August 2019 MPRE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
yennem

New

August 2019 MPRE

Post by yennem » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:37 am

Didn’t see a thread on this, I passed the Feb 19 FL Bar Exam but my MPRE went stale so I have to study and retake it this August.

Anyone else on here taking the August 10th exam?

Prepared?
Advice?
Recommendations?

Im doing themis, half way done with the course I have mixed feelings... Exam appears to be much harder than I remembered.

Bingo_Bongo

Bronze

Re: August 2019 MPRE

Post by Bingo_Bongo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:46 pm

I didn't know they even had prep courses for the MPRE. The test is really easy, but frequently underestimated. You need to put (some) prep time into it, but not much. If you do absolutely nothing, you stand a decent chance of failing it. But two or three half days learning the rules, with one practice test with explanations should be more than sufficient.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:51 pm

What did you do to prep last time?

Themis tends to skew its practice questions harder than the real thing, but if you just do their program, you should be fine.

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:41 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:What did you do to prep last time?

Themis tends to skew its practice questions harder than the real thing, but if you just do their program, you should be fine.
I can't remember if I used themis or barbri it was so long ago. I took the simulated exam today and scored 65% (39/60)

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:53 pm

yennem wrote:

I can't remember if I used themis or barbri it was so long ago. I took the simulated exam today and scored 65% (39/60)
If you haven't followed their advice and actually read the outline, you should do that. There's a lot of nitpicky stuff that he doesn't cover in the lectures.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:54 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
yennem wrote:

If you haven't followed their advice and actually read the outline, you should do that. There's a lot of nitpicky stuff that he doesn't cover in the lectures.
cav is right. Read the outline line by line. I did only the outline and it turned out to be overkill. I didn't bother with the lectures or practice questions at all (though I certainly recommend doing practice questions - do as I say, not as I did!).

dadamafia

New

Post by dadamafia » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:02 pm

My MPRE went stale as well and I had to retake it earlier this year. My prep consisted of waking up the morning of the exam and reading the model rules on the ABA website (it was an extremely busy week at work). I then realized I did not have my photograph for the admission ticket so spent a couple hours trying to find a place to get that done before scrambling to the test location with only a couple minutes to spare. I passed (thankfully).

The exam is not very hard but it is very easy to fart around and fail it. I'd say take your time to read the outline/model rules closely and do some practice questions. You'll save yourself alotta stress.

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Post by BeeTeeZ » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:02 am

I just watched the lectures twice (at 1.5 speed) and took the practice exam under timed conditions. That was enough for me.

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:23 pm

BeeTeeZ wrote:I just watched the lectures twice (at 1.5 speed) and took the practice exam under timed conditions. That was enough for me.
How long did you have to wait to be sworn in after getting your MPRE Score?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Post by BeeTeeZ » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 am

yennem wrote:
BeeTeeZ wrote:I just watched the lectures twice (at 1.5 speed) and took the practice exam under timed conditions. That was enough for me.
I took the MPRE last November (fall of 3L) and took the Bar last week, so I haven't been sworn in yet.

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:17 pm

dadamafia wrote:My MPRE went stale as well and I had to retake it earlier this year. My prep consisted of waking up the morning of the exam and reading the model rules on the ABA website (it was an extremely busy week at work). I then realized I did not have my photograph for the admission ticket so spent a couple hours trying to find a place to get that done before scrambling to the test location with only a couple minutes to spare. I passed (thankfully).

The exam is not very hard but it is very easy to fart around and fail it. I'd say take your time to read the outline/model rules closely and do some practice questions. You'll save yourself alotta stress.

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:22 pm

BeeTeeZ wrote:
yennem wrote:
I took the MPRE last November (fall of 3L) and took the Bar last week, so I haven't been sworn in yet.
Yea.... Ive been having that type of week.. I responded to the wrong person.

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Post by BeeTeeZ » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:07 pm

yennem wrote:
BeeTeeZ wrote:
yennem wrote:
Yea.... Ive been having that type of week.. I responded to the wrong person.
It happens to the best of us!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Now the wait begins

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Are we allowed to discuss questions?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:45 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:Are we allowed to discuss questions?
No. That's one of the things you promised not to do when you took the ethics exam.

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:17 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
No. That's one of the things you promised not to do when you took the ethics exam.
Lol literally written on the exam itself

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 pm

yennem wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
Well pardon me. I was one of those lucky ones who was randomly selected to test at a Pearson center, so perhaps that’s why it wasn’t as “sticky.”

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:
yennem wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
Well pardon me. I was one of those lucky ones who was randomly selected to test at a Pearson center, so perhaps that’s why it wasn’t as “sticky.”

How was it?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:33 pm

yennem wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
Dammit, next time I'll check post history before responding.

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:22 pm

I was like the only non 2L/3L Taking the exam today... but regardless why does it take a month to grade this exam? This is worse than waiting for my bar exam scores.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bingo_Bongo

Bronze

Post by Bingo_Bongo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:06 am

yennem wrote:I was like the only non 2L/3L Taking the exam today... but regardless why does it take a month to grade this exam? This is worse than waiting for my bar exam scores.
The tests all have to be shipped to the scoring center. They have to all be accounted for. They have to all be ran through the scantron machine. Some tests have to be manually graded due to errors. The psychometricians and statisticians audit the results and scale the scores. Questions might be reassessed after the results are in. The scores are all linked to the proper accounts.

There's a lot to do. It's really not surprising it takes a little over a month to get the results.

dadamafia

New

Post by dadamafia » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 pm

yennem wrote:
dadamafia wrote:My MPRE went stale as well and I had to retake it earlier this year. My prep consisted of waking up the morning of the exam and reading the model rules on the ABA website (it was an extremely busy week at work). I then realized I did not have my photograph for the admission ticket so spent a couple hours trying to find a place to get that done before scrambling to the test location with only a couple minutes to spare. I passed (thankfully).

I just took the bar so have not been sworn in. I took the bar exam and failed back in 2014 but did not retake as I got a job in investment banking before then switching to corporate development at a tech company. Timing was never great to retake but I wanted to switch back to legal so networked into an in-house legal job at a large company (30k or so employees) earlier this year that allowed me to chance to sit this summer.

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:03 pm

September 5th appears to be the date results are released by the NCBE.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:46 pm

yennem wrote:
yennem wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

How was it?
Didn’t love it. I would have preferred a pencil and paper.

I went through the online tutorial beforehand, but didn’t realize until halfway through the actual exam that clicking your mouse anywhere on the text of an answer selects the corresponding radio button. So I’m a little concerned I may have inadvertently changed some responses.

I was actually looking forward to using a Scantron sheet for the first time in about 6 years...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”