California Moral Character

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
nessnessy

New

California Moral Character

Postby nessnessy » Thu May 02, 2019 12:56 pm

What if I can't remember my supervisors names for past jobs, its not information i can really obtain through hr what should i do

rcharter1978

Gold

Re: California Moral Character

Postby rcharter1978 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:10 am

nessnessy wrote:What if I can't remember my supervisors names for past jobs, its not information i can really obtain through hr what should i do

Have you tried getting that information from your old hr or are you assuming that they don't have the information? Do you remember any manager at your old job? For instance, I couldn't remember the name of my direct supervisor at a position, but I remembered the name of the branch manager, so I put in the information for that person.

QContinuum

Postby QContinuum » Fri May 03, 2019 11:17 am

rcharter1978 wrote:
nessnessy wrote:What if I can't remember my supervisors names for past jobs, its not information i can really obtain through hr what should i do

Have you tried getting that information from your old hr or are you assuming that they don't have the information? Do you remember any manager at your old job? For instance, I couldn't remember the name of my direct supervisor at a position, but I remembered the name of the branch manager, so I put in the information for that person.

rcharter is right. HR should have records of who your supervisor was. Otherwise, do you have no scrap of information in your own records to go on, like any emails sent to/from your personal account? Your offer letter?

I also kind of find it hard to believe you have no personal recollection of your boss' name. That seems like kind of a hard thing to forget. I remember all of my bosses' names even though finding current contact info for some of them could be a challenge.

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:08 pm

QContinuum wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

rcharter is right. HR should have records of who your supervisor was. Otherwise, do you have no scrap of information in your own records to go on, like any emails sent to/from your personal account? Your offer letter?

I also kind of find it hard to believe you have no personal recollection of your boss' name. That seems like kind of a hard thing to forget. I remember all of my bosses' names even though finding current contact info for some of them could be a challenge.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, I was generally able to remember the name of someone who was in charge from my previous positions, but maybe our powers of recall are just extraordinary?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�