Is it me or is Themis a piece of shit?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
desperate4lawschool

New

Is it me or is Themis a piece of shit?

Postby desperate4lawschool » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 pm

I’ve started studying for the July bar and got Themis based on what I’ve “heard”. So far, I’ve had videos that keep crashing, assessment questions that do not deal with anything the chapter covered, multiple choice questions with choices that are identical.... I’ve submitted comments to their help line and got the “I’m sorry you’re experiencing these problems” BS with no real solution. Is it me or is Themis a piece of crap that I just paid thousands for? Watch the civil procedure lecture, the lecturer literally stops in the middle and talks to someone in the background for 10 secs out of the blue. I mean wtf?

dabigchina

Gold

Re: Is it me or is Themis a piece of shit?

Postby dabigchina » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 am

I use themis last year and i don't remember any of these issues at all. you are starting pretty early, so you might be dealing with some teething issues with new content they are rolling out.

my complaint was the low quality lecturer they got for evidence, but i never had technical issues like what you are describing.

Wild Card

Silver

Postby Wild Card » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:33 am

It's fine. It covered a MEE question last summer that Barbri altogether ignored.

cavalier1138

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 am

Since there aren't a plethora of "Themis isn't working!" threads on this (or any other) forum, it sounds like the technical stuff is an issue on your end. As for the other stuff, it seems strange that Themis would have such high pass rates if their lectures weren't at least mostly on point.

dabigchina

Gold

Postby dabigchina » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:20 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Since there aren't a plethora of "Themis isn't working!" threads on this (or any other) forum, it sounds like the technical stuff is an issue on your end. As for the other stuff, it seems strange that Themis would have such high pass rates if their lectures weren't at least mostly on point.

to OP's credit, not a lot of people start studying for the July bar in April.

inyourhonor07

New

Postby inyourhonor07 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:30 pm

It's on your end. I started studying for the Feb. 2019 bar in November and I never had a problem.

cavalier1138

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:36 pm

dabigchina wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:Since there aren't a plethora of "Themis isn't working!" threads on this (or any other) forum, it sounds like the technical stuff is an issue on your end. As for the other stuff, it seems strange that Themis would have such high pass rates if their lectures weren't at least mostly on point.

to OP's credit, not a lot of people start studying for the July bar in April.

True. I just don't imagine that Themis has completely overhauled the program to the point that there are going to be massive tech issues with the July bar program that were not present in February.

ModalPenalCode

New

Postby ModalPenalCode » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:41 am

I've been using Themis since it opened in March without any technical issues and I'm about half way through the lectures. I'll admit there's been maybe three assessment questions that were not covered in the lecture, but nothing beyond that. Yes, there was that one weird instance in Civil Procedure, but again, just a one off. I've not seen any issues with identical multiple choice answers.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?