August 2019 MPRE

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ncheerharan

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby ncheerharan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:01 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:
yennem wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:
yennem wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:Are we allowed to discuss questions?


No. That's one of the things you promised not to do when you took the ethics exam.


Lol literally written on the exam itself


Well pardon me. I was one of those lucky ones who was randomly selected to test at a Pearson center, so perhaps that’s why it wasn’t as “sticky.”



How was it?


Didn’t love it. I would have preferred a pencil and paper.

I went through the online tutorial beforehand, but didn’t realize until halfway through the actual exam that clicking your mouse anywhere on the text of an answer selects the corresponding radio button. So I’m a little concerned I may have inadvertently changed some responses.

I was actually looking forward to using a Scantron sheet for the first time in about 6 years...


I'm having the same exact panic. I caught it a couple of times that it happened and fixed it, but now I'm concerned as to how many questions out there did it happen where I wasnt able to catch it

yennem

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby yennem » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:52 am

Scores to be released today?

LawSchoolGeeky

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby LawSchoolGeeky » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:39 pm

yennem wrote:Scores to be released today?


Not sure if there is unofficial word on it, but on the website it says the score release date is tomorrow.

yennem

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby yennem » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:36 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
yennem wrote:Scores to be released today?


Not sure if there is unofficial word on it, but on the website it says the score release date is tomorrow.


Scores are out, I scored 121

LawSchoolGeeky

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby LawSchoolGeeky » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

yennem wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
yennem wrote:Scores to be released today?


Not sure if there is unofficial word on it, but on the website it says the score release date is tomorrow.


Scores are out, I scored 121


Congrats! I passed too. Now on to the bar for me :cry:

tangenisi

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:35 am

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby tangenisi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:18 am

Just got my results. Can't believe I failed this thing :( :( .

Got a score of 76 and needed an 85 for NYC. I was scoring 70% on the practice tests, not great I know but I didn't think I would fail this thing. I was selected for the computer based testing via Pearson and that may have been an issue. Does anyone think a score verification is worth it? How would they even verify a computer based test score? Could there have been some type of mistake?

medalex75

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby medalex75 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:45 pm

I studied a decent amount, no practice tests though and failed by ONE point. need an 85 and got an 84. I'm also awaiting my July bar exam results because I'm an idiot and didn't do this in law school. Does anyone know how long it actually delays bar admission assuming I pass bar in October?

medalex75

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby medalex75 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:54 pm

tangenisi wrote:Just got my results. Can't believe I failed this thing :( :( .

Got a score of 76 and needed an 85 for NYC. I was scoring 70% on the practice tests, not great I know but I didn't think I would fail this thing. I was selected for the computer based testing via Pearson and that may have been an issue. Does anyone think a score verification is worth it? How would they even verify a computer based test score? Could there have been some type of mistake?


Everything I've read on the score verification and people's experience with it is that its a waste of money. $50 down the drain. The chances of the scan-tron being wrong are slim but I'd imagine even more slim if you completed the test on the computer? But you might have some room to complain since the computer exam is so new however I don't they will raise scores. I was also considering complaining or verifying after failing by one point but honestly I think the reality is that we will just have to retake this thing in November.

yennem

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Postby yennem » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:41 pm

I busted my ass studying for this exam, I didn't take it for granted albeit it was nothing like the bar exam it still required enough studying. I passed the FL bar in February and my prior mpre went stale. I wasn't taking any chances. Don't fall for the "this is an easy exam" comments.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests