree with the comment on critical flash cards. Odds are that OP already took the MPRE but since all the bar exam prep companies (including tiny never heard of ones) offer free mpre prep lectures/books/etc I recommend getting a feel for the companies that way. Everyone has their own style preference. Basically it's a free sample size trial of each to see what you prefer before investing.

SilvermanBarPrep

Partner

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Try to figure out exactly what you're hoping to get from a course. Ultimately, all of these bar-review courses are quite similar but there will be slight differences among them. If it turns out that one of those differences is actually significant to you, the decision will be far easier!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�