Themis July 2019

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cherryfilter

New

Re: Themis July 2019

Postby cherryfilter » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 pm

other guy wrote:I'm not getting much out of quiz builder anymore because I've seen all of the questions. Anyone else having this problem?
Also, i feel like I'm getting inflated scores because I'm getting the same questions on the practice sets. oh well

Yeah, that's why I stopped using them..builds up false confidence :/

westinghouse60

Bronze

Postby westinghouse60 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:15 pm

So most of the time the MBE choices are like:

1. Yes, X is liable
2. Yes, X is liable
3. No, X is not liable
4. No, X is not liable

But every once in a while, the choices will be:

1. Yes, X is liable
2. Yes, X is liable
3. Yes, X is liable
4. No, X is not liable

Without fail, it seems like in these instances, 4. is always the correct answer. In fact, I actually can't think of a single question I've gotten where this hasn't been the case.

Is this a Themis thing? I'm kinda worried that I'll be tempted to choose 4. on the bar because of this :roll:

Anon2468

New

Postby Anon2468 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:35 pm

westinghouse60 wrote:So most of the time the MBE choices are like:

1. Yes, X is liable
2. Yes, X is liable
3. No, X is not liable
4. No, X is not liable

But every once in a while, the choices will be:

1. Yes, X is liable
2. Yes, X is liable
3. Yes, X is liable
4. No, X is not liable

Without fail, it seems like in these instances, 4. is always the correct answer. In fact, I actually can't think of a single question I've gotten where this hasn't been the case.

Is this a Themis thing? I'm kinda worried that I'll be tempted to choose 4. on the bar because of this :roll:

I've notice this when i've gone through non-themis questions that were taken from old exams.

jc9812

New

Postby jc9812 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Seems kind of insane to me that the final review outlines aren't online. Not a huge deal as I've been using smartbar to prepare for the essays but...cmon man. I'm traveling across the country to take the exam and don''t want to pack the heavy books. $1300 price tag is still fine if I pass, I guess, but it's stuff like this (see also the mobile app being worse than useless) that drives me a little nuts with Themis.

CEReds

New

Postby CEReds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:51 pm

Does anyone else feel like they’ve forgotten every thing learned over the past few weeks? My brain feel all over the place and it’s hard keeping things together. Would like general advice on how you guys are keeping it together

westinghouse60

Bronze

Postby westinghouse60 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:21 pm

Strategically procrastinating so that everything is just now being put in my brain

arbarprep

New

Postby arbarprep » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:24 pm

CEReds wrote:Does anyone else feel like they’ve forgotten every thing learned over the past few weeks? My brain feel all over the place and it’s hard keeping things together. Would like general advice on how you guys are keeping it together

I've tattooed the FRCP, FRE, UCC Art 9, and the MPC onto my arms. no need to keep studying anymore :D :D

CEReds

New

Postby CEReds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Lol amazing advice, I didn’t think it’s too late for me to get this done as well lol

arbarprep wrote:
CEReds wrote:Does anyone else feel like they’ve forgotten every thing learned over the past few weeks? My brain feel all over the place and it’s hard keeping things together. Would like general advice on how you guys are keeping it together

I've tattooed the FRCP, FRE, UCC Art 9, and the MPC onto my arms. no need to keep studying anymore :D :D

Dunnkirk85

New

Postby Dunnkirk85 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:13 pm

The trick for me is not trying to recall too much stuff at once. You know more than you think. Think of it like a computer. All of the information is in your brain somewhere but if you try to open it all at once, you overload and freeze. Just focus on one subject at a time. Open the program and close it. When you move from essay to essay or question to question on the exam just focus on that one topic. Don't think about the other stuff you have learned and the other questions on the exam. Idk if this helps but it helps me.

CEReds

New

Postby CEReds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:36 pm

I still have some time to try this before next week. Really appreciate the thorough advice!
Dunnkirk85 wrote:

The trick for me is not trying to recall too much stuff at once. You know more than you think. Think of it like a computer. All of the information is in your brain somewhere but if you try to open it all at once, you overload and freeze. Just focus on one subject at a time. Open the program and close it. When you move from essay to essay or question to question on the exam just focus on that one topic. Don't think about the other stuff you have learned and the other questions on the exam. Idk if this helps but it helps me.

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:38 pm

westinghouse60 wrote:Strategically procrastinating so that everything is just now being put in my brain

Same. Took this week off from work to study and I've done about 5 solid hours... I feel like I do better as a crunch test taker anyhow. Barred in another state. So it's not my first go. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

AussieAustin

New

Postby AussieAustin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:49 pm

I have moments like this but have to remind myself to trust the process and know that I’ve done all that I can. The last couple of days I’ve taken it easy. I haven’t been able to do the long hours of study that I did previously. My brain just couldn’t cope. I think It needs a break before the real thing. Looking forward to my massage on Monday morning. Hopefully it doesn’t relax me too much. lol.

CEReds

New

Postby CEReds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:07 pm

I’m thinking about cutting it back as well. I just see at this rate it does no good to try to do excessively long study hours considering that I physically feel like my brain cannot take any more.
Monday is definitely a massage and chill kinda day. Cheers

AussieAustin wrote:

I have moments like this but have to remind myself to trust the process and know that I’ve done all that I can. The last couple of days I’ve taken it easy. I haven’t been able to do the long hours of study that I did previously. My brain just couldn’t cope. I think It needs a break before the real thing. Looking forward to my massage on Monday morning. Hopefully it doesn’t relax me too much. lol.

lemondhead

New

Postby lemondhead » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:16 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
westinghouse60 wrote:Strategically procrastinating so that everything is just now being put in my brain

Same. Took this week off from work to study and I've done about 5 solid hours... I feel like I do better as a crunch test taker anyhow. Barred in another state. So it's not my first go. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Seconding. I graduated a few years ago, never sat. I work full-time so I started back in March. May have been a little early, as I got burned out hard in June and early July.

I'm sitting at about 75% course completion. 1500 MBE with a 60% average (so all of you scoring higher, take heart). Also did the first three practice exams, so another 300 MBE. Did a bunch of essays and 10 or so MPT. I'm just kinda done at this point; after 4.5 months, I'm just ready for whatever happens.

So, 60% average on all MBE, and 131/200 on my simulated. Graded essays were harsh. Threes and fours, one five, and really solid MPT. I didn't do the last two. Latest MBE sets have been between 60-80%, so kinda all over. I keep talking myself out of answers because I'm exception-hunting, so I may quit MBEs at this point.

My jurisdiction has a pass score in the high 260s. Seperac estimates a pass, but I graduated so long ago now that I'm unsure. I wish I had done more than 1500 MBE and that my average was over 60%.

I wish I hadn't hit a wall, but I couldn't pull 60+ hour weeks anymore. I took the last week off work and have only managed 3-5 hours a day, all MBE-heavy. I think tomorrow I'm gonna work on MEE and call it.

If anyone has any encouragement, I'd appreciate it. I'll be counting on that 15-20 point scaled bump. Good luck, all. If anyone has any last minute tips, let me know. We're almost done.

cherryfilter

New

Postby cherryfilter » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:32 pm

AussieAustin wrote:

Omg...jealous

kenken637

New

Postby kenken637 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:01 pm

lemondhead wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

Seconding. I graduated a few years ago, never sat. I work full-time so I started back in March. May have been a little early, as I got burned out hard in June and early July.

I'm sitting at about 75% course completion. 1500 MBE with a 60% average (so all of you scoring higher, take heart). Also did the first three practice exams, so another 300 MBE. Did a bunch of essays and 10 or so MPT. I'm just kinda done at this point; after 4.5 months, I'm just ready for whatever happens.

So, 60% average on all MBE, and 131/200 on my simulated. Graded essays were harsh. Threes and fours, one five, and really solid MPT. I didn't do the last two. Latest MBE sets have been between 60-80%, so kinda all over. I keep talking myself out of answers because I'm exception-hunting, so I may quit MBEs at this point.

My jurisdiction has a pass score in the high 260s. Seperac estimates a pass, but I graduated so long ago now that I'm unsure. I wish I had done more than 1500 MBE and that my average was over 60%.

I wish I hadn't hit a wall, but I couldn't pull 60+ hour weeks anymore. I took the last week off work and have only managed 3-5 hours a day, all MBE-heavy. I think tomorrow I'm gonna work on MEE and call it.

If anyone has any encouragement, I'd appreciate it. I'll be counting on that 15-20 point scaled bump. Good luck, all. If anyone has any last minute tips, let me know. We're almost done.

I'm just reading essays at this point. It's more refreshing than anything else and helps put the substantive law together that we've been trying to grasp.. Also, I find it to be a good way to visualize how to set up your essay responses.

I don't think that there's much to be done at this point to improve in MBE's, while we should rather be reviewing. So I'd say focusing on MEE and MPT would be a good gamble, since the MEE's can also serve as a review for the main topics per subject..

Keep pushing everyone... look forward for a relaxing Monday afternoon/evening. Can't wait till Wednesday night :|

AussieAustin

New

Postby AussieAustin » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:34 am

kenken637 wrote:
lemondhead wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

I'm just reading essays at this point. It's more refreshing than anything else and helps put the substantive law together that we've been trying to grasp.. Also, I find it to be a good way to visualize how to set up your essay responses.

I don't think that there's much to be done at this point to improve in MBE's, while we should rather be reviewing. So I'd say focusing on MEE and MPT would be a good gamble, since the MEE's can also serve as a review for the main topics per subject..

Keep pushing everyone... look forward for a relaxing Monday afternoon/evening. Can't wait till Wednesday night :|

If only I was done by Wednesday night. Damn you Texas and your extra day!!

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Postby KissMyAxe » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:41 pm

I just want to make sure before I fly to my test location tomorrow. I specifically remember having to have a passport photo with my admission ticket for the MPRE. Is there any requirement like that for this one? What exactly do we have to bring?

AussieAustin

New

Postby AussieAustin » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:13 pm

KissMyAxe wrote:I just want to make sure before I fly to my test location tomorrow. I specifically remember having to have a passport photo with my admission ticket for the MPRE. Is there any requirement like that for this one? What exactly do we have to bring?

It will depend on your state. You should look up the bar website for your state and what their rules are. I know For Texas you don’t bring a passport photo because on your ticket, is the photo you uploaded to the BLE website when you applied.

DepressedWorkerBee

New

Postby DepressedWorkerBee » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:00 am

AussieAustin wrote:
KissMyAxe wrote:I just want to make sure before I fly to my test location tomorrow. I specifically remember having to have a passport photo with my admission ticket for the MPRE. Is there any requirement like that for this one? What exactly do we have to bring?

It will depend on your state. You should look up the bar website for your state and what their rules are. I know For Texas you don’t bring a passport photo because on your ticket, is the photo you uploaded to the BLE website when you applied.

Fellow Texas taker here - I've checked online and asked a few people but was just curious if you knew anything about this. For prescriptions that I want to take with me to the exam, I just have to put the labeled/original prescription in the little zip lock baggie and then I'm good to go - but still paranoid about it lol.

Dunnkirk85

New

Postby Dunnkirk85 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:01 am

Love that Themis saved the hardest MBE questions I've seen for practice sets 19 & 20 right before the exam! Not a confidence booster

Hopeful29clerk

New

Postby Hopeful29clerk » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:15 am

Is there a character or word limit on the MEE/MPT?

cavalier1138

Postby cavalier1138 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:24 am

Hopeful29clerk wrote:Is there a character or word limit on the MEE/MPT?

I don't think so. But Themis imposes word/character limits based on your jurisdiction's rule. So whatever you've been practicing with is correct (and if it's something like 30,000, there's no limit).

AussieAustin

New

Postby AussieAustin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:39 am

Dunnkirk85 wrote:Love that Themis saved the hardest MBE questions I've seen for practice sets 19 & 20 right before the exam! Not a confidence booster

I wouldn’t be bothering with more practice sets, mostly for the reason you said. You don’t want to go into It feeling not good. Trust that by now you’ve done enough. Take a break and relax (as much as that’s possible)

RioGrandeLaw

New

Postby RioGrandeLaw » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:01 pm

Well, I feel like I've been spanked like a red-headed step child.

[Obligatory reminder not to mention specifics of questions]

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?