Got everything done - how do I get admitted?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
handwritingdoofus

New

Got everything done - how do I get admitted?

Postby handwritingdoofus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:17 am

UK lawyer here seeking admission in New York, so I don't have access to a careers office for guidance. I have got everything done (bar the MPRE, which I sit in August, and expect results some time in September) - all of the exams, got someone ready to certify my pro bono work, etc etc. I am now a bit lost as to what I need to file. The NY BOLE website is quite wordy and opaque (actually - a lot of US websites are - what's that about? Nevermind, a Q for a different thread).

Does anyone have a checklist of the requirements they would be willing to share, or some other simple breakdown of the forms/requirements/dates etc?

Thanks

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Re: Got everything done - how do I get admitted?

Postby Cop2lawyerNYC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 am

handwritingdoofus wrote:UK lawyer here seeking admission in New York, so I don't have access to a careers office for guidance. I have got everything done (bar the MPRE, which I sit in August, and expect results some time in September) - all of the exams, got someone ready to certify my pro bono work, etc etc. I am now a bit lost as to what I need to file. The NY BOLE website is quite wordy and opaque (actually - a lot of US websites are - what's that about? Nevermind, a Q for a different thread).

Does anyone have a checklist of the requirements they would be willing to share, or some other simple breakdown of the forms/requirements/dates etc?

Thanks

I believe out-of-state applicants are admitted in the 3rd Department, so 3rd dept character and fitness should be able to guide you.
You mention you’re taking the MPRE in August; how about the NYLE? Have you done that yet?

Borris

New

Re: Got everything done - how do I get admitted?

Postby Borris » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:50 am

Also, once you have fulfilled all of the requirements for admission (including MPRE and NYLC/NYLE) you will receive a notice of "certification" and likely also an email from the 3rd Department setting out all of the admission/documentation requirements (including a checklist).

Note: I am in the 1st Department, but am assuming the process is similar for all.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?