Missouri Bar Prep (Barbri)

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ncheerharan

New

Missouri Bar Prep (Barbri)

Postby ncheerharan » Fri May 31, 2019 6:05 pm

Hey guys,

Not sure if someone else already posted this (did a quick browse and didnt see anyone).

I'm in week 2 of my online barbri bar prep (about to move onto week 3) and I just wanted to know if what I've been doing is enough or if I've been slacking (which is the general feel I've been getting).

I'm doing the assignments that the PSP has listed for barbri, but some of the video lectures I have been putting at 1.5 or 1.25 because they speak kinda slow and I can move a little faster, but overall I've been averaging about 5 hours a day (some days 6-7 hours some days 3-4 hours but generally averaging 5). I graduated from the top law school in missouri, middle of the pack, but I genuinely feel as though I havent been doing enough for bar prep.

I have heard stories of people pumping out 8-10 hours everyday for the full 2 months. I feel like I'm learning, but after 4 or 5 hours I feel kinda mentally drained. I know I'm still in the beginning of bar prep, so is it normal to only average like 5 hours a day studying or do I need to tighten up and pump out fill 8 hour days? My job is conditioned on me passing and I would hate to know I slacked off and that cost me bar passage.

I just have a general feel that I need to do more, but after 5 hours I feel exhausted and then I feel guilty for not studying and end up googling study hour schedules. I have heard some people say at first they average 4-5 hours a day then once late june early july arrives they ratchet up to 8 hours a day, but then theres others who say good luck with that with a condescending tone.

Bingo_Bongo

Bronze

Re: Missouri Bar Prep (Barbri)

Postby Bingo_Bongo » Fri May 31, 2019 8:12 pm

Only you know yourself and what you need to do well. Have you taken any practice MBEs, yet? What % range are you scoring? Have you tried practice essays? Are you hitting the issues on those? Do you feel like you know the subjects well?

There are people who will study 10 hours a day, everyday, and then fail. There are also people who will do much much less than that and manage to pass.

Personally, I didn't put in 8 hours every day (although I do remember upping the hours substantially towards the end), and I even took a week vacation in the middle of June where I spent six days doing absolutely no bar prep whatsoever, and I passed the California bar the first time.

So, I think the answer is as obvious as it probably seems: it depends on you. Once you get up to speed on your subjects, take practice exams so you'll know where you're at so you can get a better idea of what you need to be doing.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�