Drop in MBE Performance

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Maje9

New

Drop in MBE Performance

Postby Maje9 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:32 am

Hey all!

I am noticing a drop in my MBE performance this week. I have been doing about 25-36 MBE questions every day on Adaptibar. Up until yesterday, I had been getting 65% correct answers. Yesterday and today my scores dropped to 50-54%. Is that normal? I feel I lost the law I learned in the past month. Should I stop doing MBE questions and devote a couple of days to review the rules in all MBE subjects?

johngotti

New

Re: Drop in MBE Performance

Postby johngotti » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am

Maje9 wrote:Hey all!

I am noticing a drop in my MBE performance this week. I have been doing about 25-36 MBE questions every day on Adaptibar. Up until yesterday, I had been getting 65% correct answers. Yesterday and today my scores dropped to 50-54%. Is that normal? I feel I lost the law I learned in the past month. Should I stop doing MBE questions and devote a couple of days to review the rules in all MBE subjects?

You've gotta constantly review the law,there's still a month to go. I've had a few rough days on adaptibar as well, sometimes you just get a bunch of awful questions with about 25% on all 4 answers. Take a deep breath and keep grinding.

Bronze

Postby 265489164158 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:56 pm

I also have experienced a drop on Adaptibar the past two days (from 70% to less than 60%). I think the questions start getting harder once you have completed a certain number? Or, I am just getting very fatigued.

FutureLawyer2

New

Postby FutureLawyer2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:17 pm

I wouldn't worry, just keep on memorizing the law and you should be ok.
Good luck!

yyyuppp

Bronze

Postby yyyuppp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:51 am

I'm doing barbri. i feel like 50% of the stuff on the adaptibar questions aren't even in the barbri huge outlines. for example, i am getting a ton of questions on objections and an onslaught of questions about federal appeal jurisdiction that drift way outside the cursory shit barbri gives us. wtf

FutureLawyer2

New

Postby FutureLawyer2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Focus on the elements, the elements and the elements.

If you can properly do this then the multiple choice questions will be intuitive, or at least enough to get a decent score.

Remember. The bar exam is called the bar exam and is testing threshold competency. I used babri and critical pass mbe flashcards which were incredibly helpful for my learning style as barbri wasted time for me. I attach a 10% off here http://criticalpass.refr.cc/barpass if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and or message.

FutureLawyer2

New

Postby FutureLawyer2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Focus on the elements, the elements and the elements.

If you can properly do this then the multiple choice questions will be intuitive, or at least enough to get a decent score.

Remember. The bar exam is called the bar exam and is testing threshold competency. I used babri and critical pass mbe flashcards which were incredibly helpful for my learning style as barbri wasted time for me. I attach a 10% off here http://criticalpass.refr.cc/barpass if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and or message.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�