MBE average score as % of correct answers

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ELerner

New

MBE average score as % of correct answers

Postby ELerner » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Does anyone know what the national average MBE score is, stated as a % of correct answers? I can find all sorts of stats re "score," but nothing that translates that into percentage of correct answers. I'm looking to gauge myself after having taken a diagnostic test before beginning down-and-dirty study prep.

Thanks.

JoeSeperac

Re: MBE average score as % of correct answers

Postby JoeSeperac » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:43 am

ELerner wrote:Does anyone know what the national average MBE score is, stated as a % of correct answers? I can find all sorts of stats re "score," but nothing that translates that into percentage of correct answers. I'm looking to gauge myself after having taken a diagnostic test before beginning down-and-dirty study prep.

Thanks.

My best guesstimate is 64% correct to achieve the February mean of 136.5 (based on avg national Feb MBE mean from 1973 to today) or 69% correct to achieve the July mean of 142 (based on avg national July MBE mean from 1973 to today)

dabigchina

Gold

Re: MBE average score as % of correct answers

Postby dabigchina » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:14 pm

JoeSeperac wrote:
ELerner wrote:Does anyone know what the national average MBE score is, stated as a % of correct answers? I can find all sorts of stats re "score," but nothing that translates that into percentage of correct answers. I'm looking to gauge myself after having taken a diagnostic test before beginning down-and-dirty study prep.

Thanks.

My best guesstimate is 64% correct to achieve the February mean of 136.5 (based on avg national Feb MBE mean from 1973 to today) or 69% correct to achieve the July mean of 142 (based on avg national July MBE mean from 1973 to today)

69% translates to 142? Thats pretty surprising. I definitely did not feel like I got 69% right walking out of last July's mbe

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�