Got everything done - how do I get admitted? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
handwritingdoofus

New

Got everything done - how do I get admitted?

Post by handwritingdoofus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:17 am

UK lawyer here seeking admission in New York, so I don't have access to a careers office for guidance. I have got everything done (bar the MPRE, which I sit in August, and expect results some time in September) - all of the exams, got someone ready to certify my pro bono work, etc etc. I am now a bit lost as to what I need to file. The NY BOLE website is quite wordy and opaque (actually - a lot of US websites are - what's that about? Nevermind, a Q for a different thread).

Does anyone have a checklist of the requirements they would be willing to share, or some other simple breakdown of the forms/requirements/dates etc?

Thanks

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Re: Got everything done - how do I get admitted?

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 am

handwritingdoofus wrote:UK lawyer here seeking admission in New York, so I don't have access to a careers office for guidance. I have got everything done (bar the MPRE, which I sit in August, and expect results some time in September) - all of the exams, got someone ready to certify my pro bono work, etc etc. I am now a bit lost as to what I need to file. The NY BOLE website is quite wordy and opaque (actually - a lot of US websites are - what's that about? Nevermind, a Q for a different thread).

Does anyone have a checklist of the requirements they would be willing to share, or some other simple breakdown of the forms/requirements/dates etc?

Thanks
I believe out-of-state applicants are admitted in the 3rd Department, so 3rd dept character and fitness should be able to guide you.
You mention you’re taking the MPRE in August; how about the NYLE? Have you done that yet?

Borris

New

Re: Got everything done - how do I get admitted?

Post by Borris » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:50 am

Also, once you have fulfilled all of the requirements for admission (including MPRE and NYLC/NYLE) you will receive a notice of "certification" and likely also an email from the 3rd Department setting out all of the admission/documentation requirements (including a checklist).

Note: I am in the 1st Department, but am assuming the process is similar for all.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”