Drop in MBE Performance

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Maje9

New

Drop in MBE Performance

Postby Maje9 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:32 am

Hey all!

I am noticing a drop in my MBE performance this week. I have been doing about 25-36 MBE questions every day on Adaptibar. Up until yesterday, I had been getting 65% correct answers. Yesterday and today my scores dropped to 50-54%. Is that normal? I feel I lost the law I learned in the past month. Should I stop doing MBE questions and devote a couple of days to review the rules in all MBE subjects?

johngotti

New

Re: Drop in MBE Performance

Postby johngotti » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am

Maje9 wrote:Hey all!

I am noticing a drop in my MBE performance this week. I have been doing about 25-36 MBE questions every day on Adaptibar. Up until yesterday, I had been getting 65% correct answers. Yesterday and today my scores dropped to 50-54%. Is that normal? I feel I lost the law I learned in the past month. Should I stop doing MBE questions and devote a couple of days to review the rules in all MBE subjects?

You've gotta constantly review the law,there's still a month to go. I've had a few rough days on adaptibar as well, sometimes you just get a bunch of awful questions with about 25% on all 4 answers. Take a deep breath and keep grinding.

Bronze

Postby 265489164158 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:56 pm

I also have experienced a drop on Adaptibar the past two days (from 70% to less than 60%). I think the questions start getting harder once you have completed a certain number? Or, I am just getting very fatigued.

FutureLawyer2

New

Postby FutureLawyer2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:17 pm

I wouldn't worry, just keep on memorizing the law and you should be ok.
Good luck!

yyyuppp

Bronze

Postby yyyuppp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:51 am

I'm doing barbri. i feel like 50% of the stuff on the adaptibar questions aren't even in the barbri huge outlines. for example, i am getting a ton of questions on objections and an onslaught of questions about federal appeal jurisdiction that drift way outside the cursory shit barbri gives us. wtf

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FutureLawyer2

New

Postby FutureLawyer2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Focus on the elements, the elements and the elements.

If you can properly do this then the multiple choice questions will be intuitive, or at least enough to get a decent score.

Remember. The bar exam is called the bar exam and is testing threshold competency. I used babri and critical pass mbe flashcards which were incredibly helpful for my learning style as barbri wasted time for me. I attach a 10% off here http://criticalpass.refr.cc/barpass if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and or message.

FutureLawyer2

New

Postby FutureLawyer2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Focus on the elements, the elements and the elements.

If you can properly do this then the multiple choice questions will be intuitive, or at least enough to get a decent score.

Remember. The bar exam is called the bar exam and is testing threshold competency. I used babri and critical pass mbe flashcards which were incredibly helpful for my learning style as barbri wasted time for me. I attach a 10% off here http://criticalpass.refr.cc/barpass if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and or message.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�